• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Solo

I predict the Habs will start on the road as always (though they request this) and have their annual December roadtrip of death.

11 Oct 2012 Senators Canadiens

19 Dec 2012 Canadiens Senators
20 Dec 2012 Canadiens Capitals
22 Dec 2012 Canadiens Maple Leafs
27 Dec 2012 Canadiens Lightning
28 Dec 2012 Canadiens Panthers
31 Dec 2012 Canadiens Hurricanes

Well, I was wrong about Habs starting on the road again, but right about dat patented December road swing, ender of many Habs' seasons playoff hopes.

I just realized with Twitter down all my Canucks sources are inaccessible.

Plenty of Canadian teams playing the Canucks on Saturday.

Sat. Dec. 29 should be awesome. Bruins vs. Canucks. First visit for Boston since Game 7.

ZeroGravity

Glad the schedule is far more fairly balanced this year for us. Tampa got killed with so many road games at the start of the season last year. The NHL also managed to schedule Lecavalier's 1000th game at home, so kudos to them.

Cake Boss

Banned
Some tweets

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Nash's agent, Joe Resnick will meet with CBJ gm Scott Howson this afternoon. Have to think he encourages a trade.

This has to spell Ottawa, why would he have to encourage a deal to SJ/Philly/NYR when he already said he wants to go there.

The buzz in Pittsburgh so far. The Ottawa Senators are serious players in the Rick Nash sweepstakes. Might be between OTT, PHI and NYR.

AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports
The price for Nash is steep. Might take Lehner or Bishop, Zibanejad, Foligno, Wiercioch AND their 2012 1st rounder

18494-oh-noo.jpg

Oh no Murray say it aint so. PULL THE FUCK OUT!

Solo

Who the fuck in their right mind sells the farm for Nash when Ryan, Kane and Staal might be in play and Parise is UFA?

Madness.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Who the fuck in their right mind sells the farm for Nash when Ryan, Kane and Staal might be in play and Parise is UFA?

Madness.

Judging by those tweets apparently Ottawa. :p

But naah, no way they do that deal. I don't think Ottawa is that silly.

Solo

If ANY of those guys could be had, I'd be pushing for Ryan first, Staal second, and Patty Kane third. Nash never.

Cake Boss

Banned
If ANY of those guys could be had, I'd be pushing for Ryan first, Staal second, and Patty Kane third. Nash never.

Ryan for sure I agree with you there. But for our team Staal wouldn't make too much sense as we're good already on the center position and he wants to only play as the #1 guy. Kane though errr what happened a couple of years ago here with Heatly, Emery and Redden, I don't think they go for Kane.

But yeah Ryan >>>>> Nash.

Cake Boss why do you have to post such NSFW images here :p my eyes !

Howson is still playing hardball, no one will give him that much. Look back to what high profile players with a huge salary got that requested a trade. Washington got Anson Carter for Jagr :lol

Dreger said everytime in on Nash is trying to get Ryan.

Personally I'd rather get Bobby Ryan.

Silexx

Look, I'd take Bobby Ryan on my team in a heartbeat, but he's benefited largely from being on a line with Getzlaf and Perry. Nash has accomplished his achievements without any legitimate 1st line line mates.

Nash is, in my books, the better player or at least the better fit for the Sens.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Some tweets

This has to spell Ottawa, why would he have to encourage a deal to SJ/Philly/NYR when he already said he wants to go there.

18494-oh-noo.jpg

Oh no Murray say it aint so. PULL THE FUCK OUT!

Nash isn't worth that much.

Silexx

but dat cap hit/age

It is pretty big, but I think the Sens have to be wiling to take on that cap hit to get a guy of Nash's caliber. Mind you, I'm not saying that Nash is necessarily worth his contract (but what is he worth then?) but if Nash is to become a Senator, we have to accept that he's coming attached to that hefty contract.

Solo

Well, I guess all that matters is what your team can live with. None of these guys are coming to Montreal (sadly), but I would sell the farm to land Ryan. Him and Patches on the wings on the top line? Great googly moogly.

It is pretty big, but I think the Sens have to be wiling to take on that cap hit to get a guy of Nash's caliber. Mind you, I'm not saying that Nash is necessarily worth his contract (but what is he worth then?) but if Nash is to become a Senator, we have to accept that he's coming attached to that hefty contract.

Anyone who acquires Nash is doing Columbus a favor by taking that contract. Howson is just trying to rip someone off because if he doesn't hit a home run he'll be at the unemployment office shortly thereafter.

The guy has got 2 40 goals seasons under his belt with the freaking Blue Jackets.

His stats have been trending downwards the last few years. Maybe he'd hit 40+ here, maybe not.

That's the risk as well as his cap hit might screw us over in the future when we have to resign our own guys.

Sanjuro

They're redoing the upper bowl to match the lower bowl they did last year.

200s section and up is getting gutted and redone, luxury boxes getting installed, etc.

Ah, I wasn't aware they only did a portion of the redesign.

I've still never had a trip to MSG.

Also, what did I say about Howson? He's trying to play chicken through the media.

At this point what happens 1st:

1) Nash Traded
2) Howson fired

Heretic

You guys need to leave Bobby out of this!

Like I've said before: Murray has always said that he'd listen to a good deal no matter who is involved. He's not shopping anyone around but if something nice comes up, he'll listen. Heck, I'm sure he's receiving calls regarding Perry and Getzlaf too. I'm almost positive he is.

Getzlaf for Parise is the only trade I'd be ok with. I'd have to burn my two Getzlaf jerseys though =(

Top Bottom