• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Marvie_3

Banned
Goldwater Institute Seeking Temporary Restraining Order Against Arena Management Vote

Tomorrow morning the City of Glendale plans to consider what is estimated to be a $425 million arena management deal for Jobing.com Arena. Arizona’s Open Meetings Law and multiple court orders require the city to make public all documents related to the proposed contract at least 24 hours before a Council vote is taken, which it has not done. The 100-page deal released on Monday refers to a number of exhibits that are central to analyzing the impact of the deal on Glendale’s finances, which the city must make public. Per respecting Open Meetings Law requirements, the Goldwater Institute will be requesting a temporary restraining order to prevent the Glendale City Council from voting on the contract Friday morning.

I honestly think Marvie cares more about this than anyone in Phoenix, the NHL, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Quebec City, Kansas City, Seattle, and Atlanta (third time's a charm).

Marvie_3

Banned
I honestly think Marvie cares more about this than anyone in Phoenix, the NHL, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Quebec City, Kansas City, Seattle, and Atlanta (third time's a charm).

The business side of sports fascinates me. With this I get plenty of business related reading to do and plenty of comedy to keep me entertained. The increasing levels of stupidity from everyone involved never stop. If I had the disposable cash to piss away, I'd fly to Glendale, grab some popcorn, and sit in on some of their council meetings.

Clydefrog

some pics i took from game 4

6OKdm.jpg
GOEmv.jpg

"bring back the LA rams!" :lol
Ifkib.jpg
EWpEb.jpg

UCukE.jpg
3mpzE.jpg

mOH6R.jpg
3B9QZ.jpg

cIizG.jpg
X8g2V.jpg

ZUcvY.jpg
actNo.jpg

TKKG2.jpg
IEZMy.jpg

Q39Df.jpg

there that's plenty. sorry for the huge post!

have away, anti-kings fan. CRITICIZE THE PICTURES

calder

*Confused chuckle*

So, tomorrow you'll be using this thread to keep me updated on the absurd doings of the Phoenix city council? Don't branch out to the crappy off season thread, I need my news in one convenient place. ;) I'm shockingly somehow getting more intrigued by the Coyotes situation now, it's beyond farcical but even beyond that the offer is so crazy it's like all the stupid illogical stuff that goes into pro sports (in NA at least) dialed up to a thousand. Math that clearly makes it a terrible deal for the politicians, "intangible benefits" etc.

Cake Boss

Banned
These finals have made me resort to the NBA. And I fucking despise it, but its more entertaining than these playoffs have been.

Clydefrog

I can't help but think that this looks empty... Sorry :/

li-bc-110613-fan-zone.jpg

yeah, it looks pretty empty. this was about 15 minutes before puck drop. I just wanted to take a picture from the balcony at staples center before I sat down. it was more crowded earlier but jesus christ not like your pic

jred2k

I'm amazed you managed to find not one, but two people with Jason Allison jerseys. I guess it helps he wasn't as much of a bum in LA as he was on the Leafs.

There were definitely going to be riots if they won. I saw a group of “fans” wearing cheap Kings t-shirt shouting “LETS GO DEVILS” right outside staples after the game. Another fan tried to incite my friends and I while we were eating pizza after the game. Also saw a guy in a Kings jersey get slammed into a pane of glass, shattering it all over the sidewalk. But Cops were everywhere – I don’t think the rioters stood a chance if shit actually went down.

ahahahahaha

criminals

Sucks for you though, glad you're safe.

Acid08

Banned
some pics i took from game 4

"bring back the LA rams!" :lol
Ifkib.jpg

The only picture that didn't fill me with jealous rage.

Also I've, all of a sudden, been seeing more people rocking Kings gear around here. It's disgusting. They're mostly all nice people though. A guy came into work yesterday wearing a Ducks jersey and we commiserated for a while.

Marvie_3

Banned
How many more years of the Coyotes are we guaranteed right now? Anybody know?

