• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Socreges

Banned
Wow. I certainly wasn't expecting this to happen.

...Nope. Couldn't even type it with a straight face.
What is your conspiracy theory and what were the motives behind it (ie, what were the motives of the Canucks organization)?

Jeff Carter will also be returning for injury and back for Game 1, btw.

There is no way he slides that low.

That's what they said about Fowler :p

Also Kingdom Hearts fanart pretty much ruins any chance the Canucks had of winning

QZekM.jpg

Acid08

Banned
No one uses a tandem in the playoffs. I expect Halak will get the starts. Not like that's better, as he was great last time he was in the playoffs.

Over the last few weeks, the Blues just didn't look as imposing. I have some hope that they spent their load getting as far as they did. They have a gob of playoff rookies (or players with just a handful of games), and you never know which guys will rise to occasion and which won't. I'd be much more worried if the Sharks were playing Vancouver.

Built for the playoffs with no playoff experience.

Something's gotta give.

ShaneB

The wait until Wednesday feels like forever. Wish the playoffs started tomorrow.

Same, here I am staring at my Steam games list wondering what to play, and realizing that come wednesday, I'll be spending my nights watching hockey anyway. Come on!

t0mp

I currently have the Preds in the finals in my bracket.... losing to Philly

That's how we convince Suter to sign here next year ;)

I was gonna do the same thing but I didn't wanna be the same as you and hubes...

my bracket is mad homerish. I'd also love for the kings to go far. I took them in the first round :)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's only Monday, fuck.

I know the feel bro. I have finals to study for but I can't focus, fuck. At least I won't have a final exam DURING a game, that was my biggest fear before the scheduling was announced. I get out 30mins before puck drop, that's closest. Enough time to make it to a bar I hope.

MacAttack

I was gonna do the same thing but I didn't wanna be the same as you and hubes...

my bracket is mad homerish. I'd also love for the kings to go far. I took them in the first round :)

From what I've seen most of the brackets have some homer picks.With that in mind it's not hard to see why Pens and Canucks are leading the results.

The way I look at my picks is a mix of what I think is probable and what I would like to see happen. Tough to distinguish where the two intersect.

t0mp

obamaloljpeg

Even without the Leafs in the playoffs (again) I'm pretty excited to see the playoffs start.

LOL

From what I've seen most of the brackets have some homer picks.With that in mind it's not hard to see why Pens and Canucks are leading the results.

The way I look at my picks is a mix of what I think is probable and what I would like to see happen. Tough to distinguish where the two intersect.

yeah I hear you man. well said. I was thinking of doing another one of what I really think will happen, homer picks aside.

They do such an awesome job with those, although I'm a bit partial to this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCRGy2zaniY

I want to punch you in the face right now for that video. We need the rightful video instead.

Here we go, take it away Linkin Park, yeah!!!

2008 CBC Video

This one works too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0zrWF67714

Do you know what, I'm feeling positive right now, screw all of your other teams. Forget about Destiny, Mr. Universe, captain jello brains, or any of these other contenders. The Stanley Cup needs to come home to its rightful place in Detroit now, playoffs need to be here now, I'm pumped and ready to thrash the Preds and all that stand in the way of the premier NHL franchise of the last 20 years. So bring it on, this is Detroit's time to shine and Robo-Lidstrom will lead them to the promise land!!!!!!!!!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

No homer pick from me, just complete hockey clairvoyance.

Tabris

I have $4000 saved up for playoff tickets. I'm thinking $200 x2 for first round, $400 x1 for second round, $500 x 1 for third round, $1000ish x2 for finals. God damn, so expensive, I can buy that trip to Europe I always wanted with that... but it will be a memorable experience.

I got my ticket to game 1 already.

I don't know which players to pick for the yearly playoff pool.....it also doesn't help that the list of players and positions is completely messed up but is apparently from officepools.com and is the final list with no exceptions..........lots of wingers are listed on the wrong side from what I can see

I expect a Vancouver vs Pittsburgh final but I dunno which other teams would make up the final 4, I keep going back and forth ugh /firstworldproblem

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have $4000 saved up for playoff tickets. I'm thinking $200 x2 for first round, $400 x1 for second round, $500 x 1 for third round, $1000ish x2 for finals. God damn, so expensive, I can buy that trip to Europe I always wanted with that... but it will be a memorable experience.

I got my ticket to game 1 already.

Check your PM, you can do both. :D

Top Bottom