• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

This isn't football. There is nobody else for me but the Canucks. She's my first love and true love.
hwu7q.gif

yR7sH.gif

MNwlm.gif

F69ky.gif

9jJPL.gif

Is NHL 12 pretty good for someone who's just kind of getting into hockey?
I want to say no. There doesn't seem to be any real good in game tutorials that teaches you the basics on positioning and stuff. Hell, I had to source a lot of my knowledge on defense by watching games, reading up tutorials online and watching videos on Youtube.

Canuck76

Banned
I want to say no. There doesn't seem to be any real good in game tutorials that teaches you the basics on positioning and stuff. Hell, I had to source a lot of my knowledge on defense by watching games, reading up tutorials online and watching videos on Youtube.

Ehh honestly i can kind of make do. I understand the complaint but as long as there's some good youtube videos explaining it I'm fine. Sucks that these sports games are like that sometimes but i had to do the same thing with NBA 2k12

Vilam

Maxis Redwood

As someone who has gotten more into hockey over the past three years, I'd say so. I started with NHL 10, and also own 11 and 12. Out of the three, I like 12 the best - feels like the right balance of offense and defense to me; I found 11 very frustrating in that regard and didn't like it. Before that, I hadn't owned a hockey game since Wayne Gretzky's 3d Hockey :lol

Do you all realize that it's entirely possible that the Florida Panthers will have home ice advantage in the Eastern Conference here shortly? They might be the highest seed coming out of the 1st round.

Socreges

Banned
“The most spiritual (faithful) human beings, assuming they are the most courageous, also experience by far the most painful tragedies: but it is precisely for this reason that they honor life, because it brings against them its most formidable weapons.”

I won't become jaded and cynical, no matter how painful.
This doesn't make you an optimist, Tabris. It makes you a retard.

tumblr_lj3k5gci3u1qh59n0o1_500.gif

Ehrhoff and fucking Rypien? You're about as dumb as Carcillo.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just came here to say

Eat it Tabris :

rUT9S.png

I hope you drown in it, you smug son of a bitch, if you spew this destiny bullshit next season you deserve to be banned.

Phthisis

For anyone in LA still awake, apparenly a bunch of fans are meeting the team at the airport tonight. They land in 20 min. Atlantic Aviation private terminal, off Imperial Highway at LAX.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Alright... Congratz Kings-GAF on the win and the advancing, well deserved. We punished ourselves in games 1 and 2, and you outplayed us in games 3 and 5, so well deserved.

ByH85.gif

On a brighter note, Marchand is clearly on Kesler-level:

25621.gif

Simply amazing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I'd get NHL 11. I found it infinitely more entertaining. Something just felt off with 12.

Looks like I glossed over most the destiny posts. Were they that bad?

Last year he ruin the playoff thread with it. It got to be so annoying, thankfully this year the Nucks were down from game 1, and so he really toned it down. I feel bad for Nucks gaf but I am so glad we dont have to read hundreds of posts about how it is destiny that the Nucks win.

gcubed

Last year he ruin the playoff thread with it. It got to be so annoying, thankfully this year the Nucks were down from game 1, and so he really toned it down. I feel bad for Nucks gaf but I am so glad we dont have to read hundreds of posts about how it is destiny that the Nucks win.

But why you so negative about your team?

Solo

While I am loving the upsets and resulting saltiness/trolling, this is going to be the most boring secound round onwards ever. If Chicago doesn't come back, the west is Nashville, LA, St Louis and Phoenix. Yuck. And the east is even worse with Philly and potentially Florida, Ottawa and Washington left. Probably the least interesting 8 teams I could imagine.

While I am loving the upsets and resulting saltiness/trolling, this is going to be the most boring secound round onwards ever. If Chicago doesn't come back, the west is Nashville, LA, St Louis and Phoenix. Yuck. And the east is even worse with Philly and potentially Florida, Ottawa and Washington left. Probably the least interesting 8 teams I could imagine.

Flyers/Pens may very well end up being the best series of the entire playoffs. Boston/Philly could come pretty close. I still have no desire to see it though.

