• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah right......

Pretty sure the Canucks got/get more hate than the Pens in here, no? My impression might be biased, so honest question. That's all I was saying, if he can't handle the Pens-hate, he couldn't handle the Nucks-hate.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Apparently the Predators were also joking around and mocking the Weber hit on Zetterberg in practice today as well. Classy team.

MutFox

Banned
Also, apparently the Kings apologized for their tweet... No idea why, it was hilarious:

They're supposed to use that trash talk after winning a series, not just game 1...
The way they tweeted sounded like they'd be hanging banners for the accomplishment.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah don't use pictures trying to make a point, it won't work if you don't show all that happened. Kesler DID a lot of diving that game, but not all he does is diving.

Also, apparently the Kings apologized for their tweet... No idea why, it was hilarious:
Like?

Alucard

Banned
Weber's punishment is a joke.
Campbell's apology is stupid and unnecessary.
Pens need to look in the mirror and remember how they are capable of playing.

This is new. Aren't you all about suspending the intent? What if Zetterberg had been injured and out with a concussion? You'd be OK with a large fine and Weber still playing each game while Zetterberg recovers?

Yes, when you're suspending it really SHOULD be based on intent, but I'm pretty sure I've said I really dislike suspensions to begin with. That's part of the reason my threshold is so high for suspensions.

In this case I would be fine with a 1 game to be honest. Weber was pretty clearly trying to injure Zetts, but it was also in the context of a corner scrum so I'm hesitant. The first action does seem like an attempt to use his hand to pin Zetterberg.

However, in this case I think the bigger joke is actually the size of the fine, not that it IS a fine.

Fixed1979

The worst team should get the #1 pick in the NHL. The lottery sucks.

It does prevent/slow thoughts of teams throwing games to get the first pick because it's not guaranteed. System is fine. Besides it's not like any of the teams that finished in a position to have a chance at the first pick are much better than any other team down there.

Smiley90

Yeah I don't get the NHL apology when the blown icing call led to the exact same thing.

Indeed, that is one. You said a lot. Wondering what I missed.

I remember at least 3 instances vaguely where he tried to sell a call. Not full-on dives like the big one, but at least trying to sell calls pretty obviously. Can't point you to any though, don't remember that well and there's no videos of anything :/

Also, Doughty was pretty good too:

doughtydive.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, the butt-end. He most likely WAS touched by it and it wasn't as blatant, but he definitely tried to sell that one too. Not his best side. :/ We need Nashville-Kesler back.

Acid08

Banned
I remember at least 3 instances vaguely where he tried to sell a call. Not full-on dives like the big one, but at least trying to sell calls pretty obviously. Can't point you to any though, don't remember that well and there's no videos of anything :/

Also, Doughty was pretty good too:

doughtydive.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, the butt-end. He most likely WAS touched by it and it wasn't as blatant, but he definitely tried to sell that one too. Not his best side. :/ We need Nashville-Kesler back.

Doughty is pretty funny when he's not getting punched in the face by Jumbo.

Curufinwe

It does prevent/slow thoughts of teams throwing games to get the first pick because it's not guaranteed. System is fine. Besides it's not like any of the teams that finished in a position to have a chance at the first pick are much better than any other team down there.

Fair points, but I will always be bitter about the 2007 draft. ALWAYS.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
With that said, there is a little too much Pens hate and whining about them for me to continue on in NHL-GAF. Best of luck to all of your teams in the playoffs. May the Pens kick all of their arses soundly. \m/

Way to be insular you guys geez!

But seriously, bailing from this? WEAK!

I don't know how he'd manage if Manics was in here talking about "Cindy".

Smiley90

lol doughboy

I want Daniel back. It should've been Henrik!

I remember that one powerplay shift where Henrik was circling with the puck for like 20 seconds with noone to pass to, he looked so lonely out there :(

Fixed1979

Fair points, but I will always be bitter about the 2007 draft. ALWAYS.

lol for sure. I can see it being a total piss off when it bites you in the ass as bad as that one, but for every other team that doesn't get screwed it's actually pretty exciting to see if someone steals it. Living in Alberta there was lots of excitement over the Oilers becoming a draft dynasty. :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The lottery is fine. All they need to do is add a stipulation that the previous year's winner cannot pick higher than say 5th the next year.
True, or at least some kind of stipulation to prevent Edmonton to keep racking up while being complete shit.

