• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Would you guys shut the fuck up already. This constant "shit all over everything about the Devils" every time someone talks about them is so tiring. We're well aware that Henrik and Flyers-GAF are salty as fuck that the Devils have won 3 Cups since '95 and rehashing the same "lolfanbase lolbrodeurisold" bullshit is pathetic.

Um I stand by what I said before. I think Henrik and I are in line with actual expectations for the team this year. yankee, well he's angry about something, and probably a little extreme. I'm pretty sure I was saying the Devils outplayed the Flyers every time they played last year and Kovalchuk was admittedly impressive.

What's YOUR opinion of the Devils next year Marvie?

Also, we all listen to your ridiculous rants about the Coyotes and the PA without bitching.... don't see why you can't do the same...

PS the Coyotes are still in Phoenix. Just in case you were wondering. And the league is still increasing profits year after year despite the evil machinations of Donald Fehr.

Because they're aren't any

ZINGGGGEEERRRRR

Really if this is what is keeping Devil's fans out of this thread then they need to get a thicker skin. Glad Office Marvie is here to lay down the law. It's safe to come out now Devil's fan, Marvie's got your back! Will there be any other teams that you will be defending in case somebody says something bad about them?

Man somebody was totally mean to the Flyers one time in this thread and nobody said nothing. Woe is me.

Um I stand by what I said before. I think Henrik and I are in line with actual expectations for the team this year. yankee, well he's angry about something, and probably a little extreme. I'm pretty sure I was saying the Devils outplayed the Flyers every time they played last year and Kovalchuk was admittedly impressive.

Hey, I'm the first one to say that the Devils were the better team in our series. No excuses. But losing Parise is going to hurt a lot more than their fans are letting on. Playoff team? Yeah. A repeat of last season? nah.

Flyer's and Ranger's fans ganging up on the Devils? sigh.... We'll just go by the "how successful in terms of Stanley Cups in modern hockey they have". (last 20 years)

Flyers: 0
Rangers: 1
Devils: 3

Sorry guys, looks like the Devils win this round.

Flyer's and Ranger's fans ganging up on the Devils? sigh.... We'll just go by the "how successful in terms of Stanley Cups in modern hockey they have". (last 20 years)

We should count since the NHL outlawed the trap.

I don't think anybody is discrediting what they did. But their last cup was won nearly 10 years ago now. They just lost a major part of their team, and they are for all intents and purposes a financial mess. I don't know about you, but the outlook for their future doesn't look great to me.

I don't think anybody is discrediting what they did. But their last cup was won nearly 10 years ago now. They just lost a major part of their team, and they are for all intents and purposes a financial mess. I don't know about you, but the outlook for their future doesn't look great to me.

This. Seriously, how is saying that the Devils' future looks shitty controversial? They're about to surrender their first next year, they lost their captain, Brodeur actually IS old and about to retire, and Lou doesn't seem to give a shit as he approaches retirement because he's fucking sick of the new ownership. On top of all that, even when they were good the Devils had shitty attendance for their performance and godawful attendance when they were bad. None of this is me "shitting on the Devils." It's just the reality. They really DID come in fourth in the division last year and had a ton of loser points. They were the poster boys for things that piss people off about the NHL standings.

Slurmer

Banned
Would you guys shut the fuck up already. This constant "shit all over everything about the Devils" every time someone talks about them is so tiring. We're well aware that Henrik and Flyers-GAF are salty as fuck that the Devils have won 3 Cups since '95 and rehashing the same "lolfanbase lolbrodeurisold" bullshit is pathetic.

Why do you love the trap Marvie?

ShaneB

I've given up hope I think, both sides seem miles apart, and we're just about a month away from deadline.
LLShC.gif

Cactus

Banned
This. Seriously, how is saying that the Devils' future looks shitty controversial? They're about to surrender their first next year, they lost their captain, Brodeur actually IS old and about to retire, and Lou doesn't seem to give a shit as he approaches retirement because he's fucking sick of the new ownership. On top of all that, even when they were good the Devils had shitty attendance for their performance and godawful attendance when they were bad. None of this is me "shitting on the Devils." It's just the reality. They really DID come in fourth in the division last year and had a ton of loser points. They were the poster boys for things that piss people off about the NHL standings.

To be fair, Florida probably wins that award. They were the only playoff team who didn't win at least 40 games.

Marvie_3

Banned
Losing Parise will hurt. They aren't winning the division and they aren't making the Finals again but getting one of the lower seeds isn't that ridiculous of an idea.

Also, we all listen to your ridiculous rants about the Coyotes and the PA without bitching.... don't see why you can't do the same...
New things happen with the Coyotes and the CBA negotiations. You guys bring up the same shit if someone even mentions something about the Devils as trivial as Kovalchuk getting a haircut.

PS the Coyotes are still in Phoenix. Just in case you were wondering.
They still aren't sold yet either. Unless the season is starting in Jaunary, even I'll agree it's too late to move them this year. Long term I still don't see them in Phoenix.

And the league is still increasing profits year after year despite the evil machinations of Donald Fehr.
There still isn't a CBA yet either. If the season starts on time, you can talk shit.

