• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Cake Boss

Banned
Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector

Fehr says players asking for 67% would be equivalent to today’s offer from owners. Good times, clearly union is thriuh

"HEY GUYS! TAKE 50% WITH OLD HRR!"

"that's like us asking 67%"

I HAVE NO LIMIT TO MY ANGER

Show me your rage.

But yeah the NHLPA is just being childish right now, they dont even look like they are trying.

Alucard

Banned
Guess I will save money not buying Gamecenter this year, I was looking forward to using on the Xbox too. I will also have additional 160+ hours to play videogames, read, etc. Good times?

That's the best way to look at it.

Yay for more time with my wife, child, and my Star Wars books! Woo!

Marvie_3

Banned
Guess I will save money not buying Gamecenter this year, I was looking forward to using it on the Xbox too. I will also have additional 160+ hours to play videogames, read, etc. Good times?
Good thing your wife doesn't read GAF or she'd be pissed about being relegated into the "etc" category behind books and video games.

If she does I hope you get a merciless beating.

you should decide on NHL 13 or Borderlands 2 soon, because you're going to need it to last for awhile...
Just get both like I am.

Revenant

Just get both like I am.

znmiA.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Good thing your wife doesn't read GAF or she'd be pissed about being relegated into the "etc" category behind books and video games.

If she does I hope you get a merciless beating.

Just get both like I am.

:lol I better edit it just in case because there would be a merciless beating.

Also can't wait for Borderlands 2

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I want to get Borderlands too, but don't think I have enough time with that + NHL 13 & Halo 4

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's kinda funny how both lockouts happen before a draft with a "generational" talent like Crosby/MacKinnon.

/conspiracy

calder

Watching game 2, and seeing Gretz give a soviet Dman a few wacks only to have Lemieux bull in to push the Russian away like an enforcer brought a tear to my eye.

Socreges

Banned
Watching game 2, and seeing Gretz give a soviet Dman a few wacks only to have Lemieux bull in to push the Russian away like an enforcer brought a tear to my eye.
Seriously, that was awesome.

Lemieux made this awesome move moments before through two defenders, shot it through the goalie's legs... about an inch wide. Never seen that before, but if it'd gone in we'd have been seeing it on every highlight reel of his. That's the best part about watching this for the first time (I saw it, but I was just a few years old). All these flashes of brilliance that I'd never seen before.

I'm shocked that the NHLPA is dumb enough to think that the league will be popular enough to support their salary demands if it goes up to a year and a half worth of lockout.

I'm shocked that the NHLPA is dumb enough to think that the league will be popular enough to support their salary demands if it goes up to a year and a half worth of lockout.

PA doesnt care about the league, only their paychecks.

Fehr is as bad as I thought he'd be and he's just getting started. Players are really dumb to follow him off the cliff, you'd think they'd have learned from the last lockout.

Looks like I need to get NHL13 if I want any NHL hockey this year.

Wow.

The trade value system for GM Mode is absolute shit.

Bieksa and Booth are worth just slightly more than Derek Joslin.

While Burrows, Higgins, Lapierre, Malhotra, Hansen, Tanev, Garrison and Jensen are all worth significantly less.

TIL Derek Joslin is a high coveted defenseman.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wow.

While Burrows, Higgins, Lapierre, Malhotra, Hansen, Tanev, Garrison and Jensen are all worth significantly less.

Joslin's the future, clearly.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
PA doesnt care about the league, only their paychecks.

Fehr is as bad as I thought he'd be and he's just getting started. Players are really dumb to follow him off the cliff, you'd think they'd have learned from the last lockout.

Just note the player text I pasted in here

Average player salary in 1992 was 250k

Which roughly translates to 550k in 2012 dollars (adjusted for inflation)

Which is less than 25% the salary players make today

Also note one of my prior posts how a single lockout of an entire season and continuing being paid 57% with declining revenue after a locked out season is worse than 48% and increasing revenue. Even at flat rate in 6 years they would have earned more money at the lower percentage. That's 1/3 of a players career, or 1/8th if you're a clone of Chris chelios

League health has a direct effect on fan support, franchise health has a direct effect on fan support. Stability is FAR more important than saving 12% of your grossly inflated salary

As I've said here before... If the league was in a state of constant good health... It would have a snowball effect on revenue and profit. It's in the young players best interest to have the lower % than the higher % as long as they maintain it. If Nashville or Florida can't afford to properly advertise their stuff and blanket their market, how does that help the players in the end? It's leaving money at the table. Arguably a fuck ton more money at the table.

NHLPA should have accepted today's offer but then said let's evolve both from your proposal to protect bottom lines, and then fix revenue sharing to ensure every % of the share is used. And every dollar not tied to contract is split between NHLPA members in the end. Bam. This way it ensures that the entirety of the player is share is spent and can act as a buffer in lieu of escrow

Agree on the share, work on the behind the scenes bullshit and make yourselves richer than you could have ever imagined.

The immature grandstanding helps no one.

Wow.

Yeah, they have Smith's value and potential extremely low which is funny when he is our number one prospect and has a good chance of becoming a solid top pairing defenseman.

Top Bottom