• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

rellix

DDZCS.jpg

Just depends on if the playoff Franzen and company show up, or the regular season group does.

Honestly, this series can go either way. Nashville is ready and good to go from the start. Whereas Detroit is a huge question mark.

I picked Detroit purely out of experience but I can definitely understand those who picked Nashville over Detroit. Nashville has an amazing powerplay, pk, goaltending. They run a great system.

Honestly, this series can go either way. Nashville is ready and good to go from the start. Whereas Detroit is a huge question mark.

I picked Detroit purely out of experience but I can definitely understand those who picked Nashville over Detroit. Nashville has an amazing powerplay, pk, goaltending. They run a great system.

Like it or not for Sef, Preds are pretty much the favorite for this series though, so it will be nice to see how Detroit does maybe with a little bit of pressure off of them and being the underdogs this time around.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
nashville is the forever underdog, I refuse to accept being a favorite

I do love the mohawks the boys are starting to rock though.

Ra\/en

I'll just make some predictions because I'm bored.

East:

NYR/OTT = NYR in 6
BOS/WAS = BOS in 5
FLA/NJD = FLA in 7
PIT/PHI = PIT in 6

West:

VAN/LAK = VAN in 6
SLB/SJS = SJS in 6
PHO/CHI = CHI in 7
NSH/DET = NSH in 7

UberTag

nashville is the forever underdog, I refuse to accept being a favorite

I do love the mohawks the boys are starting to rock though.
A team comprised entirely of players with mohawks versus a team with the most epic playoff beards imaginable squaring off in the Stanley Cup finals for all the marbles would be a thing of beauty.

Incidentally, I think all of the Preds fans in here should adopt playoff 'hawks.

Socreges

Banned
I wouldn't laugh at anyone picking the Kings. They're the matchup I feared the most for the last while (since NSH/DET/STL wasn't possible). It'll be a tight, physical series. I expect LA to try hitting anything that moves for the first five minutes.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

UberTag

Hey vatstep, I know you've got the Bs losing to Pittsburgh in the 2nd round, but would your prediction change at all in a different matchup scenario (i.e. Ottawa, Philadelphia, Florida)?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Hey vatstep, I know you've got the Bs losing to Pittsburgh in the 2nd round, but would your prediction change at all in a different matchup scenario (i.e. Ottawa, Philadelphia, Florida)?
Yes to all of the above.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'll tell you what I'm not looking forward to... those damn Tootoo whistles being blown all fucking game long. Hopefully he's a healthy scratch.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Good news for Canucks-GAF, I can get up to 4 tickets per game for the first round now! Too lazy to send out individual PM's, it's 90.- per ticket. Send me a PM if interested.

Good news for Canucks-GAF, I can get up to 4 tickets per game for the first round now! Too lazy to send out individual PM's, it's 90.- per ticket. Send me a PM if interested.

Nothing against those going to the game, but watching it at home on CBC HD without Mark Lee is probably better than watching a tight-checking low-scoring series.

Canucks-Age meet-up if they make the finals again? We can trash Tabris's place if they lose.

snack

Nothing against those going to the game, but watching it at home on CBC HD without Mark Lee is probably better than watching a tight-checking low-scoring series.

Canucks-Age meet-up if they make the finals again? We can trash Tabris's place if they lose.
Lemme take in the beautiful view from his appy first, then I'll join in on the trashing.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No one's brought up Iginila in here, but it seems more and more likely he's moved in the off season, I wonder the kind of return he would bring in.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Any idea what teams he would go to?
Not really, it would obviously be a competitive team, and probably one that can play fast gritty hockey, so flyers, pens, bruins, teams like that. I doubt Calgary trades him to a western team, but he's made comments that he wants to be on a winning team, and has acknowledged that the Flames may finally be going for a full rebuild.

Socreges

Banned
Want people to keep discussing Daniels concussion for the 8th time?
Canucks' top forward returns to practice days before the playoffs after missing 10 games. Two people mention this. About three pages ago. Your saltiness has actually reminded me that we require an update.

Apparently Daniel missed practice today.

Daniel did join six of his teammates after practice and skated for about 40 minutes with skills coach Glenn Carnegie.

"It's not a setback," Vigneault said after practice.

Vigneault refused to say whether he expected Daniel to play in Wednesday night's best-of-seven playoff series opener against the Los Angeles Kings (7:30 p.m., CBC, Team 1040).

"You should know by now I don't discuss lineup decisions," he said.

The Canucks coach said very little else about Daniel, who had skated in Monday's full practice.

"We are just following the protocol," Vigneault said.

Asked why Daniel would practise on Monday, but not today, Vigneault said: "I am not going to get into the exact protocol. Yesterday was a day where we had five lines on the ice and nine defencemen and some 20-odd players. It was a day with a lot of people on the ice, he could get a practice in with his teammates.

"It's a unique injury and he will continue the protocol and when he's ready to play he will address you. Until that time, he won't talk to you."

Vigneault bristled when it was suggested the Canucks were not going to rush Daniel back into the lineup.

"We're in playoffs," Vigneault said. "When he's healthy he's going to play."
Vigneault's a wee bit testy.

Top Bottom