• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 |OT| You can't lock out virtual hockey

So I just decided to finally order the game; got it coming in tomorrow. Picked up the PS3 version because I bought NHL12 PS3 - does anyone play that version here? I'm sitting here wondering if I should just cancel it and re-order XBOX. I would love to play with some GAF folk this time around.

Socreges

Banned
So I just decided to finally order the game; got it coming in tomorrow. Picked up the PS3 version because I bought NHL12 PS3 - does anyone play that version here? I'm sitting here wondering if I should just cancel it and re-order XBOX. I would love to play with some GAF folk this time around.
GAF has an EASHL team (or two) and a GM Connected league - both for X360. The latter is taking new people and the former is recruiting vets, I think. Don't know if there's much PS3 activity here.

GAF has an EASHL team (or two) and a GM Connected league - both for X360. The latter is taking new people and the former is recruiting vets, I think. Don't know if there's much PS3 activity here.

Yea that's what I thought; same thing with the last seasons release. Too late to cancel now, so I guess I'll just wait until NHL 14 to finally jump in. I have a group on PS3, but would rather to play with GAF at this point.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yea that's what I thought; same thing with the last seasons release. Too late to cancel now, so I guess I'll just wait until NHL 14 to finally jump in. I have a group on PS3, but would rather to play with GAF at this point.
You can get some good practice time and get used to the game before the next one comes out and try out for our Gaf team for 14, we're doing really well, but still looking for a player or two.

You can get some good practice time and get used to the game before the next one comes out and try out for our Gaf team for 14, we're doing really well, but still looking for a player or two.

Yea that's what I was thinking. Do pro's transfer over to each new release?

I think I'm going to return my PS3 copy and just get the 360 though; I'd like to at least join in on the GM Sim league if possible.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yea that's what I was thinking. Do pro's transfer over to each new release?

I think I'm going to return my PS3 copy and just get the 360 though; I'd like to at least join in on the GM Sim league if possible.

Definitely possible, we just started a new season too. (Season 6 I think)

Red_Man

Slurmer

Banned
So I bit and got one of the add-on packs (Bauer) from psn. How do I go about applying it? The game doesn't really explain this anywhere

Feeroper

Hey everyone,

NHL 13 is currently on sale at EB Games in Canada and I wanted to pick it up as it is cheap now (despite NHL 14 coming in Sept). I just wondered though if anyone can tell me if there is a major difference between the PS3 and 360 versions of this game? Graphics wise, performance wise, or whatever.

Also, I had heard that there is a serious freezing issue with the PS3 version, and that it can even be harmful to the system. Is this true? The way I read it made it seem like this was a widespread problem but other places dont even seem to mention it really. Is this a serious problem for the PS3 version, or something blown out of proportion? What about the 360 version, does it have this issue as well?

Thanks everyone.

C-Sword

Need help here! Is it possible to play co-op with a friend on the same console against other people online? I couldn't get it to work. I only managed to team up with someone online, but not on the same console.

Red_Man

iw4YuOi.gif

Top Bottom