• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Osorio

I do love the underrating of Parise by Devil's fans now. It's fantastic.

I think he's a great player. He's only one player though.

needed OT in games 6 and 7 to beat a weak Panthers team in the playoffs. The Devils were a huge fluke last year and this year reality will come crashing down on them.

And the Panthers played some of their best hockey in that series. The Devils really underrated them, and gave up 3 3-goal leads in that series because of their arrogance.

Did you forget we handed the Flyers their asses after that series? The Rangers series was a fluke too? I'd like to hear this.

ZeroGravity

Did you forget we handed the Flyers their asses after that series? The Rangers series was a fluke too? I'd like to hear this.
To be fair, the Flyers were heavily decimated by injuries. The Rangers just came off two seven game series and were exhausted, not to mention couldn't score to save their lives.

Osorio

Or maybe some of us have hated that garbage franchise ever since they used the fucking trap to ruin the NHL. I dont give a fuck about the series last year, one team has a future and 1 team is on its way to being bankrupt and losing all 4 fans that are left.

I hope we find a new owner honestly. Our financial troubles have nothing to do with our fanbase and everything to do with arena debt. We're actually a high revenue team.

Osorio

To be fair, the Flyers were heavily decimated by injuries. The Rangers just came off two seven game series and were exhausted, not to mention couldn't score to save their lives.

And we lost in the Finals because Quick was a brick wall. I'm not calling that series a fluke.

Marvie_3

Banned
I hope we find a new owner honestly. Our financial troubles have nothing to do with our fanbase and everything to do with arena debt. We're actually a high revenue team.
Finding an owner for the Devils would be easy. Once the arena debt is gone, the Devils will be just fine.

ZeroGravity

And we lost in the Finals because Quick was a brick wall. I'm not calling that series a fluke.
I don't think the Devils getting there was a fluke personally, but in terms of recent years, I think they benefited from a lot of good fortune compared to most teams who get there. Now granted that's part of the deal - the Stanley Cup playoffs are as much a war of attrition than anything else - but they didn't have that same luck against a far better Kings team and were really exposed.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Holy shit our GM signed one of our best players a head of time?!?! Awesome news, interesting to hear the $$. Price, Gorges, Patches all with 6 year deals, lets get Subban on the 6 year train.

Osorio

I don't think the Devils getting there was a fluke personally, but in terms of recent years, I think they benefited from a lot of good fortune compared to most teams who get there. Now granted that's part of the deal - the Stanley Cup playoffs are as much a war of attrition than anything else - but they didn't have that same luck against a far better Kings team and were really exposed.

And they scored 3 goals on a bullshit boarding penalty in Game 6 effectively ruining our chances right then and there. If the playoffs were made of single elimination contests I'd understand the fluke argument but that's not the case.

Cactus

Banned
I think he's a great player. He's only one player though.

And the Panthers played some of their best hockey in that series. The Devils really underrated them, and gave up 3 3-goal leads in that series because of their arrogance.

Parise, Sykora, and Ponikarovsky combined for 146 points last season, and it's very unlikely that any internal replacements will come close to matching that. Plus, the already old veterans are a year older, and Clarkson probably won't score 30 goals again this year with Parise gone.

Osorio

Parise, Sykora, and Ponikarovsky combined for 146 points last season, and it's very unlikely that any internal replacements will come close to matching that. Plus, the already old veterans are a year older, and Clarkson probably won't score 30 goals again this year with Parise gone.

Clarkson and Parise weren't on the same line. Sykora still might come back. I will miss Ponikarovsky though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Would you guys shut the fuck up already. This constant "shit all over everything about the Devils" every time someone talks about them is so tiring. We're well aware that Henrik and Flyers-GAF are salty as fuck that the Devils have won 3 Cups since '95 and rehashing the same "lolfanbase lolbrodeurisold" bullshit is pathetic.

Would you guys shut the fuck up already. This constant "shit all over everything about the Devils" every time someone talks about them is so tiring. We're well aware that Henrik and Flyers-GAF are salty as fuck that the Devils have won 3 Cups since '95 and rehashing the same "lolfanbase lolbrodeurisold" bullshit is pathetic.

Marvie loves the Devils

Osorio

LOL!!!! You are kidding right? Last year the team value was down 17%, since 2008 the Devils went from 10th in team value to 20th, their operating income for last year was -$6.1m. What a high revenue team! http://www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/#p_2_s_a0_

Revenue - The amount of money that a company actually receives during a specific period

Operating Income - The amount of profit realized from a business's operations after taking out operating expenses

Like I've never heard these arguments before.

Why do you care? Just skip the posts or put us on ignore. Its not like there is anything else to talk about and I bet if some Red Wings fan was in here spouting nonsense you would be the first to point out how wrong he was.

Osorio

It's really boring. Especially when they keep on talking, and we keep on winning :)

Osorio

628x471.jpg

What up.

Good for you the Devils almost won something since the league cracked down on trapping. Now you are a Devils fan, so you are a super casual who doesnt actually follow the sport, but I will let you in on a secret, the Flyers actually made it to a cup just 2 years ago so it isnt some horrible insult to post that pic or anything.

Marvie_3

Banned
Why do you care? Just skip the posts or put us on ignore. Its not like there is anything else to talk about and I bet if some Red Wings fan was in here spouting nonsense you would be the first to point out how wrong he was.
Why would any Devils fans bother to come in here when they constantly have to put up with the same 3 or 4 people repeating the same dumbass arguments every fucking time their team gets mentioned? A salty Flyers-GAF/Henrik circlejerk doesn't do anything to encourage hockey talk. Sports-GAF was blasted for being insular communities. Shit like this is why.

Good for you the Devils almost won something since the league cracked down on trapping. Now you are a Devils fan, so you are a super casual who doesnt actually follow the sport, but I will let you in on a secret, the Flyers actually made it to a cup just 2 years ago so it isnt some horrible insult to post that pic or anything.

:lol Holy shit. Generalize much?

Socreges

Banned
We're actually a high revenue team.
NJ is something like 24th in terms of revenue generated by ticket sales, btw. Do you guys just eat more hotdogs or something?

Osorio, how does the hate for the Devils from a select few have anything to do with being "insular"?

Tabris

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/08/13/grange_nhl_cba_negotiations/

I need to find to find a new hobby for next year, season going down the toilet for sure.

This is garbage. I knew Donald Fehr would be horrible. BASEBALL IS HORRIBLE. When you take a team like the NY Yankees and a team like the Toronto Blue Jays, they just don't stand a chance as if you luck out with drafting and trading for a lot of prospects, by the time they start getting good, all the top teams will just overbid everyone else for their services.

I'm tired of these sports where everyone just wants to watch the same 6 teams dominate. Baseball, Basketball and then Hockey again? Fans of "dynasties" are ruining sports. I hope they don't touch football (American as actual football is even worse where you only have 3-4 good clubs in each league and it's only ever 100% competitive in international tournaments).

Why would any Devils fans bother to come in here when they constantly have to put up with the same 3 or 4 people repeating the same dumbass arguments every fucking time their team gets mentioned? A salty Flyers-GAF/Henrik circlejerk doesn't do anything to encourage hockey talk. Sports-GAF was blasted for being insular communities. Shit like this is why.

:lol Holy shit. Generalize much?

Because they're aren't any

ZINGGGGEEERRRRR

Really if this is what is keeping Devil's fans out of this thread then they need to get a thicker skin. Glad Office Marvie is here to lay down the law. It's safe to come out now Devil's fan, Marvie's got your back! Will there be any other teams that you will be defending in case somebody says something bad about them?

Top Bottom