• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Curufinwe

I've said in here a bunch of times that I think suspensions aren't particularly useful enforcement tools. There's no evidence they discourage players from taking certain actions and they take the players everyone wants to see off the ice.

Matt Cooke cleaned up his act directly after getting that 10 game + first round suspension in 2011.

Most of the players everyone wants to see never do anything that would get them suspended. Not suspending players like Keith and Weber long enough for their thuggish acts of violence is what keeps the players everyone wants to see off the ice.

Acid08

Banned
Joe Thorton has the green light to blindside Perron again. I imagine the STL vs. SJ will have twice the number of penalties as the Det/Nash game.

It's probably on youtube. It was pretty brutal. The intial hit wasn't enough Weber had to make him taste the glass.
Blindside? Perron had his head down and Joe went for the hit. Not a great hit but if that bullshit got a suspension then this should have been one too.

Marvie_3

Banned
Toews playing tonight.

iIaHOhgxSu6eE.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
So the league has issued an apology and Cambpell calls out the refs for the missed offside goal. He's angry he says.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392947

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Where was this for the other 1000 missed blatant calls before? And even better how about the missed icing in the same fucking game.

This is such a fucked up league, I wish more of the media start calling the retarded managment in this league.

Montresor

So the league has issued an apology and Cambpell calls out the refs for the missed offside goal. He's angry he says.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Where was this for the other 1000 missed blatant calls before? And even better how about the missed icing in the same fucking game.

This is such a fucked up league, I wish more of the media start calling the retarded managment in this league.

He's publically calling out the linesman, Tony Sericolo, who screwed up the offside call. If it was the same linesman who screwed up the icing, then I'm okay with Campbell not publically complaining about it. That's just piling it on.

Curufinwe

Disgraceful. Where was Campbell two weeks ago when Crosby slashed the stick out of Giroux's hands right after a faceoff and no penalty was called by the ref standing two feet away? Probably jacking off on his Pittsburgh Penguins 2012 calendar.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

The league administration can fuck off. What a joke. We all know where the real hq of the NHL is.

Fixed1979

Campbell should have kept his mouth shut, he didn't help anyone by making a statement. Though it appears to just be some comments from an interview and there's no actual apology.

Marvie_3

Banned

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

What a load of bullshit. :lol

The bunker area is a pretty cool idea as well, though it makes it seem like a zoo with people taking photos behind the glass of the players walking down the hall. :lol
Other NHL arenas already have stuff like this.

bardia

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Wonder how much the league will fine Campbell for calling out the refs

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wonder how much the league will fine Campbell for calling out the refs

This is truly ridiculous, out of the hundreds of missed calls he just had to pick that one? Why? I wonder if we'll hear that about any other call too.

Also, 2500 for Weber, what is this, a joke? Now wait for Bitz to get 3 games. (what's the equivalent of that, like 50 Headsmashes? We should just start measuring things in Weber-smashes.)

ShaneB

Really? Apologizing for the refs now? What about the other blown calls over the years? Shit happens. What is Campbell thinking...

Quick

Banned
Mockup video of the new Quebec arena. The VIP seats next to the benches would be fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziVxOlYBy7A

Some cool ideas there. I really like the window/bar area at the top of the arena.

The bunker area is a pretty cool idea as well, though it makes it seem like a zoo with people taking photos behind the glass of the players walking down the hall. :lol

Yeah, it looks really awkward having a window to see the players make their way to and from the benches.

The Leafs already have that VIP area beside the bench. Players can walk behind them to get to and from the locker room.

MutFox

Banned
Also, 2500 for Weber, what is this, a joke? Now wait for Bitz to get 3 games. (what's the equivalent of that, like 50 Headsmashes? We should just start measuring things in Weber-smashes.)

Bitz isn't Weber,
They'll make an example of Bitz.

Pretty much will be...

"If you're not a superstar, expect this many games.
If you are a superstar, go to town, it'll cost you $2500."

