• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

RC

Banned
Oh god I was with you til the red bull and beer mixing. I'm sorry - it's not me or you, it's that.

I thought that's what Aussie's did. Granted I'm basing an entire nation based on two bogans from Newcastle. But it was ridicoulous, redbull mixed with beer, redbull mixed with wine, redbull mixed with rum. It's like redbull was something new and exotic and the only way to truely appreciate it was by mixing it with things it was never intended to be mixed with. Which is everything.

I thought that's what Aussie's did. Granted I'm basing an entire nation based on two bogans from Newcastle. But it was ridicoulous, redbull mixed with beer, redbull mixed with wine, redbull mixed with rum. It's like redbull was something new and exotic and the only way to truely appreciate it was by mixing it with things it was never intended to be mixed with. Which is everything.

Hey, you North Americans are the ones who put Redbull in your Jägerbombs, WTF?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The fact that threads titled "j-pop something" and etc. are constantly passing us during the playoffs in a sub community thread makes me fucking sad. Pick it up you fucks. I have to work tomorrow too, but at least I have the decency to help my community before I end the night.
With this constant Canucks circle jerk going on, it doesn't make for very interesting conversation.

I don't know if it's been posted or not, but Bobby Mack said he doesn't expect for Weber to get any suspension, not really surprising but disappointing, obviously a gutless move from him.

What the fuck.

Hey, you North Americans are the ones who put Redbull in your Jägerbombs, WTF?
Hey, Jagerbombs are pretty damn tasty.

Now hand grenades... that's just messed up.

No matter how much I look at that Shea Weber turnbuckle, it doesn't look like any less than a 1 game suspension. Anyone got a HD reference to the Bitz hit?

There's your problem. You came across white trash. And no, it's definitely not an Aussie thing.

RC

Banned
No matter how much I look at that Shea Weber turnbuckle, it doesn't look like any less than a 1 game suspension. Anyone got a HD reference to the Bitz hit?

There's your problem. You came across white trash. And no, it's definitely not an Aussie thing.

Well thank you for clearing that up. I shall now base Australia on your multicoloured plastic money and a curious lack of a penny. Wait a minute...

What the hell? Who makes jagrbombs with beer and jagr? I thought it was always redbull.

The redbull makes the awful go away. This is a case of terrible + terrible = tasty terribleness

Atleast I think that all of Europe do it, colour me suprised the first time I got one here.

The "Irish" in the name refers to the drink's Irish ingredients; typically Guiness stout, Baileys Irish Cream, and Jameson Irish Whiskey. The "Car Bomb" refers to the fact that the drink is a "bomb shot" and also to the many car bombings that took place during the Troubles in Ireland. For this reason, the name is sometimes deemed offensive and some bartenders refuse to serve it. The drink is popular in the United States, but virtually unknown in Ireland, and ordering it there is likely to cause confusion or offense

Laughing out loud irl.

Well thank you for clearing that up. I shall now base Australia on your multicoloured plastic money and a curious lack of a penny. Wait a minute...

Aren't you guys getting rid of your pennies soon or something? Now you just need to completely eliminate the Habs logo off a few of the loonies and you'll be set!

... but seriously, I love the fact that there's a Habs version of a loonie. I have one as memorabilia.

Speaking about bogans in Newcastle, I just googled Jägerbomb:

"Manly Council and Newcastle Council have banned Jägerbombs from pubs and nightclubs on the basis that they encourage binge drinking and irresponsible behavior.[8]"

Socreges

Banned
Best part of the night was a conversation about what thing Henrik Sedin looks most like and the consensus agreement that he looks most like a hamster.

RC

Banned
Best part of the night was a conversation about what thing Henrik Sedin looks most like and the consensus agreement that he looks most like a hamster.

Why haven't I realized this before?

Team1040 is great right now. I feel like I should call in and say something along the lines of AV couldn't out coach an electrified coaching machine on the coachest day of the year.

Socreges

Banned
No idea, man. They look so much alike.

iBCBI9BwOGTyZ.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned

Team1040 is great right now. I feel like I should call in and say something along the lines of AV couldn't out coach an electrified coaching machine on the coachest day of the year.

