• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dredger saying that Nonis and Feaster are talking about Kipper, and that the Leafs would be interested in extending another year or two.

cube444

And some Flyer fans thought the idea of trading Couturier for him was ridiculous :lol he's playing his way onto the Sochi team right now.

Yep.

I remember driving by it last fall when I was doing some work in the area. Spent a lot of time at that Stone Rd mall and Starbuck's too. :lol

Some cute girls in Guelph due to the university.

Red_Man

Kipper sure as fuck wouldn't be

That has to be bullshit.

Bruce Arthur said:
Last thought from @DarrenDreger: understanding is Kiprusoff would be interested by Toronto, and open to a deal. Family not an impediment.

I remember driving by it last fall when I was doing some work in the area. Spent a lot of time at that Stone Rd mall and Starbuck's too. :lol

Some cute girls in Guelph due to the university.
I'm there all the time, wouldn't surprise me if we unknowingly walked past each other......Logan Couture is from here and has been down at some of the bars I go to as well.

Red_Man

It was an honor sharing Top 5 with you, Red_Man...
15 games left, we'll keep it warm up here for you my man

tumblr_lgmba2Mxx21qagu30.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Kipper won't show, this is all a ruse to bring down Luongo's trade value.

BELIEVE

Cake Boss

Banned
Why does Toronto even want an over the hill goalie on the decline? For the playoffs? what would that say to Reimer if you cant even trust the guy in his first playoff series. Easily kills the kids confidence.

Montresor

Why does Toronto even want an over the hill goalie on the decline? For the playoffs? what would that say to Reimer if you cant even trust the guy in his first playoff series. Easily kills the kids confidence.

I'd be okay with it if Kiprusoff's contract ended this year. The Leafs are way under the cap. You could bring him in as a veteran backup, someone that theoretically could mentor Reimer. But the two-year contract is what kills my enthusiasm for any Toronto trade that involves Kiprusoff.

Spl1nter

I'd be okay with it if Kiprusoff's contract ended this year. The Leafs are way under the cap. You could bring him in as a veteran backup, someone that theoretically could mentor Reimer. But the two-year contract is what kills my enthusiasm for any Toronto trade that involves Kiprusoff.

Giving away any sort of asset is what bothers me about such a trade.

Tabris

I say we go after Thomas Vanek who may be available, if not, Ryane Clowe. Mike Gillis seems to think the Sedins can get Clowe scoring again.

lupinko

Yeah Nonis, I'd say you should try for Robesto again or hope the Loafs are not on Miller's don't send me there list.

Red_Man

I say we go after Thomas Vanek who may be available, if not, Ryane Clowe. Mike Gillis seems to think the Sedins can get Clowe scoring again.
You literally have nothing to offer Buffalo for Vanek aside from your Sedin sisters, but keep dreaming.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Kipper to the Toronto makes absolutely no sense.
- Kipper has been very bad this year. Like, historically bad.
- Kipper's 3.52 GAA ranks 44 out of 46 (only Brian Elliott and Scott Clemmensen are worse)
- Kipper's 0.873 save percentage ranks 44 out of 46 (only Brian Elliott and Scott Clemmensen are worse)
- Kipper has a $5.8M cap hit next year
- Reimer has played well (he's top 15 in save percentage)

For lulz, please let a trade happen!

Montresor

Kipper to the Toronto makes absolutely no sense.
- Kipper has been very bad this year. Like, historically bad.
- Kipper's 3.52 GAA ranks 44 out of 46 (only Brian Elliott and Scott Clemmensen are worse)
- Kipper's 0.873 save percentage ranks 44 out of 46 (only Brian Elliott and Scott Clemmensen are worse)
- Kipper has a $5.8M cap hit next year
- Reimer has played well (he's top 15 in save percentage)

For lulz, please let a trade happen!

The bolded is the clincher. Please don't let this happen.

Red_Man

This is quite immature. I would expect better from someone that lives in Montreal.
I don't live in Montreal. It's not surprising your reading comprehension is at the same level as your posting.

Merguson

Banned
Don't forget teams can retain salaries and/or cap hits.

EDIT: On Kipper, basically just to give the Leafs some experience and mentor for Reimer. They obviously don't see Scrivens as having a future in Toronto.

Depends on what we give up.

lupinko

Kipper's save % might have something to do with the team in front of him ?

Maybe, or he's just old and is done.

And in general Cujo and Eddie were not washed up when they got to Toronto, the Leafs were contending in the playoffs all the time with both.

Giguere was done when he got to Toronto, that's a better example.

Red_Man

How would I have read where you lived? But anyways, still quite immature.
Because it's on this page, but I imagine all you do is post and then read to see how many replies you get from your baits anyways.

Montresor

If he doesn't work out the Leafs can just buy him out. It's not like money is a problem.

I didn't think of this, hmmmm. I do think that the fervor over his bad statistics is greatly exaggerated. I agree with KernelPanic in thinking his statistics are more a product of his entire team than just his overall skill level. I just don't like the thought of him taking up cap space next year. Kiprusoff for only one year as a veteran mentor to Reimer doesn't seem so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom