• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

~Kinggi~

Banned
The concept of fighting in Hockey will always remain bizarre to me. I understand why it happens but the actual practice of it is hilarious.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
God Ranger offense so awful...Where's the screening? It doesn't ever look like they're aiming half the time. So many wide shots. FUCK!

good fight.

I don't get it. The Rangers just haven't been setting anybody up in front of Anderson, ever, all series long. No screens, no deflections, nobody to clean up the rebounds. Nothing.

Socreges

Banned
Neil is the ultimate on ice troll.

People hate him because they wish he was on their team.
I actually have no opinion on Neil. Maybe because the Canucks rarely play the Sens and have only lost to them once post-lockout. And maybe because we've got our own share of trolls.

ShaneB

The concept of fighting in Hockey will always remain bizarre to me. I understand why it happens but the actual practice of it is hilarious.

It's long standing product of the players policing themselves and the idea of having to stand up for your actions. It's a bit silly in my opinion given that players want to fight even when legal hits are delivered.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Richards is making 12 M this year....jesus...if Gauthier and his circus act were still in Montreal id be scared they'd pick him up in a few years when he's washed up.

cube444

ECDcB.jpg

Alrighty, great first period. Anderson is playing so solid, I'm not even worried, but damn these 1-0 leads.

I have a feeling the Rangers will tie it unless we get another one. We're sitting back a bit too much although we're playing great defensively. Anderson's shutout streak can't last forever.

It's long standing product of the players policing themselves and the idea of having to stand up for your actions. It's a bit silly in my opinion given that players want to fight even when legal hits are delivered.

When the guy getting hit is your 5'10" 180lb leading scorer and the guy delivering the hit is 6'4" 225, it doesn't really matter if it was legal or not... heads are gonna roll.

LJ11

Leafs fans nick name of him was Johnny Malkin, for his propensity of skating around in circles with the puck and either losing it or shooting it wide

Yeah, its stayed with him here.

Unique player, I've never seen anyone fuck up more scoring chances. Guy can be on the doorstep with an empty net and he'll shank it wide. Remarkable.

I don't get it. The Rangers just haven't been setting anybody up in front of Anderson, ever, all series long. No screens, no deflections, nobody to clean up the rebounds. Nothing.

6 periods straight with no goals. Pathetic. I have hope but going to the cup the way they're playing? Doubt it. The last 3 games they have been a shitty repeat.

Socreges

Banned
Don Cherry: "Hard to be humble. I don't even try."

Moment of pure honesty.

[edit] Calling Lubomir Visnovsky "Lubinsky" was the best.

fallout

Cake Boss very nearly has the Tabris effect on the Senators with his hate-filled and salty ways, but I'll still be cheering for them throughout, I think. The ultimate underdog.
His avatar makes it kind of hard for me to not read anything he says as being hate-filled or salty.

Curufinwe

Seeing Alfredsson without a glove reminds me of 2004 when Zhamnov's glove came off and that dirty little shit St Louis tried to smash his bare hand with his stick.

Top Bottom