• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Marvie_3

Banned
Since it's June and it was in the Staples Center, they probably all assumed they were watching a Lakers game and fell asleep.

7347033942_a5216af12d_o.gif
I like how he moves next to the boobs so he can look up and stare at them on the big screen.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I like how he moves next to the boobs so he can look up and stare at them on the big screen.

OH. This suddenly makes so much more sense. He doesn't have to turn around and be obvious, but doing it like that is so sneaky. What a move.

Puddles

Banned
So I missed the entire second half of the playoffs due to a weird month-long ban. I don't want to bring down the wrath of Tyler by complaining about the officiating on this forum, but... yeah.

This run has been amazing. The Phoenix series was incredibly satisfying, and the first three games of this Devils series were great. Fuck NJ for cockblocking us out of the home-ice win, but we'll get them in Game 5.

Also, all Red Wings and Blackhawks fans who wanted to tank for the 6th seed to face the Kings instead of the Preds when it looked like the Kings would finish 3rd: what the fuck are you to say now? How does Quick's jockstrap taste? Kings >>>>>>> Preds, and everyone who thought the Kings would be an easier matchup than Nashville looks like a damn fool right now.

Dream, thanks for keeping my memory alive with the "Go Kings go, Puddles?" posts. Sorry I couldn't answer. I was chanting in a Cartman voice from beyond the ban grave.

Game 5 will be glorious.

Marvie_3

Banned
So I missed the entire second half of the playoffs due to a weird month-long ban. I don't want to bring down the wrath of Tyler by complaining about the officiating on this forum, but... yeah.

This run has been amazing. The Phoenix series was incredibly satisfying, and the first three games of this Devils series were great. Fuck NJ for cockblocking us out of the home-ice win, but we'll get them in Game 5.

Also, all Red Wings and Blackhawks fans who wanted to tank for the 6th seed to face the Kings instead of the Preds when it looked like the Kings would finish 3rd: what the fuck are you to say now? How does Quick's jockstrap taste? Kings >>>>>>> Preds, and everyone who thought the Kings would be an easier matchup than Nashville looks like a damn fool right now.

Dream, thanks for keeping my memory alive with the "Go Kings go, Puddles?" posts. Sorry I couldn't answer. I was chanting in a Cartman voice from beyond the ban grave.

Game 5 will be glorious.
You should do your homework. I don't remember anyone saying that. Hawks/Wings fans wanted to face Phoenix/SJ/Dallas.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
You should do your homework. I don't remember anyone saying that. Hawks/Wings fans wanted to face Phoenix/SJ/Dallas.

i was thinking the same thing, noone wanted the kings. i made plenty of posts in the last few weeks of the regular season saying that was the matchup i was most afraid of for the preds

i was thinking the same thing, noone wanted the kings. i made plenty of posts in the last few weeks of the regular season saying that was the matchup i was most afraid of for the preds

everyone wanted the yotes. did even one poster say anything like that about the kings? if anything, they would be feared as a team that underachieved in the regular season and came in as a low seed.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
im just glad we finally got a kings fan wanting to talk a little trash. it took 4 games into the finals to get the confidence, but its finally happened!

Game 5 will be glorious.

Uh.... We wanted to drop to play Phoenix, we really didn't mention anything about LA so please get your facts right next time before you start trash talking. I know trash talking for the Kings is something new to you guys and you aren't used to it I (maybe with the Lakers but this is a little different), you just need some practice that is all.

I think the only thing said about the Kings was how they might have been a better matchup for Detroit because we knew the Preds had our number. But of course can't say what would have happened in a series like that anyways since it never happened.

I really want NJ to somehow come back and win this series just to see the meltdowns by some of the Kings fans and then how everyone will go back to wondering if LA even has a team.

Fuck Detroit ghetto town, that city is a warzone and ghost town.. I mention the one I care about.

Why are you hating on our war?

Edit: I just realized I have been rather salty against the Kings recently, oh well...

ShaneB

Just said on Hockeycentral, the blond behind the bench was Taylor Stevens. If you're at work, I don't advise googling pictures.

Socreges

Banned
GO DEVILS

I'm not one for conspiracies, but my first thought here was that he's been told to stick near the tig ol' bitties so she's always on camera when he is. What are the chances that she is an actual fan who happens to have those convenient seats, versus someone who was planted there by the Kings organization and/or NBC?

tumblr_m0y2er4VfJ1qztjn5o1_500.png

Nah I'm still here. I ain't even mad.
That's because you're not part of Kings-GAF.

Socreges

Banned
So much bitterness... meanwhile there probably wasn't a single Wings/Hawks fan that was saying that, much less "all those".

fallout

I'm not one for conspiracies, but my first thought here was that he's been told to stick near the tig ol' bitties so she's always on camera when he is. What are the chances that she is an actual fan who happens to have those convenient seats, versus someone who was planted there by the Kings organization and/or NBC?
I bet she's also a reverse vampire.

Clydefrog

What a shitty crowd at Staples last night. If you can't lose your shit at that game, there's something wrong.

My voice is shot today I yelled so much during the game. Our section was rocking throughout the game.

kinghenrik said it best - so many missed chances. I felt like Penner had a clear-cut breakaway at least once every period. Gagne had like 2. Lewis had 1. Quick was fantastic, unfortunately Brodeur was also pretty good (minus his usual “oh my god” fuck-up that almost results in a goal).

There were definitely going to be riots if they won. I saw a group of “fans” wearing cheap Kings t-shirt shouting “LETS GO DEVILS” right outside staples after the game. Another fan tried to incite my friends and I while we were eating pizza after the game. Also saw a guy in a Kings jersey get slammed into a pane of glass, shattering it all over the sidewalk. But Cops were everywhere – I don’t think the rioters stood a chance if shit actually went down.

All in all, still worth the $400 I spent to sit in the rafters. My first Stanley cup final game. The mood is electric.

The devils are toast in game 5.

oh, and e3 looked ridiculous!

Clydefrog

Hahah forgot to mention that I met the guy who runs the LA Kings twitter. Turns out he used to play hockey with my buddies that went to the game with me. We randomly bumped into him outside LA Live before the game.

Clydefrog

Only 400?!?!?! Those tickets would be over 2k in a hockey market. Especially if it was a chance to clinch.

I bought them a couple minutes after they won the western conference finals. I didn't expect to be going to an elimination game. I could have sold my ticket for about $1500 on game day.

Heretic

I bought them a couple minutes after they won the western conference finals. I didn't expect to be going to an elimination game. I could have sold my ticket for about $1500 on game day.

Clydefrog, I've been hearing rumors of no parade if they win it. Any truth to this?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I'm excited for the Marlies - Admirals game. I think it is on CBS Sports. I want the series to not finish in Toronto so I can attend Game 6 or 7.

Top Bottom