• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

SpacLock

I'm sick of the poor officiating deciding the game. Have teams bang against us, no calls on them. Have us bang against them, called on every single hit. Kesler getting a penalty for snow shower? The phantom hand pass which cost us that last chance? Henrik constantly being waived out of the circle for talking with the ref? How can we win with that? So now we have to play much more conservative and then LA gets to have free reign on us like BOS did.

Before you cry salt, just wait until your team plays. Almost every team has something to complain about today. Horrible officiating all around.

I'll speak for everyone: Nobody wants to hear your opinion on anything.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm sick of the poor officiating deciding the game. Have teams bang against us, no calls on them. Have us bang against them, called on every single hit. Kesler getting a penalty for snow shower? The phantom hand pass which cost us that last chance? Henrik constantly being waived out of the circle for talking with the ref? How can we win with that? So now we have to play much more conservative and then LA gets to have free reign on us like BOS did.

Before you cry salt, just wait until your team plays. Almost every team has something to complain about today. Horrible officiating all around.
ibztmn7bRgblqq.gif

WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD I DON'T HAVE CLASS TOMORROW!!

1.) BRIERE!!!!!! Like a boss!!!!!!
2.) Schenn! Like a god!
3.) Voracek!!!!!! Like a motherfucking titan!

4.) Flyers West!!!!!! WOOO!!! I'll be honest I was pretty drunk for that game though.....

HELL YEAH! SUCK IT PENS! I FEEL LIKE TABRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/16..... or something......

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sibylus

Banned
Kings deserved that 100%.

Hopefully Daniel returns soon and gives the team a boost.
Yeah, they fought for it much harder and eventually got results. We took a lot of boneheaded penalties and played like the win was a given at times.

I see Tabris has gotten a headstart off into the deep end.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD I DON'T HAVE CLASS TOMORROW!!

1.) BRIERE!!!!!! Like a boss!!!!!!
2.) Schenn! Like a god!
3.) Voracek!!!!!! Like a motherfucking titan!

4.) Flyers West!!!!!! WOOO!!! I'll be honest I was pretty drunk for that game though.....

HELL YEAH! SUCK IT PENS! I FEEL LIKE TABRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/16..... or something......

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah right, WAS.

RC

Banned

Deep down inside, is where the true heart of fandom resides. It's irrational, loves and hates at a whim, and will challenge anyone or anything that is at odds with its object of affection. That's Tabris.
Unlike the rest of us, he lays his heart out there, pure and unadulterated. He doesn't let reality lead his heart astray. Or let facts distort his perceptions. Nor let impossibilities get in the way of his destiny.

What I'm trying to say is that there's a little Tabris in all of us.

Oh god, I'm taking this lose harder then I thought. Drinking isn't really helping me right now.

Deep down inside, is where the true heart of fandom resides. It's irrational, loves and hates at a whim, and will challenge anyone or anything that is at odds with its object of affection. That's Tabris.
Unlike the rest of us, he lays his heart out there, pure and unadulterated. He doesn't let reality lead his heart astray. Or let facts distort his perceptions. Nor let impossibilities get in the way of his destiny.

Oh god, I'm taking this lose harder then I thought. Drinking isn't really helping me right now.
Are you saying Tabris impregnated all of us?

SpacLock

That's the biggest pile of bullshit I've read on GAF since I've joined. Next time you catch yourself comparing anything to Tabris, just end it. End it all.

SpacLock

The fact that threads titled "j-pop something" and etc. are constantly passing us during the playoffs in a sub community thread makes me fucking sad. Pick it up you fucks. I have to work tomorrow too, but at least I have the decency to help my community before I end the night.

Smiley90

The fact that threads like "j-pop" etc. are constantly passing us during the playoffs in a sub community thread makes me fucking sad. Pick it up you fucks. I have to work tomorrow too, but at least I have the decency to help my community before I end the night.

Alright then. I asked before, but noone answered: How come the NJ-FLA series isn't starting until Friday, what's interfering with their schedule? (you know... just in case anyone cares about that series...)

The fact that threads titled "j-pop something" and etc. are constantly passing us during the playoffs in a sub community thread makes me fucking sad. Pick it up you fucks. I have to work tomorrow too, but at least I have the decency to help my community before I end the night.
Well if Zedge would stop fucking wandering into Furry-GAF, we'd at least have a leg up on them.

SpacLock

Alright then. I asked before, but noone answered: How come the NJ-FLA series isn't starting until Friday, what's interfering with their schedule? (you know... just in case anyone cares about that series...)

Because they're a 1 out of 10 on the excitement scale.
Well if Zedge would stop fucking wandering into Furry-GAF, we'd at least have a leg up on them.
I know. What the fuck...

(don't even know who that is)

Smiley90

Because the fanbase of those two equals the fanbase of the phoenix coyotes.

I know. What the fuck...

That still doesn't explain why it won't start until Friday...

Also, do you really think zedge went there "by accident"? yeah right.

Marvie_3

Banned
No idea. Sometimes it's previously scheduled events at the arena but there's nothing going on at the BankAtlantic Center so who knows.

RC

Banned
We lack a certain razzle dazzle. That's what keeps us in the middle of the page. Shit needs to get real. No more pussy footing around.
Matching avatars!

