• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lol the Glendale city manager (horatio skeete) has outright said he ain't signing the Glendale - Coyotes lease unless its reworked... It would be irresponsible of him, he says

Doan let the door hit your ass on your way out, jamison

High tides which would have led to drowning and the likes

That's awesome that you had a good time. I'm hoping for a rescheduling but they already announced that they wouldn't. But who knows
The Red Bull events are amazing. I went to the soap box derby here in Atlanta. Hot as fuck but a great time.

Cake Boss

Banned
What has this thread devolved into...

Hey bish,

When's hockey coming back? :(

NEVER!

ibt4sxmLX0ixDu.gif

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...+Oilers+Flames+owners+hold/7209787/story.html

The National Hockey League Players’ Association, in a move to prevent a lockout of the Calgary Flames and the Edmonton Oilers, filed a challenge Friday at the Alberta Labour Relations Board.

The Flames and Oilers owners are asking for permission to hold a lockout vote.

This is what the NHLPA is trying to stop.

The hearing will be held next week in Edmonton.

“The players are committed to finding a way to reach an agreement without a lockout,” Mathieu Schneider, the NHLPA’s special assistant to executive director Donald Fehr, said Friday, “and we are hopeful that the Alberta Labour Relations Board will assist in these efforts.”

Under Alberta labour law, the NHL cannot hold a lockout vote unless it has first requested a mediator.

Well that's an interesting twist.

Cake Boss

Banned
Just play another fucking year using the same CBA we have been using the past 7 years. then throughout the season figure out the new CBA. Seriously whats another season to the same last 7 seasons, where we saw the NHL make billions and player salarys double.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just play another fucking year using the same CBA we have been using the past 7 years. then throughout the season figure out the new CBA. Seriously whats another season to the same last 7 seasons, where we saw the NHL make billions and player salarys double.

LOLOLOLOLOL unions don't work like that.

ZeroGravity

Collective bargaining works the same way major assignments do in school. The teacher may give you an entire semester to work on it, but you're just going to end up doing most of the work the weekend before it's due anyway.

Collective bargaining works the same way major assignments do in school. The teacher may give you an entire semester to work on it, but you're just going to end up doing most of the work the weekend before it's due anyway.

That's what really pisses me off about this whole process. I remember some reporter asking Bettman about the CBA during the All-Star game and his reply was basically, "Oh, that thing? We'll start working on that in the summer, don't worry about it!"

calder

It's just human nature. Sure it's annoying but in situations like this neither side will be *truly* willing to make concessions until time is expiring and, likely, games are being missed. As a result, both sides usually think - with some justification - that they literally can't get the best deal without the imminent prospect of training camp getting missed or opening night being pushed back.

It's why I'm mostly indifferent to the process for as long as possible. I'm expecting the regular season to be impacted a bit but until then I don't want to waste too much energy getting excited about it. I'm mainly praying they either start the season on time or else miss a small number of games, anything but the awkward in between where the NHL tries to have a full 82 compressed with a short training camp and we all suffer through shitty hockey for most of the year.

Most of the game tonight was touch and go, but it ended pretty alright. I'm just glad we got the win and got off on a decent start to the season.

Nice to see Kesler pot in a goal early on and put that past him, and it's always nice to see the 4th line with some offensive contributions. Really liking how Garrison's playing, that shot of him is really booming. Good pick-up overall.

Just need to tighten up some of the mistakes tonight and we'll be able to stomp next game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really different. It's great, just a lot of adjustments to make, it takes some time to get used to the new skating engine.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I love how positioning is so much more important now, if you're cought out of position you're screwed and can't just catch up with a fast forward anymore, e.g.

Be a GM still has a few bugs in it though, I hope they fix that soon/at release.

Marvie_3

Banned
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2X3wQhCQAEGoZh.jpg[img]

WHAT. IN. THE . FUCK.[/QUOTE]
Hungry Hungry Byfugliens

[quote="KingHenrik30, post: 41922734"]meh. 6/10.[/QUOTE]
I imagine you're pretty excited about the lockout. You don't even have to make up an excuse to not watch Rangers games.

Socreges

Banned
I want a new CBA and hockey by October 6th, if only to see Byfuglien get embarrassed. Dude's got to be praying there's a lockout.

Can you add someone to the LTIR because of obesity?

Top Bottom