Downgoesbrown has some of the best hockey tweets out there:

"Right now Bob Cole is making himself a note that says: "Old guy='Alfredsson'; Teenaged girl='Karlsson'; Everyone else='the Ottawa player'".

:lol

Alucard

Banned
You just assume that Briere would never be caught offsides in his life ppg+ in playoffs etc

But seriously, that was a rageful non-call. Glad I'm not a pens fan, salt/blood pressure may have killed me yesterday.

Meh. I'm not blaming it for the loss, but it was definitely a momentum shifter. The Pens had 3 PPs that they did nothing with, and Staal hit the post in the third while the Pens were still up 3-1. If the Pens capitalize on any of those 3 PPs, or Staal doesn't hit that post, I'm celebrating a Pens win today and not a loss. Pens have no one to blame but themselves. Credit to the Flyers for staying in it, but the Pens definitely helped them out by not showing up for the second half.

You just assume that Briere would never be caught offsides in his life ppg+ in playoffs etc

But seriously, that was a rageful non-call. Glad I'm not a pens fan, salt/blood pressure may have killed me yesterday.

Kinda like how I was screaming "icing!" while the third one went in? Yeah I get it.

Socreges

Banned
I think most Pens fans here came to peace with the call since the teams were then squared up for goals that shouldn't have happened.

It possibly grazed him. He didn't get shoryukened
With a stick to the chin, not everyone's reaction is to envelope it with their mouth.

LOL WINK WINK ;) :D LOL lol

With that said, there is a little too much Pens hate and whining about them for me to continue on in NHL-GAF. Best of luck to all of your teams in the playoffs. May the Pens kick all of their arses soundly. \m/

I see this was your reaction:

FUCK_449486_3018675.gif

It's NHLGAF, we make fun of everything. That's what makes us a tightly bonded community... that last part can be taken in many different ways.

Apparently the Predators were also joking around and mocking the Weber hit on Zetterberg in practice today as well. Classy team.

preds.gif
preds.gif
preds.gif
preds.gif
preds.gif

Meh. I'm not blaming it for the loss, but it was definitely a momentum shifter. The Pens had 3 PPs that they did nothing with, and Staal hit the post in the third while the Pens were still up 3-1. If the Pens capitalize on any of those 3 PPs, or Staal doesn't hit that post, I'm celebrating a Pens win today and not a loss. Pens have no one to blame but themselves. Credit to the Flyers for staying in it, but the Pens definitely helped them out by not showing up for the second half.

Yeah the thing is although it did contribute to the loss just the way that the pens vanished from the game was more than enough to screw you guys over. Felt like I was watching the Avs play tbh, consistency problems at the highest goddamn level. Wouldn't be surprised to see Malkin take over next game though.

Kinda like how I was screaming "icing!" while the third one went in? Yeah I get it.

I'm not saying Flyers fans didn't notice/disagree with the non-call as well. Just holy shit man, what a terrible situation to be in if you're a pens fan. Would've been more insane if it were the deciding goal in a tight game, but since the pens basically let the flyers all the way back in it's at least more of a livable situation.

Smiley90

The new NHL currency is headsmashes from now on. The new CBA will be built around it, you can only have 100 headsmashes per team before you exceed that limit and go over the cap.

So the more money you earn, the more headsmashes you get? IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah the thing is although it did contribute to the loss just the way that the pens vanished from the game was more than enough to screw you guys over. Felt like I was watching the Avs play tbh, consistency problems at the highest goddamn level. Wouldn't be surprised to see Malkin take over next game though.

I'm not saying Flyers fans didn't notice/disagree with the non-call as well. Just holy shit man, what a terrible situation to be in if you're a pens fan. Would've been more insane if it were the deciding goal in a tight game, but since the pens basically let the flyers all the way back in it's at least more of a livable situation.

What is disconcerting about the Pens' loss is that they were AWESOME all season when leading after 2. Their record was something ridiculous...akin to 32-0-2 or something like that. It made last night's loss something to be legitimately worried about. But hey, if the Pens win tomorrow, it's a brand new ball game, and I'll be spewing praise on every Crosby pass and ball scratch.

Top Bottom