Anywhere from 0-whenever the Coyotes declare bankruptcy again.

*Confused chuckle*

So, tomorrow you'll be using this thread to keep me updated on the absurd doings of the Phoenix city council? Don't branch out to the crappy off season thread, I need my news in one convenient place. ;) I'm shockingly somehow getting more intrigued by the Coyotes situation now, it's beyond farcical but even beyond that the offer is so crazy it's like all the stupid illogical stuff that goes into pro sports (in NA at least) dialed up to a thousand. Math that clearly makes it a terrible deal for the politicians, "intangible benefits" etc.
Ok, but only since you asked so nice.

I wish I wasn't so lazy because I could write an entire book on this nonsense.

Heretic

TRUTH. YOU AINT GOT SHIT ON CANADA

Sens-Mile.jpg

Go home and be a family man.

I laughed way too hard at this.

The police were told to have zero tolerance at yesterday's game. Most of my hatred for L.A. teams are its fans... and my idiot cousins that are annoying as fuck when the lakers/dodgers/raiders win. Clydefrog is cool peeps though.

The only picture that didn't fill me with jealous rage.

Also I've, all of a sudden, been seeing more people rocking Kings gear around here. It's disgusting. They're mostly all nice people though. A guy came into work yesterday wearing a Ducks jersey and we commiserated for a while.
Same thing here, the amount of Kings hats have exploded. Heck even my roommate are following them now, but it might be 50-50 me liking hockey and he being from there

Clydefrog

:lol all the sudden i don't feel bad spamming this page with cup finals pictures

cause only a new jersey fan could do worse.

i still have that bowl ready for ducks fans -- the tears. so delicious

*KNOCKS ON THE BIGGEST PIECE OF WOOD IN NORTH AMERICA*

Cagey

Banned
I found a pic of New Jersey in Game 1 and 2.

Ignorance is awesome. Keep at it brah. Tell us about the smell from the refineries and heavy industry lining a very small stretch of the turnpike near the airport making the entire state a toxic dump, would ya?

Ignorance is awesome. Keep at it brah. Tell us about the smell from the refineries and heavy industry lining a very small stretch of the turnpike near the airport making the entire state a toxic dump, would ya?

How about all the people selling sherm sticks right across the bridge in Trenton.

I'm from NJ, right by Newark, and I actually really like the state, but fuck the Devils and their fanbase. Devils got the dregs of hockey fandom in the area when after all the real hockey people were already cheering for the Rangers, Flyers, and Islanders.

A tragic consequence of being near Philadelphia?

LOL I dont think Philly has anything like that. Maybe it does but I havent been approached for anything like that in Philly. I got lost in Trenton once and pulled over for directions and very much regretted it afterwards.

Cagey

Banned
I'm from NJ, right by Newark, and I actually really like the state, but fuck the Devils and their fanbase. Devils got the dregs of hockey fandom in the area when after all the real hockey people were already cheering for the Rangers, Flyers, and Islanders.

You mean the team that was founded in the early 1980s had to compete for fans with more established franchises -- including an Original Six, one that rattled off four cup wins in a row, and another that had success in the recent 1970s -- and struggled to find footing because most of the state was claimed territory? Mind blown.

LOL I dont think Philly has anything like that. Maybe it does but I havent been approached for anything like that in Philly. I got lost in Trenton once and pulled over for directions and very much regretted it afterwards.

There's some wild shit in this region (Philly, Newark, the boroughs of NYC), but nothing tops Camden. A picture of a third-world country days after a war broke out would be accurate.

EDIT: southern rural NJ and eastern rural PA needs to be included for that Alabama factor.

ShaneB

Goldwater and Glendale in court now

Could this be it?

Don't jinx it :(

Also it just hit me today, hearing that the series going back to Newark. Fuck, how how much cooler things would've been with a LA vs NY final.

Also, the Calder Cup game 3 is turning into a total clusterfuck! Dang.

Top Bottom