• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Fixed1979

Bitz got suspended two games.

EDIT: For his hit on Clifford.

Not that I'm going to argue the suspension, but if you can attempt to repeatedly ram someones head into the glass which does not resemble or come from any "hockey play" and get a $2,500 fine, then I have to question how someone else can make a shoulder/body check that although it is deemed "illegal" by the rules derives from a "hockey play" and end up getting a 2 game suspension, something is clearly wrong with the way the NHL handles player discipline.

rellix

Some guy on nhl network just stated his "cold hard fact" as: Caps have no chance of winning.

Shoot, we should just cancel the series. He probably said the same about Philly and LA.

Can headsmashes be traded for players? Draft picks?

Of course, instead of cash it is headsmashes, so Edmonton's first is probably worth as much as a player with 15 headsmashes, so they might be able to get Weber with that.

We'll have to make then non-transferable, we can't have teams like Pittsburgh saving them up, it would just turn a respectable league to mayhem.

The problem with the Pens is that they will have to shed some players because Cooke takes up a good portion of this new smash salary.

OK, I'm done with headsmashes now.

Alucard

Banned
Pens were practicing new PP looks in practice this morning. At least they know what they need to work on. Expect to see Sullivan on the point with Letang, and Malkin, Kunitz, and Crosby down low as usual tomorrow.

Alucard

Banned
Of course, instead of cash it is headsmashes, so Edmonton's first is probably worth as much as a player with 15 headsmashes, so they might be able to get Weber with that.

The problem with the Pens is that they will have to shed some players because Cooke takes up a good portion of this new smash salary.

OK, I'm done with headsmashes now.

Why are people putting the Pens into this discussion at all? It's uncalled for, man.

Acid08

Banned
Some guy on nhl network just stated his "cold hard fact" as: Caps have no chance of winning.

Shoot, we should just cancel the series. He probably said the same about Philly and LA.

Same dude said SJ has no chance I'm pretty sure.

The entire media besides LeBrun thinks the Sharks are already out of the playoffs. Including, of course, homer dickhead Barry Melrose.

Due to the nature of having one Todd Bertuzzi under contract, under the new 'headsmash' currency system the league finds the Red Wings are at a negative cap. They must place all players into the free agency pool so long as Bertuzzi remains on the active roster.

Socreges

Banned
Fixed1979 said:
Not that I'm going to argue the suspension, but if you can attempt to repeatedly ram someones head into the glass which does not resemble or come from any "hockey play" and get a $2,500 fine, then I have to question how someone else can make a shoulder/body check that although it is deemed "illegal" by the rules derives from a "hockey play" and end up getting a 2 game suspension then something is seriously wrong with the way the NHL does things.
I don't get it. I really don't. Would love to hear Shanahan explain the difference.

Why are people putting the Pens into this discussion at all? It's uncalled for, man.

Couldn't help it.

Due to the nature of having one Todd Bertuzzi under contract, under the new 'headsmash' currency system the league finds the Red Wings are at a negative cap. They must place all players into the free agency pool so long as Bertuzzi remains on the active roster.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...... You win this round. Well we might as well get what we pay him for then, watch out Nashville, Bertuzzi is coming for you next game, yeah!

Marvie_3

Banned
538633_382269235146952_110368305670381_1148164_1033240409_n.jpg

Same dude said SJ has no chance I'm pretty sure.

The entire media besides LeBrun thinks the Sharks are already out of the playoffs. Including, of course, homer dickhead Barry Melrose.

Well we tried being the favorite and being one of the best teams in the league in the standings; maybe we'll have better luck where nobody expects us and we barely made it in. =)

ShaneB

:( Left work early today because of a massive headache, and now just woke up from falling asleep on the sofa. I don't feel so good :( Come on hockey to make feel better! Let's go Sens!!!!

Good to see the news about Sutter leaving the Flames, hopefully this is the start of more major shakeups since that organization is a complete disaster and needs to blow it all up.

Socreges

Banned
Joel Ward (TSN) was just saying that the non-suspension for Weber was "the right call" and claims that if it was someone other than Zetterberg it would probably be ignored. When Duthie asked him what if it was Bitz and not Weber, Ward admitted that he'd probably get two games. ????

Why is this guy on TV?

[edit] Jagr is awesome...

Marvie_3

Banned
Joel Ward (TSN) was just saying that the non-suspension for Weber was "the right call" and claims that if it was someone other than Zetterberg it would probably be ignored. When Duthie asked him what if it was Bitz and not Weber, Ward admitted that he'd probably get two games. ????

Why is this guy on TV?

He's not smart enough to get a job anywhere else?

:lol at the last few pages. This headsmashes-as-currency thing could have some legs. It deserves to last for the rest of the playoffs.

All the suspension talk is silly, really. It was a total dick move, but his head didn't hit the glass with enough force to actually hurt him, especially with a helmet on. Weber's actually lucky that he threw a punch first, since Z was able to sense the next impending dick move, and thus act against it and lessen the impact.

If you make a scale of dick moves, with Sedin/Burrows/Kesler's embarrassing diving last night (no punishment, at least until they die and go straight to hell to spend an eternity in a penalty box full of spiders) as a 1 and the Domi elbow on Niedermayer a decade ago (suspended for the rest of the playoffs) as 10, we're talking about a 3 or 4.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Why is this guy on TV?

I love it when people accidentally tell the truth about a stupid system. Reminds me of the Romney advisor describing the primaries as an "Etch-A-Sketch", where campaign statements from before the primaries are completely different and independent from the national elections.

:lol at the last few pages. This headsmashes-as-currency thing could have some legs. It deserves to last for the rest of the playoffs.

All the suspension talk is silly, really. It was a total dick move, but his head didn't hit the glass with enough force to actually hurt him, especially with a helmet on. Weber's actually lucky that he threw a punch first, since Z was able to sense the next impending dick move, and thus act against it and lessen the impact.

If you make a scale of dick moves, with Sedin/Burrows/Kesler's embarrassing diving last night (no punishment, at least until they die and go straight to hell to spend an eternity in a penalty box full of spiders) as a 1 and the Domi elbow on Niedermayer a decade ago (suspended for the rest of the playoffs) as 10, we're talking about a 3 or 4.

We lost the game, so there's at least that :p Not like any of the diving calls resulted in penalties against LA, so we didn't profit at all from those.

Cake Boss

Banned

Why is this guy on TV?

joel-ward-29-nhl.jpg

Top Bottom