• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

thabiz

I see what you did there.

Also Cleary said even if his knee is at 50%, he will play in game 1 still. Seriously? Why would they have him play when his knee would only be at 50%? He would be more of a problem than helpful.

Because Stevie Y showed them all what heart is about.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
VAN VS LAK - Canucks in 5
STL VS SJS - Blues in 6
PHX VS CHI - Yotes in 7
NSH VS DET - Preds in 7

NYR VS OTT - Sens in 6 - Homer pick
BOS VS WASH - Bruins in 5
FLA VS NJD - Devils in 6
PIT VS PHI - Penguins in 7

Ottawa beating Rangers? lol

Finals will be Vancouver VS Pittsburg or Pittsburg VS St Louis.

Queens better play the best hockey in their entire existence this round. I know there's a couple of Los Angeles fans in here so have faith. Believe!

Here are my predictions:

Vancouver vs. Los Angeles - Los Angeles in 6! Fuck you Vancouver, fuck you Sedin, Kesler and Luongo.
St. Louis vs. San Jose - St.Louis in 6.
Phoenix vs. Chicago - Chicago in 7.
Nashville vs. Detroit - Detroit in 7. Sorry sef. :(

-------------------------

New York vs. Ottawa - New York in 5.
Boston vs. Washington - Boston in 6.
Florida vs. New Jersey - Florida in 6.
Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia - Philadelphia in 7

---------------------------

Come on Los Angeles, I'm counting on you! :)

MutFox

Banned
Queens better play the best hockey in their entire existence this round. I know there's a couple of Los Angeles fans in here so have faith. Believe!

Here are my predictions:

VAN VS LAK- Los Angeles in 6! Fuck you Vancouver, fuck you Sedin, Kesler and Luongo.
St. Louis vs. San Jose - St.Louis in 6.
Phoenix vs. Chicago - Chicago in 7.
Nashville vs. Detroit - Detroit in 7. Sorry sef. :(

-------------------------

New York vs. Ottawa - New York in 5.
Boston vs. Washington - Boston in 6.
Florida vs. New Jersey - Florida in 6.
Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia - Philadelphia in 7

---------------------------

Come on Los Angeles, I'm counting on you! :)

You hate Vancouver as much as the Toronto Media tells you to.
Speaks Volumes. :p

Blue get Sharks first round..... We never have beaten the Sharks in the first round. 99-00 Presidents Trophy Blues were swept by 8th seed Sharks.

If the Sharks win they'll do it in 4. If the Blues win it'll be in 6. My prediction.

dem

The fowards this year are full of question marks.

Dumba isn't falling out of the top 10.

No. I reek of jealousy if you want to say it. I really hate when another canadian team makes it to the playoffs other than my Toronto.

But that's not the main reason, your team is full of the biggest fucking arrogant / cocky fucks in all of nhl. I'm glad you guys choked last year. Hope to see the repeat again this playoffs, lets do this.

Did I mention the fans? No. I didn't. Well, they are even worse. Looks like I'm already noticing the usual Vancouver "fans" that show up only for playoffs.

Well, have fun sticking around for about
6 games

Clydefrog

Coachella followed by a work seminar means I won't be able to go to a Kings game until they take it to game 6. Kings in 6!!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Pfft. I used to like Van til all you Canuckletryhards started acting like twats.

Hating on Burke and Nonis who built that goddamn team. The core of your team is their doing and Gillis only inherited it.

Fan riots.

Defending the diving.

Jumping on the Leaf hate bandwagon.

God am I defending Fortunatescrub?!

Pfft. I used to like Van til all you Canuckletryhards started acting like twats.

Hating on Burke and Nonis who built that goddamn team. The core of your team is their doing and Gillis only inherited it.

Fan riots.

Defending the diving.

Jumping on the Leaf hate bandwagon.

God am I defending Fortunatescrub?!

Why am I so hated by my own? :(. I'm like the tabris equivalent.

And yes, you are absolutely right about this:

"Hating on Burke and Nonis who built that goddamn team. The core of your team is their doing and Gillis only inherited it."

This is the worst, fucking offensive. The core, the ground-up of their team was built by Nonis / Burke. It's like their fans are too inept to grasp that fact.

MutFox

Banned
Did I mention the fans? No. I didn't. Well, they are even worse. Looks like I'm already noticing the usual Vancouver "fans" that show up only for playoffs.

6 games

I've been here for years, though I don't post as often as you.
Though every one of your posts has some Canucks hate, we get it.

Wonder how many posts it'll take to get some more Canucks hate in from you.

You should focus on posting about the Leafs.

And yes, you are the Tabris of the East.
Not really, please take him away. :(

No. I reek of jealousy if you want to say it. I really hate when another canadian team makes it to the playoffs other than my Toronto.

But that's not the main reason, your team is full of the biggest fucking arrogant / cocky fucks in all of nhl. I'm glad you guys choked last year. Hope to see the repeat again this playoffs, lets do this.

6 games

I like your style.

Socreges

Banned
I reek of jealousy if you want to say it. I really hate when another canadian team makes it to the playoffs other than my Toronto.
At least you're honest.

Just a reminder: Offseason thread

Maybe the deluded, unrelenting 'Burke/Nonis built this team' stuff can reside there for now.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Defending the diving.
Pardon? And I saw more diving from the Leafs this season than I have from any other team.

Socreges

Banned
I actually met my first rioter the other day (they are rare. and the lower mainland is big). Really cute girl. Dumb as a brick and now shamed to shit. Amazing how a few moments of indulgence and stupidity have severely affected her social/professional life.