Oh shit. Please do this. Change "coachest" to "coachingest" first.

Are we 14?

Jager is for kids. CHILDRENS BOOZE.

Just goes to show you how stupid kids are.

RC

Banned
Oh shit. Please do this. Change "coachest" to "coachingest" first.

You're right. You of all people would catch that.

There's no way I'm getting on the air tonight. I'll save it for another lose. But by then I might not have the correct mix of alcohol and bravado. With trace amounts of loving my son and daughter. Yes, a little LSD is all I need.

Note: I don't actually have children.

"Manly Council and Newcastle Council have banned Jägerbombs from pubs and nightclubs on the basis that they encourage binge drinking and irresponsible behavior.[8]"
As opposed to regular alcohol that encourages responsibility and upstanding citizenry?

I'd say the Sedins look more like the Fox from Fox and The Hound. But that Hamster has changed my mind to 'blown'.

:lol

Yep, that sounds about right.

As opposed to regular alcohol that encourages responsibility and upstanding citizenry?

Oh don't act like you've never had Brandy with the gentlemen in the smoking lounge before.

Marvie_3

Banned
You're right. You of all people would catch that.

There's no way I'm getting on the air tonight. I'll save it for another lose. But by then I might not have the correct mix of alcohol and bravado. With trace amounts of loving my son and daughter. Yes, a little LSD is all I need.

Note: I don't actually have children.

I demand a link to listen online when this goes down and also a shout out to me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trotz defended Weber, saying it was Zetterberg's fault.

Also, Helm had surgery and is pretty much done for the year according to the beat writers.

Socreges

Banned
He was careful not to speak to fault. He just wanted to give cause to what Weber did (even if he feels it's inexcusable).

In terms of suspension, the two things Shea Weber has going for him is that he's Shea Weber and Zetterberg wasn't injured. I don't think he'll get more than a couple games. If the NHL focused more on intent, Weber would get 5 games minimum.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pierre Mcguire thinks Weber wont be suspended by the league.

So do I, which is ridiculous. That move can only be done with a clear intent to injure. Slamming somebody's head into the boards like a WWE move isn't "part of the game."

Jagr is my favorite kind of alcohol. I drink it straight and with energy drinks.

Last nights game was amazing. It was great to see the Pens lose after all the garbage they were doing. Every time someone touched Crosby he would throw his hands up like he had been shot. I would love to know what his teammates really think about him pulling crap like that.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Imagine a Toronto-Vancouver series. Too bad it won't happen in the next few years :(

This thread would look like the final game from Slap Shot.

Toronto-Vancouver would destroy us all but that would be after we rebuilt from a Toronto-Montreal series.

I feel fairly confident the day the Habs and Leafs play in the playoffs we may need a second thread just dedicated to that series. The saltiness and hate between the fanbases would knock out any other series going on.

I hate Nashville, can't wait until they are relocated, can't even cheer correctly to make it seem like a playoff game. What good are they for if they can't even do that?!?!

Yes I'm still angry.

Also, Helm had surgery and is pretty much done for the year according to the beat writers.

Woooooo!!! Time to double shift Emmerton and Homer to make up for the loss!!!

I can see this series being the death of me.

all 3 teams that lost last night will win their series.

but the helm loss is huge. the bottom 6 is garbage without him. might want to consider moving filppula back to 3C...it's that bad.

and :lol @ sef.

Kosmo

Banned
Listening to Detroit radio this morning and one of the local guys is making the case that Weber won't be suspended because Zetterberg was not hurt (despite his helmet being broken). Two things to consider:

1) If that was Crosby and not Z, no question Weber is gone (and probably for more than a game)
2) Shanahan won 3 cups with the Wings
3) It sets a dangerous precedent if you tell players "this kind of behavior at the end of games is OK"

but the helm loss is huge

With how short gloves are now, I can's believe that Reebok or whoever isn't building Kevlar into the forearms of the shirts players wear under their jersey.

Top Bottom