Smiley90

We lack a certain razzle dazzle. That's what keeps us in the middle of the page. Shit needs to get real. No more pussy footing around.
Matching avatars!

You guys make the calls, I'm down for anything as long as it's not Spectre's old avatar.

negitoro7

Just came back from my first ever playoff game. Too bad everyone except Luongo, Hansen and maybe a few others defecated the sheets. Felt like Canucks were on the PK for half the game. Crowd was pretty upset at most of the calls, especially Kassian's charging penalty.

Smiley90

Just came back from my first ever playoff game. Too bad everyone except Luongo, Hansen and maybe a few others defecated the sheets. Felt like Canucks were on the PK for half the game. Crowd was pretty upset at most of the calls, especially Kassian's charging penalty.

The fans were standing up for Kassian? I like it, he's new and has to fill Hodgson's shoes, that's definitely a good sign.

SpacLock

Fans will be upset at any call against their team. Welcome to the playoffs. Shit, welcome to the regular season.

Ra\/en

I realized tonight that I'm cheering for this Vancouver team because that's the city I grew up in and i've been following the nucks for 20 years.

I'm not a big fan of the current team.

Its only 1 game, but It just feels like more of the same crap we've been dealing with for years. These guys don't seem like cup winners. They WON'T win the cup this year. that's for sure. Diving all over the place. Half-hearted crap. sigh.

I'd be happy to eat my words in a few months.

RC

Banned
What are you asking? Should every Vancouver fan pick a celebrity that's a fan of another team?

No. But it would be hilarous to see Smiley with a Vince Vaghn avatar.
I mean all of us. You, me, that one NJ fan. It'd be great and what I mean by great, is stupid. Man I'm glad I took a cab.

SpacLock

I realized tonight that I'm cheering for this Vancouver team because that's the city I grew up in and i've been following the nucks for 20 years.

I'm not a big fan of the current team.

Its only 1 game, but It just feels like more of the same crap we've been dealing with for years. These guys don't seem like cup winners. They WON'T win the cup this year. that's for sure. Diving all over the place. Half-hearted crap. sigh.

I'd be happy to eat my words in a few months.

Yes, diving doesn't win you the cup. You're right. But this will be a damn good diving team in the summer Olympics, and fuck you if you disagree. It's time to win some medals.

No. But it would be hilarous to see Smiley with a Vince Vaghn avatar.
I mean all of us. You, me, that one NJ fan. It'd be great and what I mean by great, is stupid. Man I'm glad I took a cab.

You have me confused with someone else, buddy. I like you, but I don't like you like that. I'm also glad that you took a cab. May every Hockey-Gaf individual make it home safely tonight.

Well, except for Sef. I hope his mom forgets to pick him up from the bowling alley.

Smiley90

Yes, diving doesn't win you the cup. You're right. But this will be a damn good diving team in the summer Olympics, and fuck you if you disagree. It's time to win some medals.

You have me confused with someone else.

Does Canada win anything at the Summer Olympics? Series question, I've only been here for 3 years, haven't followed Canada during a Summer Olympics yet.

EDIT: CC, I'm sober and alone at home too.

SpacLock

Does Canada win anything at the Summer Olympics? Series question, I've only been here for 3 years, haven't followed Canada during a Summer Olympics yet.

EDIT: CC, I'm sober and alone at home too.

Well...

TMSA4.png

12th definitely isn't bad. When the other Sedin is healthy, you guys should take 1st place in no time at all.

Disclaimer: I don't believe the Sedins are actually Canadian.

You're missing out my friend. It's a beautiful strange journey. Beautiful in the evening, strange about half way through, and awkward in the morning.
Last time I got piss drunk. I ended up up leaving the bar with my roommate's girlfriend, take a cab home, and vomit on my bedroom floor.

AND I DON'T REMEMBER ANY OF THE CAB PART.

Smiley90

Well...

TMSA4.png

12th definitely isn't bad. When the other Sedin is healthy, you guys should take 1st place in diving in no time at all.

No I meant... generally... any olympic summer sport. Did Canada win anything last year? -checks-

EDIT: 3 gold medals in 2008:

Woman's wrestling (Sedin joke incoming?)
Men's 8 Rowing
Individual Jumping, Equestrian (horses)

Well...

12th definitely isn't bad. When the other Sedin is healthy, you guys should take 1st place in diving in no time at all.

Disclaimer: I don't believe the Sedins are actually Canadian.

Hey i'm glad that they aren't Hawks but If they would compete in the Olympic diving team, It would have to be the Swedish one!

EDIT: Didn't even read your full post, FAIL

Ra\/en

sounds like a plan. Henrik has a soft and dainty dive technique. Burrows is far less subtle.

Honestly though. Even if the Canucks go on to beat LA, they will just find a way to self implode down the line. First round 2nd, 3rd or SCF. It's going to happen.

I admit that I quickly edited. I figured someone would take me as a retard, so I made sure I was protected. I edit all of my posts. Shit, I even edited this one.
Ofcourse I understood that you new that they were Swedish, but I just wanted to claim them anyway. But when it already stood that they were swedish it wasn't really necessary

Top Bottom