Montresor

Pardon? And I saw more diving from the Leafs this season than I have from any other team.

I can't really refute this at all, because I barely watch other teams. But I saw lots of Leaf games this seasons and didn't see an egregious amount of diving.

They really need to move that thread to off-topic community. All the other sports off-season threads are here. I like how there are so few off topic community threads that nothing can be pushed off its front page... as there's no second page. The off-season thread just gets lost in regular off topic.

I'm not sure, those were Tabris' words. Not sure how much he makes/what he does.

I used to work within a few blocks of there, so I think I have a pretty good idea of the property values. Technically speaking you don't need to be in that income range - people get ridiculous mortgages all the time, or managed to flip houses and make a fortune 5-10 years ago - but now, yeah, it's big money. The "affordable" units in those condos are like 480-500sqft, probably with a lower end of $380k-$400k, with other units going up to double.

MutFox

Banned
As for the Leafs,

How can a team that's treated like a Princess in how their schedule is done,
not make the playoffs?

It's like the league is giving them the chance to succeed, yet they can't?

Maybe that's why it's comedic when they fail to reach the playoffs.

Socreges

Banned
As for the Leafs,

not make the playoffs?

They got the 2nd least travel, but plenty of B2Bs. I wouldn't say they have an advantage.

I actually met my first rioter the other day (they are rare. and the lower mainland is big). Really cute girl. Dumb as a brick and now shamed to shit. Amazing how a few moments of indulgence and stupidity have severely affected her social/professional life.

What were you doing in Surrey?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I see what you did there.

Also Cleary said even if his knee is at 50%, he will play in game 1 still. Seriously? Why would they have him play when his knee would only be at 50%? He would be more of a problem than helpful.

Cleary hasn't been helpful at all this year.

I think a 100% Mursak or Sheahan would be better than a 50% Cleary.

Montresor

As for the Leafs,

not make the playoffs?

SMH. Can you elaborate on this? The Leafs ranked 3rd or 4th, IIRC, in # of back-to-back games. Not that this should ever be a valid excuse, but you're telling me they have an easy schedule? How?

edit: I saw Soc's post: being in the east definitely carries a slight advantage over Western teams like Vancouver, as there's less travel, and fewer visits to different time zones, but the same goes to almost every team in the east.

I'm surprised how little coverage the Briere injury is getting. He was injured by a Pen and is one of the most prolific playoff scorers in the league....

Marvie_3

Banned
As for the Leafs,

not make the playoffs?

Coming from a fan of a team that plays in the Northwest, this is hilarious.

Socreges

Banned
MutFox, that was just one game when they were playing in Vancouver and I really doubt that affected anything much. After all, they still lost.

What were you doing in Surrey?
The girl was actually from Victoria. Some rioters took the skytrain. Others took the ferry.

I can't really refute this at all, because I barely watch other teams. But I saw lots of Leaf games this seasons and didn't see an egregious amount of diving.
I wouldn't say 'egregious' either, but it was just more noticeable with them (Grabo, Kadri, Phaneuf). Might have just been the sample of games that I saw.

MutFox

Banned
MutFox, that was just one game when they were playing in Vancouver and I really doubt that affected anything much. After all, they still lost.

So it only happens when they play Vancouver?
Maybe that's why Montreal beats us, cause they have to elevate their game playing at our time. :p

Socreges

Banned
Coming from a fan of a team that plays in the Northwest, this is hilarious.
Chicago vs the NW: 8-8-4

rtAGQ.gif

Razorskin

----- ------
I'm surprised how little coverage the Briere injury is getting. He was injured by a Pen and is one of the most prolific playoff scorers in the league....

Briere injury news from a good source:
Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby

So if the Flyers beat the Pens and they go two (three?) years without winning a playoff series will the NHL finally get off their nuts?

Briere injury news from a good source:
Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby

:lol

But seriously.... this coverage is ridiculous. The Flyers won the season series.... I'm not saying they're favorites, but the coverage is so bad.

Slurmer

Banned
Blue get Sharks first round..... We never have beaten the Sharks in the first round. 99-00 Presidents Trophy Blues were swept by 8th seed Sharks.

If the Sharks win they'll do it in 4. If the Blues win it'll be in 6. My prediction.

I think STL has got that series on lock.

Wow picks in here shifted from mostly Flyers to mostly Pens pretty quickly. I'll be honest, I'm not overly optimistic, but that' because I think it's 50/50. If the Flyers were healthy I wouldn't doubt us at all.

I'm not optimistic either. I think it's close, but in a close match up I'd pick the team with Crosby/Malkin/Fleury. Most people picking Philly are probably doing it more out of spite for the Pens than anything, lol.

Wednesday feels so far away..

Revenant

The best thing about your new gif fad is the brevity of your posts, normally we'd only be in the prologue by now!

Predictions for some fun

VAN VS LAK - LAK in 7
STL VS SJS - Blues in 6
PHX VS CHI - Hawks in 6
NSH VS DET - Preds in 6

NYR VS OTT - Rangers in 5
BOS VS WASH - Bruins in 5
FLA VS NJD - Devils in 5
PIT VS PHI -Philly in 6

I think STL has got that series on lock.

I'm not optimistic either. I think it's close, but in a close match up I'd pick the team with Crosby/Malkin/Fleury. Most people picking Philly are probably doing it more out of spite for the Pens than anything, lol.

Wednesday feels so far away..

I'm hoping it's a good series, I'll be shocked if either team really blows out the other. It should be a long good series.

Top Bottom