• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Question for Solo and the rest of Habs-Gaf that's left here that I was thinking about today:

Do you think Giroux could have developed into the player he is now in Montreal? I know there has been some hindsight saying that it was a screwup to not pick up the French guy that one time, but we've seen how important the physical part is to his game and how he gets fired up over it. Do you think he could have developed that same style in Montreal or is that somewhat unique to the Philly system?

StL, Nashville, LA, Phoenix... changing of the guard in the West?

Preds are one of the best teams in the NHL last year and this year, not sure about tose other teams though. Red Wings will retool in the offseason, Nucks will trade Lou and be even better next year, I still think Hawks advance and even if they dont they will be better next year. I am not sold on the Blues or Kings going forward.

Defense passes to center, back to wing, back to center! Center holds it! Holds it! Holds it!!

So fucking good.

Cake Boss

Banned
ArK1y_8CMAEK179.jpg:med

ITS SNOWING WTF IS THIS SHIT.

Hell froze over with Ottawa being the only canadian team left.

t0mp

DESTINY!!!!!
good form! I was going to post the same thing... too bad I fell asleep :X

I also picked the Kings, but I have to admit it was sort of like a "haha, I'm going to pick this huge upset because I like the Kings and I want to spite canuck gaf!"

Question for Solo and the rest of Habs-Gaf that's left here that I was thinking about today:

Do you think Giroux could have developed into the player he is now in Montreal? I know there has been some hindsight saying that it was a screwup to not pick up the French guy that one time, but we've seen how important the physical part is to his game and how he gets fired up over it. Do you think he could have developed that same style in Montreal or is that somewhat unique to the Philly system?

great question, would love to hear a serious answer. From his interviews it sounds like he developed his "fire" when he was in juniors/younger age. I watched an interview about it, and he said his coach pushed him to be that way.

Flyer-GAF: If/when we get Grossmann back, I say bench Kubina over Gus. Agree/disagree?

also, this rest is huge for everybody. JVR didn't look like he should have been playing, I just think lavy had an option. Rinaldo blows.

Defense passes to center, back to wing, back to center! Center holds it! Holds it! Holds it!!

well done my friend, well done.

Solo

Giroux wasn't a day one superstar. So sadly, Montreal media would probably have ruined him before he reached his potential. I'd love to have him, but Philly Giroux > what Montreal Giroux likely would have been.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

This would also be an accurate representation of the Penguins' power play offense during the playoffs.

Alfie skating on 2nd line today.
Stone and Silfverberg skating with top line.

Say your prayers Rags. YOUR FUCKING DONE SON!

I am so glad he is back. It would have sucked so much if his career had ended on a bullshit hit like that. I think the Sens are going to do it tonight. Just need the first goal so that the Ranger will have to try and play both ways.

Tabris

Well guys. I'm too heart broken right now to discuss or even pay attention to Hockey. So I'll be deleting the subscription to this thread. See you again July 1st.

My final comment - Destiny is what you make of it. We'll make something grand next year.

Well guys. I'm too heart broken right now to discuss or even pay attention to Hockey. So I'll be deleting the subscription to this thread. See you again July 1st.

My final comment - Destiny is what you make of it. We'll make something grand next year.

3rd times the charm right? lol

Remember when I called them overrated and said Sens in 6 then they win Game 1. Then the haters came out saying it was going to be a sweep.

I am going to pull out those quotes tonight.

We've been getting that all year here, "LOL Ottawa", "Buffalo and Washington will make it in etc."

The 4th win is the hardest, just ask LA and Philly. That being said we're getting the captain back and we're 4-1 lifetime in games where we can eliminate our opponent. There's talk on Hfboards that Lundqvist has a flu and was on IV last night as well.

This will be the hardest win, we have to end it tonight and not let the series go to 7.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Your fall is only as big as your expectations. Next time, don't expect it all.

as a Montrealer who is not a Habs fan; I say no

Montreal plays defensive offense and doesnt give their young players enough ice time. With Martin/Cunneyworth system, lol hell no he wouldn't have boomed there

look how rookies are making a big impact for the Flyers. Lavi lets them play and allows them to develop over time and provethemselves. Something that Montreal does not do.

Your fall is only as big as your expectations. Next time, don't expect it all.

Or maybe next time come in and actually talk hockey rather then saying over and over agin that it is destiny and no one else evens stands a chance. There are lots of other people here who support their teams passiontely, and none of them get the shit he gets because they are not annoying about it.

Cake Boss

Banned
We've been getting that all year here, "LOL Ottawa", "Buffalo and Washington will make it in etc."

The 4th win is the hardest, just ask LA and Philly. That being said we're getting the captain back and we're 4-1 lifetime in games where we can eliminate our opponent. There's talk on Hfboards that Lundqvist has a flu and was on IV last night as well.

This will be the hardest win, we have to end it tonight and not let the series go to 7.

HOLY SHIT I JUST GOT THE FLU.

Its a sign.

Solo

as a Montrealer who is not a Habs fan; I say no

Montreal plays defensive offense and doesnt give their young players enough ice time. With Martin/Cunneyworth system, lol hell no he wouldn't have boomed there

look how rookies are making a big impact for the Flyers. Lavi lets them play and allows them to develop over time and provethemselves. Something that Montreal does not do.

Hopefully that will not be true anymore. With Gainey/Gauthier/Martin/Cunneyworth gone, there is a great opportunity for a complete culture change in the franchise.

Marvie_3

Banned
St. Louis Blues "horn" jerseys are the worst by far. So bad in fact, that Mike Keenan refused to have the team wear them on the ice.

Sanjuro

St. Louis Blues "horn" jerseys are the worst by far. So bad in fact, that Mike Keenan refused to have the team wear them on the ice.

Christ. Jesus Fucking.

BeNng.jpg

I hope to god there is a photo with someone wearing one of these monsters. What was that site that featured people wearing embarrassing and/or outdated jerseys?

Top Bottom