• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

calder

Wait.

Why the fuck would he be banned for that? How is something SFW enough for newspaper distribution is considered NSFW enough here for a ban?
He was just trolling the NBA thread for no real purpose. Like a textbook hit from behind targeting the head, it was an easy call for the mods to make.

Revenant

Wait.

Why the fuck would he be banned for that? How is something SFW enough for newspaper distribution is considered NSFW enough here for a ban?

my guess is because a bunch of people in the NBA thread were "WTF man some of us are at work!" or something to that effect. That and we were outside our community borders. Strangers in a Strange land we were.

Not to bring it up again, but I find the argument on how this was about NBA players being weak and it turned into so called every burn being about how no-one watches the NHL, I mean was that really their only comeback to everything or what? Guess they couldn't think of anything else to come up with apparently. Anyways, all that matters is that hockey is easily the superior sport for myself and many others. Now bring on the draft and free agency!!!

my guess is because a bunch of people in the NBA thread were "WTF man some of us are at work!" or something to that effect. That and we were outside our community borders. Strangers in a Strange land we were.
That is the most bullshit excuse. SHIT MAN, OUR BOSS MIGHT CATCH US LOOKING AT NUDIE PICTURES WHILE NOT DOING WORK AND BROWSING GAF.

Revenant

Not to bring it up again, but I find the argument on how this was about NBA players being weak and it turned into so called every burn being about how no-one watches the NHL, I mean was that really their only comeback to everything or what? Guess they couldn't think of anything else to come up with apparently. Anyways, all that matters is that hockey is easily the superior sport for myself and many others. Now bring on the draft and free agency!!!

Frankly the whole thing went from what was meant to be a small joke from BWG to this

10409780_gal.jpg

"Boy, that escalated quickly"

and honestly I have no idea how or why :lol

Judging from Blackace's comments, it was just for coming into their thread to troll, even though it was richly deserved. He warned the NBA guys not to come in here lest more bans be dispensed. The Kesler shot was ok and SFW.

I don't get the ice soccer joke. Would basketball be hand soccer then?

Cake Boss

Banned
Judging from Blackace's comments, it was just for coming into their thread to troll, even though it was richly deserved. He warned the NBA guys not to come in here lest more bans be dispensed. The Kesler shot was ok and SFW.

I don't get the ice soccer joke. Would basketball be hand soccer then?

Americans only watch sports that they are good at, that's the only reason why hockey and Soccer aren't popular. Its not because they find it boring or its too violent, fuck if they could stand to watch a 4 hour baseball match, the NBA and football then they could watch a sport about people flicking shit at each other.....oh sorry thats already Basketball.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can we all take on a few hours/a day and he'll be back on friday? I'm serious.
It'll never happen. Socreges will be fine, I think he can survive a week without Gaf, you're probably more upset then he is. He went out in the best way possible.

Fei

If Soc got banned just for posting Naked Kesler.. lol. Then there really is a different set of rules in here.

Anyway, congrats to Evilore on the Hart Trophy tonight.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think you mean 6+ days. A week constitutes 7 days, and seeing as how he was banned for 7 days less than 7 full days ago, you'd actually be correct in saying 6 ;)

The part of Socreges will be played by Mike Works
That's like a summarized version of a Socreges post. You need at least 3 more paragraphs or 20 more sentences, whichever ends up longer.

calder

Bah. It's not like the injury was that bad. They were only down for a few minutes.
Just because NBAGAF was up and posting and making gifs the next shift doesn't excuse the predatory nature of the trolling. I think the ruling on the ice was deserved and I'm glad the mods made the call, it was getting a little crosby vs giroux game 3 in there. :/

Frankly the whole thing went from what was meant to be a small joke from BWG to this

[IM]http://www.thefilteredlens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/10409780_gal.jpg?w=150[/IMG]

"Boy, that escalated quickly"

and honestly I have no idea how or why :lol

It went from something that should have been laughed at or lost in the shuffle of daily posts.....but no one accounted for Vire...no one ever accounts for Vire. In case you guys didn't know he was laughed off of gaf last year, everyone assumed he'd never come bacl and slowly he crept back in under a different name. Hence his tag.

Its not because they find it boring or its too violent, fuck if they could stand to watch a 4 hour baseball match, the NBA and football then they could watch a sport about people flicking shit at each other.....oh sorry thats already Basketball.

Don't diss the 11 good minutes of NFL grid iron, CB.

Red_Man

Haha fucking awesome! Even though Pacioretty deserved the award, Penner shows why Lupul was a great nomination too.
An interesting point I saw on twitter, but Lupul played 54 games the year before this one so why was he eligible for a nomination? Not to take away from what he did, I'm just unaware of the exact prerequisites for a nomination.

An interesting point I saw on twitter, but Lupul played 54 games the year before this one so why was he eligible for a nomination? Not to take away from what he did, I'm just unaware of the exact prerequisites for a nomination.

Thrown under the bus, played hurt, salary dumped, written off........

Quick

Banned
Haha fucking awesome! Even though Pacioretty deserved the award, Penner shows why Lupul was a great nomination too.

I'm being a homer, but Lupul's definitely my pick for it. Going from being injured, to possibly not being able to play again, to coming back, to being traded, to becoming an All-Star (alternate captain, too) is a huge accomplishment. In any case, I'm glad Lupul's still playing, and even better, for the Leafs.

On another note, Penner's doing a little repair work:

@Dustinpenner25 said:

@Dustinpenner25 said:

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It'll never happen. Socreges will be fine, I think he can survive a week without Gaf, you're probably more upset then he is. He went out in the best way possible.

I'm not upset, I'd just love his input/feedback on draft day/draft day trades, since he admittedly knows a lot more about hockey/the Canucks than I do :p

Red_Man

Thrown under the bus, played hurt, salary dumped, written off........
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, just don't understand how he was nominated this year, when he played last year as well. If he won I would have been fine with it, obviously I wanted Patches to get it. They both had amazing comebacks.

Quick

Banned
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, just don't understand how he was nominated this year, when he played last year as well. If he won I would have been fine with it, obviously I wanted Patches to get it. They both had amazing comebacks.

Lupul played almost every game last season, but that's a huge accomplishment considering what he went through prior.

At the end of the day, both of them being back and playing are what matters. Being successful is a bonus.

Red_Man

Lupul played almost every game last season, but that's a huge accomplishment considering what he went through prior.

At the end of the day, both of them being back and playing are what matters. Being successful is a bonus.
True, and soon they'll have some studs to join them ;)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Red_Man

We've been pretty mellow since we've known we would both have top 5 picks, and the way the Habs season went we know how they've felt for the last while. Once next season starts though it's back on. Years of comparing our draft picks from this year await Gaf.

Quick

Banned
Our war with NBA Gaf brought Habs and Leaf fans together.WTF is this shit.

Old rivalries must be put aside for the betterment of all.

Well, until next season. And like Red Man said, years of "our draft pick is better than yours."

And my own GIF got some of their panties in a bunch again. Naked men are apparently scary in NBA-GAF.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ours is a friendly intense box stretching rivalry. NBA vs NHL is a full blown sport and forum war.

Where are Manics and Forza to save us by making ban bets to troll em? (rhetorical)

Top Bottom