Man somebody was totally mean to the Flyers one time in this thread and nobody said nothing. Woe is me.
It's not like GAF is the only place to talk hockey on the internet. Plenty of places to go and not have to be subjected to the same bullshit over and over again.

Socreges

Banned
Osorio didn't say anything that wasn't true and/or reasonable. Not sure what got you guys so flustered.

Giving the fanbase credit for the Devils being "high revenue", though, was a bit sketchy.

Losing Parise will hurt. They aren't winning the division and they aren't making the Finals again but getting one of the lower seeds isn't that ridiculous of an idea.

But somehow when I say the same thing it's "bashing the Devils." Ok....

New things happen with the Coyotes and the CBA negotiations. You guys bring up the same shit if someone even mentions something about the Devils as trivial as Kovalchuk getting a haircut.

So I went back to check to see how this round started. yankee said that the Devils were ranked too highly in a preseason ranking. That seems like a pretty reasonable place to start, "Hey what do you guys think of these rankings." "O, well it's stupid to rank the Devils that highly and they're probably just doing it off that playoff run rather than their long term outlook." Yeah, really bashing the Devs there....

They still aren't sold yet either. Unless the season is starting in Jaunary, even I'll agree it's too late to move them this year. Long term I still don't see them in Phoenix.

That's nice, and I see the Devils in store for a pretty major long term rebuild. It's a major issue in the division considering it significantly changes the dynamics....

There still isn't a CBA yet either. If the season starts on time, you can talk shit.

Still doesn't account for some of the ridiculous laying of blame you've put on the PA, but whatever.

It's not like GAF is the only place to talk hockey on the internet. Plenty of places to go and not have to be subjected to the same bullshit over and over again.

I'd still like to see where this "bullshit" is. (yankee excluded, I've already agreed with you he's off the deep end)

Osorio

Good for you the Devils almost won something since the league cracked down on trapping. Now you are a Devils fan, so you are a super casual who doesnt actually follow the sport, but I will let you in on a secret, the Flyers actually made it to a cup just 2 years ago so it isnt some horrible insult to post that pic or anything.

They didn't beat both the Devils and the Rangers to get there.

Osorio didn't say anything that wasn't true and/or reasonable. Not sure what got you guys so flustered.

Giving the fanbase credit for the Devils being "high revenue", though, was a bit sketchy.

Apparently mentioning "Devils" in here gets some Flyer fans ready to grab their pitchforks and torches. And Rangers fans join in just for the fun of it.

Osorio

I'm giving the fanbase credit because we exist. Their argument is that it doesn't. Unless I'm a fictional character or something.

I'm giving the fanbase credit because we exist. Their argument is that it doesn't. Unless I'm a fictional character or something.

No you just suck at financially supporting your team comparative to other fanbases. Again, nothing controversial here. You guys are in a shitty market placement. Congrats on existing. Coyotes fans exist too.

Osorio

Hey, I'm the first one to say that the Devils were the better team in our series. No excuses. But losing Parise is going to hurt a lot more than their fans are letting on. Playoff team? Yeah. A repeat of last season? nah.

So when did I say we were gonna repeat last season? Hockey news had us at 11th. I think we're a bubble playoff team.

Not sure what your point is with this, I am not the one complaining about what people post in here. I dont want to just read people blowing kisses to my team, that would be crazy boring.

Also fuck Ilya, and fucking his haircut. :)

Tabris

Don't feed the troll!

Not trolling. I really do think you can't associate post-2004 with pre-2004 as the conditions to win the Cup are different now. You can't buy it and it's incredibly hard to stay at the top with the current system. When you require a capalogist to remain competitive now, it's a different kind of game.

Osorio

No you just suck at financially supporting your team comparative to other fanbases. Again, nothing controversial here. You guys are in a shitty market placement. Congrats on existing. Coyotes fans exist too.

We have 1,600 new season ticket holders this year. Some of it has to do with the playoff run but it's just more of the fact that our fanbase is growing up. I'm 22 and a HUGE portion of the Devils fanbase is just like me, fresh out of college. The Rangers had generations of fans before we dropped our first puck. It's the same situation as Ottawa's fanbase being fractured due to it's proximity to Montreal and Toronto. It'll get better over time.

Marvie_3

Banned
Comparing the Devils to the CoyoteS? Now who went off the deep end. ;)

Not sure what your point is with this, I am not the one complaining about what people post in here. I dont want to just read people blowing kisses to my team, that would be crazy boring.
You guys just need some new material is all. Making fun of them for losing in the Finals or Parise bailing for Minnesota are still fresh. Try those for awhile and see if you like them. :D

Also fuck Ilya, and fucking his haircut. :)
3p75g3.jpg

You guys just need some new material is all. Making fun of them for losing in the Finals or Parise bailing for Minnesota are still fresh. Try those for awhile and see if you like them. :D

I totally started with the Parise thing. I am trying to work in new stuff.

3p75g3.jpg

We like the classics.

Osorio

I was waiting for that to be posted. Kovy destroyed him.
Anyways, sorry about flyers-gaf giving your fan base a hard time. Anyone hear any good Coyotes jokes lately?

During hockey season I have to do this in real life all the time. It's part of being from Jersey.

Top Bottom