I was definitely worried before the game, Bryz had been shakey and possibly hurt, and the D had looked terrible the last 2 games. It is funny that Bryz only allowed 1 goal on 30 shots, and yet I dont think he really did much. The D did an amazing job of keeping the Pens to the outside and getting their sticks in the passing lanes and blocking shots. If the flyers D can play like that the rest of the way they might have a really shot at getting to the SCF.

Even if you hate hte Flyers how are they uninteresting? Crazy good offense, plus Bryz is so crazy, a bunch of good rookies, I think the Flyers would be one of the most interesting teams for a neutral observer. How many teams can win 8-3 on game and then lose 10-3 the next?

gcubed

I was definitely worried before the game, Bryz had been shakey and possibly hurt, and the D had looked terrible the last 2 games. It is funny that Bryz only allowed 1 goal on 30 shots, and yet I dont think he really did much. The D did an amazing job of keeping the Pens to the outside and getting their sticks in the passing lanes and blocking shots. If the flyers D can play like that the rest of the way they might have a really shot at getting to the SCF.

i was shocked seeing that he made 30 saves, i dont remember that many shots on him. he worked for maybe 2 or 3 saves, i think the other 27 were weak pushes against his stick from the side of the net. That was the way the defense played when they made it to the finals a few years ago. If it was more then a single game fluke I have some more confidence (especially if both Boston and NYR get bounced)

Solo

Even if you hate hte Flyers how are they uninteresting? Crazy good offense, plus Bryz is so crazy, a bunch of good rookies, I think the Flyers would be one of the most interesting teams for a neutral observer. How many teams can win 8-3 on game and then lose 10-3 the next?

It's not the Flyers bringing things down, its the other teams.

If Chicago survives, of the teams remaining, Id most like to see a Hawks/Flyers finals rematch.

i was shocked seeing that he made 30 saves, i dont remember that many shots on him. he worked for maybe 2 or 3 saves, i think the other 27 were weak pushes against his stick from the side of the net. That was the way the defense played when they made it to the finals a few years ago. If it was more then a single game fluke I have some more confidence (especially if both Boston and NYR get bounced)

It's his lateral movement. He's still not very quick. Considering the injury just prior to the playoffs and the injury during this series he's gotta be hurting. Hopefully he can get some rest over the next few days.

All Bryz has to do is not fuck up. As long as he accomplishes that much I won't be worried. The D is playing very "Leighton-esque" though in the sense that they seem to be scared of letting shots on. They blocked 40 yesterday apparently. I dunno whether to consider that a good sign or a sign that things can only go so well before they fall apart. Getting Mez back soon would be huge.

gcubed

It's his lateral movement. He's still not very quick. Considering the injury just prior to the playoffs and the injury during this series he's gotta be hurting. Hopefully he can get some rest over the next few days.

All Bryz has to do is not fuck up. As long as he accomplishes that much I won't be worried. The D is playing very "Leighton-esque" though in the sense that they seem to be scared of letting shots on. They blocked 40 yesterday apparently. I dunno whether to consider that a good sign or a sign that things can only go so well before they fall apart. Getting Mez back soon would be huge.

i'm really glad they had this game before the next series as i think if they had another 8-3 flat out sprint against Pitt and swept them they would have been in a world of hurt for the next series. The last 2 games were kind of a reset and a "hey, we should be playing playoff hockey!".

When does the next series start? Thursday/Friday?

One good thing going forward is I think the Pens were the best team in the playoffs at the side to side passes that were really exposing Bryzs lack of mobility. If the Flyers get a team that is offensively challenged like the Caps, I think Bryz will put up much better numbers.

i'm really glad they had this game before the next series as i think if they had another 8-3 flat out sprint against Pitt and swept them they would have been in a world of hurt for the next series. The last 2 games were kind of a reset and a "hey, we should be playing playoff hockey!".

When does the next series start? Thursday/Friday?

I hope Saturday so it doesnt interfere with the 1st 2 days of the NFL draft.

Top Bottom