• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Solo

A2X3wQhCQAEGoZh.jpg

WHAT. IN. THE . FUCK.

Doesn't even look like an athlete anymore. Looks like an MLB first baseman.

Nice ^

Anyone else curious as to what the 2004-2005 GAF NHL OT would've been like? This offseason has been the most ludicrous I've ever seen this thread. Enjoyed every bit of it tbh.

Goddamnit. Gudbranson injured his shoulder in training may be out for four months. Upshall, Skille, Garrison and now Guddy. Shoulders are not kind to us.

We'll need Ellerby to step up. That leaves possible parings as Campbell + Kulikov, Kuba+ Weaver/ Strachan, Jovo+ Ellerby.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Goddamnit. Gudbranson injured his shoulder in training may be out for four months. Upshall, Skille, Garrison and now Guddy. Shoulders are not kind to us.

We'll need Ellerby to step up. That leaves possible parings as Campbell + Kulikov, Kuba+ Weaver/ Strachan, Jovo+ Ellerby.

You'll need ellerby to step up in CBA negotiations?

Cake Boss

Banned
Apparently that pic was taken in July on Dave Bolland's wedding. I wonder how he looks like now.

It cant be good for injuries, gaining ton of weight then trying to lose it in a month or so.

Merguson

Banned
The fact the players still havent moved away from the asking of 57% revenue sharing is insane. At least the owners moved from 43 to 46%.

Yes they did.

They reduced their share for 3 years then then it was a revert back to 57% in the fourth year (as an option).

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/cate...spx?path=cb8953c32d74b1f39e3f640a2828c302en01

Canadians, pretty good deal here for NHL 13 if you haven seen it yet. Courtesy of Mike Works from the gaming deals thread.

I can finally get rid of BF3 and not feel like I wasted too much of my money.

I have like three games on that list but I like all of them :(

Too bad RFD decided to spam FutureShop with Max Payne 3 copies. I would have gladly gave up that piece of shit game.

calder

Exact same thing Buff did last summer... well a bit beyond last year based on a couple of random pics. He must be really counting on an extra month. :p

He'll be double fisting diet pills and amphetamines again and in no time we'll have stories about the team being pleased with his fitness level for day one of camp
in December
*fingers crossed*

Fei

Strombone ‏@strombone1
The 4 food groups with Big Buff - Candy - Candy corn - Candy cane - Syrup #NHLSchool

I like Luongo so much more since he joined Twitter. :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh, sorry :( I just saw it as a top link on reddit, and I haven't really kept up on the news over the weekend.

Yeah no worries, we just jump on ANY news now here, we're desperate. Atm we're on big buff's form (see pic above)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Strombone ‏@strombone1
The 4 food groups with Big Buff - Candy - Candy corn - Candy cane - Syrup #NHLSchool

I like Luongo so much more since he joined Twitter. :lol
This is amazing....until Big Buff barrels into him in a game and breaks his spine

ShaneB

Well, there isn't going to be hockey for a while, but at least my lunch hour is saved! Hockeycentral@Noon is back on the air!
Of course, it would be nicer if they had ongoing hockey to talk about...

I'm building a house in the same neighborhood where Buff lives and had heard he likes to jog so had this fantasy that I'd go jogging with him. Looks like I gotta get that house done quick as he REALLY looks like he needs it!

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm building a house in the same neighborhood where Buff lives and had heard he likes to jog so had this fantasy that I'd go jogging with him. Looks like I gotta get that house done quick as he REALLY looks like he needs it!

You should probably just go wait by his front door. That's probably as far as he'll make it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
NHL has withdrawn its application for a supervised lockout vote with the Alberta labour board and it's hearing for tomorrow has been cancelled

So uhhhhhh

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
maybe they think it's not worth their time. Today Daly called the issues in alberta et al "A Joke"

My impression as well. They wanted to do it if it worked, but now the NHLPA would argue so they've decided to just not care about such a "detail" like the labour board.

Top Bottom