• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

The immature grandstanding helps no one.

It's hilarious how the PA's KoolAid has convinced them how poor and oppressed they are.

@BizNasty2point0: Fans. The players understand your frustration. But at the end of the day we are fighting for our futures, not yours. That's the reality.

"Fighting for their future" ? A bunch of them won't have a job to come back to when this is settled and they'll get even less.

Even more ironic when you consider who's been paying his salary past 2 years.

Osorio

Did the Rangers make any significant changes other than adding Rick Nash?

My boss wants me to write an article on how their team is out of luck putting all the pieces together and there might be no season. I just really don't see all the "pieces"

It's hilarious how the PA's KoolAid has convinced them how poor and oppressed they are.

@BizNasty2point0: Fans. The players understand your frustration. But at the end of the day we are fighting for our futures, not yours. That's the reality.

"Fighting for their future" ? A bunch of them won't have a job to come back to when this is settled and they'll get even less.

Even more ironic when you consider who's been paying his salary past 2 years.

Finally lost every ounce of respect I have for BizNasty. Didn't take much.

So is there a way me and someone in my XBL party can play on the same team against one other person (so it would be like we were both on the same console at home playing online against random people). I see that Online Team Play is the EASHL set up where you pick one position, but I'm looking for more over a versus kind of set up.

RC

Banned
If feel collectively we could come up with a CBA that would please both parties. Let's do it NHL-GAF, save the season. We're our only hope.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just heard Dreger say a player said "I would rather walk away from the game permanently then take salary reductions"

Sure you will unknown player.

Did the Rangers make any significant changes other than adding Rick Nash?

My boss wants me to write an article on how their team is out of luck putting all the pieces together and there might be no season. I just really don't see all the "pieces"

Pyatt, Asham and Halpern. Also a full season of Kreider. Complete top 6 and good bottom 6. There problem last season was scoring. They addressed that.

If there is no season it's bad for the Rangers. If there is a shortened season it's good.

Finally lost every ounce of respect I have for BizNasty. Didn't take much.

He's a moron. He wrote this earlier:

Paul Bissonnette ‏@BizNasty2point0
Question to the fans. If a company you worked for was making money and they asked you to take a 24% pay cut would you do it?

Yeah, because if you take a 24% paycut you wake up and still play a game for a living and will get by. If I take a 24% paycut I wake up and start looking for a second job. And yes I do take it because I'm happy just to be employed.

Osorio

Pyatt, Asham and Halpern. Also a full season of Kreider. Complete top 6 and good bottom 6. There problem last season was scoring. They addressed that.

If there is no season it's bad for the Rangers. If there is a shortened season it's good.

So how do you think the lines would look?

So how do you think the lines would look?

With Gaborik Healthy?

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Boyle - Pyatt
Asham - Halpern - Rupp

Girardi - McD
Staal - Straalman
MDZ - Bickel/Emminger

If Gaborik is out to start the season (which means no lockout so, yeah...) Then put Nash on RW and move Hagelin up there to LW1.
Weak link is the 6th d-man position which will probably be addressed by the trade deadline.

ShaneB

Just heard Dreger say a player said "I would rather walk away from the game permanently then take salary reductions"

So much for "the love of the game"

fuck this. I thought I couldn't hate a hockey personality more than Bettman, but every time I see Fehr on the mic and that smug look, I want to punch him just as much.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He's a moron. He wrote this earlier:

Paul Bissonnette ‏@BizNasty2point0
Question to the fans. If a company you worked for was making money and they asked you to take a 24% pay cut would you do it?

Yeah, because if you take a 24% paycut you wake up and still play a game for a living and will get by. If I take a 24% paycut I wake up and start looking for a second job. And yes I do take it because I'm happy just to be employed.

He's right in theory but what I always hate is they don't seem to equate it to the fact that they're playing a game and getting paid more than some of us will ever make in our lifetime.

It's hard to agree with you when your paycut means you'll get paid just under 4 million per year instead of being paid 5 million a year.

Marvie_3

Banned
He's right in theory but what I always hate is they don't seem to equate it to the fact that they're playing a game and getting paid more than some of us will ever make in our lifetime.

It's hard to agree with you when your paycut means you'll get paid just under 4 million per year instead of being paid 5 million a year.

Take 24% off the league minimum and you're still making $375k+. One season in the NHL at that salary and I could retire for life.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

It would be so hard for me as an owner to not just say, "OK. See you later."

It makes absolutely no sense. Players talk about how much they "love" the game and then would be willing to walk away and never play again instead of taking a pay cut? Please.

This was obviously put out by the NHLPA.

Hey guys don´t worry, we will still have Hockey. Actually the season starts in a couple of hours and I´m heading to the premiere. It´s the first real game since the Cup win, I can't wait! Hopefully they have some kind of special thing, the last time they won the cup I was so young that I can´t remember when they raised the banner.

SEL, Fuck yeah!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hey guys don´t worry, we will still have Hockey. Actually the season starts in a couple of hours and I´m heading to the premiere. It´s the first real game since the Cup win, I can't wait! Hopefully they have some kind of special thing, the last time they won the cup I was so young that I can´t remember when they raised the banner.

SEL, Fuck yeah!

Pfft, OHL starts next week!

I will actually go to a game this year though!

Marvie_3

Banned

SEL, Fuck yeah!

SM-Liiga > SEL ;)

Popped up in my news feed this morning. :lol

386135_345801215511834_1947256549_n.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
There needs to be replacement players..I'd hop on that shit.

Yep. The players do put there bodies on the line, but so do lots of people doing regular jobs and they don't make millions. And the bottom line is that they are playing a game in league, which wouldn't exist without the fans. And teams wouldn't exist without the owners. If half the teams were to fold that's hundreds of players without a team.

I do wish they could use replacement players from the minors. I think it would actually be fun to see a bunch of young guys battle it out for the cup. Plus if there was replacement hockey going on guys would cross in a second.

Cake Boss

Banned
I just wish some of the TV networks would pick up the AHL games. There is free time slots available now and the league would benifit from the exposure. Seems like a win win.

ShaneB

I just wish some of the TV networks would pick up the AHL games. There is free time slots available now and the league would benifit from the exposure. Seems like a win win.

I'm hoping Sportsnet extends their CHL coverage beyond just the Friday night games they were showing last season.

Top Bottom