• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Solo

Mark my words Morgan Rielly will be pretty solid you guys wait and see.

I think it's a really great pick. Just not sure if it was a great pick for the Leafs. Like the Habs, they have desperately needed a #1 centre. They should have taken Grigs.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Forsberg and Grigs not in the top5, wow.

Also LOL burke "if i told you I'd have to kill you" about goaltender-search

Montresor

Well, I wanted Forsberg 2.

Well if he's a stud D it's a good pick.

I'm kind of floored by the reaction from non-Leafers though. He's the best player available according to Burke and their own scouts, and you dont ignore your own internal rankings based on positional need, not when you're drafting that high.

I'm mostly cautious because I don't know much about Rielly, I was just caught up in a Dumba and Gally hype train.

Solo

The only 2 remaining items of interest for me in the first round now are:

- who takes Malcolm Subban
- who takes Grigs

If Grigs slips out of the Top 10, I think history will show him as the steal of the draft.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Though I will say... It will be fun watching the leafs D play games with other teams forwards while they wait for the COMPLETE LACK OF SKILLED FORWARDS to find a seam by accident

MPW

man, i wanted forsberg

the force is not with us :(

thought for sure leafs would pick him

galenchuk (sp) ... i just hope he isn't a bust, so will he join hamilton bulldogs a year from now?

Solo

galenchuk (sp) ... i just hope he isn't a bust, so will he join hamilton bulldogs a year from now?

Nope, he's only 18. He either goes back to the OHL or cracks the big club in Montreal. Or, in the event of a lockout, he goes to the SEL.

Top Bottom