• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

cube444

I agree that it's a wide open playoffs but in the end a team like the Rangers lacks the game breaking type of offense needed to win it all.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I agree that it's a wide open playoffs but in the end a team like the Rangers lacks the game breaking type of offense needed to win it all.
Because the other 7 teams left are all offensive powerhouses.

Kreider named number one star. Garden loves the fuck out of him. Awesome.

cube444

Because the other 7 teams left are all offensive powerhouses.

Kreider named number one star. Garden loves the fuck out of him. Awesome.

The Capitals did not the carry the play in the Boston series yet they did today against the Rangers. The Flyers will beat either of these two teams if they get by the Devils.

So Holtby sucks all of a sudden? lol

Probably just a little tired, and Rangers on a offensive hot streak. Wouldn't be surprised if he shuts out the Rangers in one of these games.

You don't need to score 5 goals a game to win the Cup. Especially when you have Henrik playing the way he is.

Slurmer

Banned
The Capitals did not the carry the play in the Boston series yet they did today against the Rangers. The Flyers will beat either of these two teams if they get by the Devils.

Stop being so reactionary. Rangers were 6-0 against Philly and the only one that was really close was the winter classic.

Man Kreider, what the fuck, never thought he would contribute in such a way.

I HAVE PMS TO PROVE YOU WANTED HIM TRADED FOR BOBBY RYAN! DONT DENY IT BITCH!!!

sorry im drunk LOL

edit: wtf??

qJU6O.png

Quick

Banned
I hope this offseason the NHL focuses on all the obstruction that is happening again. It really does make the game less exciting.

I don't think you can do much about the trap. It's within the rules, but it sucks.

The NHL could implement an NBA-like rule that prevents players from staying in their own zone for an extended period of time, or restrict it to one player. But then the game just gets really stupid.

That and goalie interference, and stricter rules on diving.

Goalie interference this season has been terrible. Plenty of missed calls, plenty of non-calls. Would the NHL doing a review of every questionable goal regardless of the referee asking to do so be too much?

A coach's challenge seems to be where I'm eventually getting at, but I'd really hate to see coaches fling a flag on the ice. Has this been tested out in any hockey league yet?

Rules for diving are probably fine as is. Officials just have to be more willing to actually call it.

This. It's one of those gut calls you make. Can't really be 100% on them. Kesler could have just as easily tripped on himself and rolled because of the gravity and gust of wind in the stadium, and happened to be near an opposing player.

Top Bottom