• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

fallout

A2X3wQhCQAEGoZh.jpg

WHAT. IN. THE . FUCK.
ZpUUz.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I love how positioning is so much more important now, if you're cought out of position you're screwed and can't just catch up with a fast forward anymore, e.g.

Be a GM still has a few bugs in it though, I hope they fix that soon/at release.

wtf....always with the bugs and expecting them to fix it.

I kept getting mid season errors due to minor league team troubles or whatever and it always prevented me from finishing a season. EA never patched that shit...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wtf....always with the bugs and expecting them to fix it.

I kept getting mid season errors due to minor league team troubles or whatever and it always prevented me from finishing a season. EA never patched that shit...

Forcing you to use "best lines" every time uou have incorrect lineups is pretty significant and ruins all the line-work you do. (AHL only)

Also, Trading AI is weird for goalies at least, Buffalo tried to get luongo from me and they have Miller oO

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Allan Walsh said:
The players on the Mtl Canadiens have served the club and NHL with a cease and desist letter regarding the threatened lockout.

The Quebec Labour Board could rule the lockout illegal and invalidate it in the Province. The NHLPA is not a recognized union in Quebec.
Here's our chance at cup #25!

Smiley90

In all seriousness, what will happen if Alberta and Quebec deem the lockout illegal, but the rest of the league won't play? 82 games of Edmonton, Calgary and Montreal?!?

Smiley90

Maybe they will make the NHL pay their salary for that year?

Could they go play somewhere else and earn 2 salaries? Or would the be forced to NOT play, since they'd essentially be forced to remain with the team and get paid by it? Not sure how a full year without competitive hockey would be for players oO

So basically what I suggested in the last page.

They've been saying this since day 1. The owners won't do it. It's actually very common in most other industries.

That will never happen as the players will go on strike right before the playoffs.

NHLPA would love that, I wish they'd STFU about this, Fehr pulled this stunt before in baseball.

They could agree to a deal that says they can't do that while talks are ongoing to give security.

They could agree to a deal that says they can't do that while talks are ongoing to give security.

They could but I doubt it would happen.

I don't think more time will resolve this, the lines in the sand have been drawn, until someone blinks nothing will happen.

NHL doesn't want to play under the current CBA.

Cake Boss

Banned
The irony is that the players' union actually went to the Quebec Labour Board to become certified during the 2005 lockout, as certification would have prevented the NHL from using replacement players if the lockout lasted a second year. The NHL opposed the move, but when the labour dispute was settled, the NHLPA didn't pursue it any further. Now they might be glad they didn't.

LOL.

They could but I doubt it would happen.

I don't think more time will resolve this, the lines in the sand have been drawn, until someone blinks nothing will happen.

NHL doesn't want to play under the current CBA.

Right, but losing an entire season is a bigger loss. Everyone keeps saying "the owners will be fine" but they ignore them losing a season is still throwing away millions which is just dumb if what they gain isn't worth an entire lost season.... which it won't be.

Right, but losing an entire season is a bigger loss. Everyone keeps saying "the owners will be fine" but they ignore them losing a season is still throwing away millions which is just dumb if what they gain isn't worth an entire lost season.... which it won't be.

With so many teams losing money I think they gain more with a lockout and not have to pay the players.

The players will cave in eventually, they have a lot more to lose. Prolly by December.

With so many teams losing money I think they gain more with a lockout and not have to pay the players.

The players will cave in eventually, they have a lot more to lose. Prolly by December.

"So many" ?

Maybe Marvie will have better data on this, but my understanding is that isn't really the case.... and they're still paying a bunch of other operating costs during a lockout.

Cake Boss

Banned
The fact the players still havent moved away from the asking of 57% revenue sharing is insane. At least the owners moved from 43 to 46%.

"So many" ?

Maybe Marvie will have better data on this, but my understanding is that isn't really the case.... and they're still paying a bunch of other operating costs during a lockout.
Only 12 teams make money. Of which only 6 make real money.

http://www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/#p_2_s_d6_

I think only Columbus, Isles, and Phoenix struggle financially.

Perhaps Dallas too but only as of late.
:lol

You'd think a Devils fan would know a thing or two about struggling teams.

Osorio

Bottom 10 in operating income says otherwise.

We've made a profit 3 years out of 6 since moving to Newark. The three we haven't was the year we moved in for obvious reasons, 2010-2011 cuz it was our worst year in like two decades, and I forgot the other one.

Check your facts fellas.

Osorio

To he fair those stats are a year old. It would be interesting to see how NJ did after going to the finals and Phoenix with a deep playoff run.

Like I said, that number was from our worst season since the 80s. It probably would've been worse if it wasn't for the mid-season resurgence thanks to Lemaire taking over for MacLean too.

MacLean : 9-22-2
Lemaire: 26-7-3

Acid08

Banned
Top lines on the HUT team I just drew in the demo.

Hall-Malhotra-Havlat
Keith-Byfuckinatethewholebuffet
PPrice

Yes, it all gets worse from there.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Goddammit.

Why isn't Mass Effect 3 on this list?

This game is a gift that keeps on disappointing.
No one wants to play it with the way it ends.

Supersonic you should make this avatar when the season starts and the first penalty is called on the Leafs:

fwrXa.jpg

Top Bottom