LOL @ the apology. Any knowledgeable Pens fan knows that if the Pens don't turn the puck over there then the off side call does not matter. It's not like Briere was the first, or last, Flyer to skate untouched at Fleury all night. As far as most fans are concerned, it's a non-issue really.

With that said, there is a little too much Pens hate and whining about them for me to continue on in NHL-GAF. Best of luck to all of your teams in the playoffs. May the Pens kick all of their arses soundly. \m/

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
LOL @ the apology. Any knowledgeable Pens fan knows that if the Pens don't turn the puck over there then the off side call does not matter. It's not like Briere was the first, or last, Flyer to skate untouched at Fleury all night. As far as most fans are concerned, it's a non-issue really.

With that said, there is a little too much Pens hate and whining about them for me to continue on in NHL-GAF. Best of luck to all of your teams in the playoffs. May the Pens kick all of their arses soundly. \m/

Great..now the thread is probably going to get locked..

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Going to the Garden tonight for the Rangers game. So much hype.

I've actually only seen the Rangers at home in MSG one time before, the final game of the regular season in 1994, so I'm particularly psyched.

Cake Boss

Banned
Poor Jacket fans, a tough 48 hours for them.

They lose the lottery then they watch both Carter and Voracek contribute to their teams wins last night.

Smiley90

Poor Jacket fans, a tough 48 hours for them.

They lose the lottery then they watch both Carter and Voracek contribute to their teams wins last night.

To be fair, Carter was playing against Pahlsson, so they would've lost in the LA-VAN game either way.

Cake Boss

Banned
Pahlsson and Rob Neidermeyer were the reason Anaheim won the cup in 07. That line was a nightmare and completly shutdown the HeatlySpezzaAlfie line.

Wow..... talk about thin skin.... "NOT EVERYONE LIKES MY TEAM!?!?!?!"

Fei

Pretty sure the Shanahan explanation video will be him at a computer just going to CapGeek. "If you look up Shea Weber, this is what we call superstar money. He puts fans in the stand, money in owners' pockets, and generates casual fan interest. Byron Bitz, on the other hand.."

Smiley90

Wow..... talk about thin skin.... "NOT EVERYONE LIKES MY TEAM!?!?!?!"

Imagine he was a Canucks fan, he'd be gone a loooooong long time ago.

Also, next game will definitely be a benchmark for the Canucks - either they come out flying and disciplined and take the game, or they keep doing what they did in Game 1 and lose. It'll be interesting... I'm a bit scared, I have to admit.

Socreges

Banned
Fine should be bigger. Much bigger. But I've always said I hate suspensions because they take the best players in the world off the ice. In the playoffs that's magnified by a million, so in that sense I'm ok with no suspension.
This is new. Aren't you all about suspending the intent? What if Zetterberg had been injured and out with a concussion? You'd be OK with a large fine and Weber still playing each game while Zetterberg recovers?

....Cy Tolliver?

Smiley90

He should've gotten an unsportsmanlike. Henrik, too, for his embellishment. So good all season and then they face a bit of adversity and pull out their worst.

Butt end of Quick's stick came up.

Yeah don't use pictures trying to make a point, it won't work if you don't show all that happened. Kesler DID a lot of diving that game, but not all he does is diving.

Also, apparently the Kings apologized for their tweet... No idea why, it was hilarious:

“We encourage our digital team to be creative, interactive and to apply a sense of humour whenever possible. To anyone who found it offensive, we sincerely apologize,” said Kings VP of communications and broadcasting Michael Altieri.

Marvie_3

Banned
Imagine he was a Canucks fan, he'd be gone a loooooong long time ago.

Also, next game will definitely be a benchmark for the Canucks - either they come out flying and disciplined and take the game, or they keep doing what they did in Game 1 and lose. It'll be interesting... I'm a bit scared, I have to admit.

Yeah right......

Top Bottom