• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Ra\/en

Christ. Jesus Fucking.

BeNng.jpg

I hope to god there is a photo with someone wearing one of these monsters. What was that site that featured people wearing embarrassing and/or outdated jerseys?

wow. that's horrible. Worst ever.

Even worse than this abomination.

canucks.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Heh, co-worker complaining that the King's away jersey looks like a cigarette pack. Hard to unsee.

Kings absolutely have to go back to the 70's purple/yellow giant crown. That thing was magical.

Quick

Banned
Kings absolutely have to go back to the 70's purple/yellow giant crown. That thing was magical.

As cool as the "forum blue and gold" jerseys are, I think it works best as an alternate nowadays. If they want to use it as a home and away set, I think they'd need to modernize it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As cool as the "forum blue and gold" jerseys are, I think it works best as an alternate nowadays. If they want to use it as a home and away set, I think they'd need to modernize it.

Absolutely agree, and I think it could be easily modernized. I've always wondered why they don't try to link their jersey with the classic Lakers color scheme.

Solo

So, if/when Phoenix goes to Quebec.....

Phoenix/Quebec to Northeast
Buffalo to Southeast
Winnipeg to Northwest
Minnesota to Central

What say you, NHL GAF?

Damn, even better mask then I remembered

Love Beezer. That's another great goalie we managed to break down into a sniveling pile of incompetence. Patrick Roy could have come to Philly and been broken.

He was pretty old by the time he played for the Flyers though. That and he was probably pretty demoralized by the cats tanking

ElNino

So, if/when Phoenix goes to Quebec.....

Phoenix/Quebec to Northeast
Buffalo to Southeast
Winnipeg to Northwest
Minnesota to Central

What say you, NHL GAF?
That one seems really out of place, although I'm having a difficult time thinking of a better team to move there in that scenario. There are plenty of cities much further "Southeast" than Buffalo, but all of them have an established rivalry with other local teams. (Phi/Pit, NYR/NYI/NJ).

However, I think changing to two divisions per league is more likely.

I think someone in this thread brought up the possibility of this happening at the start of the series (that is, visiting fans throwing them to get a delay of game penalty called). Guess it was only a matter of time. Hope the Devils lose.

I think we can all agree on that. Sucks if they cant throw rats at the end after the Devils are eliminated.

Torts seems like he would be a good coach for a team that is going well, but once stuff goes bad I could see him making things worse. Hopefully Anderson has a shutout and alfie gets the winner tonight.

Torts seems like he would be a good coach for a team that is going well, but once stuff goes bad I could see him making things worse. Hopefully Anderson has a shutout and alfie gets the winner tonight.

Or just not a very good coach.... One fluke cup
FUCKING FEDETENKO!
and he gets a reputation for the rest of his career. Most overrated coach in the league.

ZeroGravity

This is what happened in Tampa. He lost the room pretty quick when the Lightning bottomed out.

Jon

I think we can all agree on that. Sucks if they cant throw rats at the end after the Devils are eliminated.

Uhh, I definitely am rooting for the Devils. There is still a possibility that all bottom 4 seeds could win, and the Flyers will re-seed as the #1 seed.

This is what happened in Tampa. He lost the room pretty quick when the Lightning bottomed out.

I honsetly dont understand how he thinks pointing the finger at players is ever going to work. I think players hate that kind of shit, Keenan would do that shit to, not as much as Torts though, and I dont think it ever worked for him either.

Uhh, I definitely am rooting for the Devils. There is still a possibility that all bottom 4 seeds could win, and the Flyers will re-seed as the #1 seed.

Flyers match up even better against the Panthers then they do against the Devils, so the Panthers still seems like the better team to have advance.

Rats are still allowed just not sold in the arena.
I know there were a few NJ fans thowring them and were removed from the arena Sat.

There are stupid people though and despite warnings before the game, after goals, and during TV timeouts they still get thrown after goals. After a win they are fine.

Rats will probably be sold again but there needs to be a more elegant solution that keeps the tradition.

I know there were a few NJ fans thowring them and were removed from the arena Sat.

There are stupid people though and despite warnings before the game, after goals, and during TV timeouts they still get thrown after goals. After a win they are fine.

Rats will probably be sold again but there needs to be a more elegant solution that keeps the tradition.

Publix or gas stations need to get rats in stock and take over the market. I'm fine with sneaking them in if I got to, Pantherland lines are ridiculous come playoff time anyways.

Marvie_3

Banned

Just keep Devils fans out. Nobody wants them there anyway

Publix or gas stations need to get rats in stock and take over the market. I'm fine with sneaking them in if I got to, Pantherland lines are ridiculous come playoff time anyways.
Seriously. I still refuse to believe Yormark would turn away that opportunity for money. Of all the crazy shit he's done to keep the team from the profit sharing floor, reselling rats for $5 every game is too easy to just drop.

Solo

:lol, seriously?

Name a better solution. You can't move any of MTL, TOR, OTT or BOS for rivalry/location purposes, and Quebec has to be in the same division as Montreal. Same goes for PIT/PHI and NYR/NYI/NJD. Sabres are the odd team out. Also, I would think you would like that move, as it lands the Sabres in an easier division.

Fei

Name a better solution. You can't move any of MTL, TOR, OTT or BOS for rivalry/location purposes, and Quebec has to be in the same division as Montreal. Same goes for PIT/PHI and NYR/NYI/NJD. Sabres are the odd team out. Also, I would think you would like that move, as it lands the Sabres in an easier division.

I think most people like Buffalo and Toronto's division given they're two of the closest teams in the league.

Looking at the proposed realignment divisions, you likely just take Phoenix out of Conference A add Quebec into the existing Conference C to make is an 8 team conference. Until realignment, Quebec stays in the Pacific - just as Winnipeg is currently stuck in the Southeast.

Winn moves to west, Nashville to SE. Closest team to it.

Curufinwe

Move Philly south. They'll make new rivals. A couple of regular season games against Pittsburgh should be enough for Simmonds or someone to beat Neal's face senseless.

Top Bottom