• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
Marie Lehmann ‏@svtlehmann 34m
Carl Söderberg will not be released to the NHL, the Swedish Federation just announced.

Marie Lehmann ‏@svtlehmann 19m
"he's the best Swedish centerman and will be the cornerstone of Tre Kronor in Stockholm WC", Peter Forsberg (not THAT PF..) vice president

So they want him to play in the WC, seeing how the lockout has pushed the playoffs till June, he could miss it if the Bruins go far.

Any other year they would have probably let him go, as Kernal said they let Silfver go last season.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
cj7D28Q.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Saw this pop up on facebook from EA's official NHL page

532916_10151612774855996_1918198753_n.jpg

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/article/nhl-14-feature-reveal-teaser

NHL 14 Features Revealed April 15

Be sure to circle April 15th on your calendars as the first details regarding the features of NHL® 14 are revealed. This includes the first NHL 14 trailer and the game's release date. In addition to that, be sure to come back tomorrow (Friday) as we'll release the first screenshot from the game...because everyone loves a tease!

For the latest, make sure you’re following all of the EA SPORTS NHL social channels:

facebook.com/easportsnhl
twitter.com/easportsnhl
instagram.com/easportsnhl
youtube.com/easports
easportsnhl.tumblr.com

What do you want to see in NHL 14?

Cake Boss

Banned
Can't wait for the all new physics engine as a feature bullet point, which will essentially be the physics engine brought back from NHL 12.

MacAttack

payback for all the times Canada/USA clubs that has stopped our Juniors to participate in WJC. It's been atleast one high profile player that has been stopped for the last 3-4 years.

I wonder how motivated he will be to play for them knowing they cost him at least a half million dollars and the chance to play with a Stanley Cup contender heading into the playoffs.

But hey whats a couple of million and another year for an aging player who's never played a game in the NHL?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
They are going to remove the right-analogue stick control. Stick handle with the triggers or the PS4 touchpad

Why would they make something that only applies to one console? No way they'll put that much effort into it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
No next gen version till next year I'm guessing. Since the new systems won't be out till late October or November and the NHL games release in early September. Which is fine with me actually, gives them another year to get used to the hardware. Don't want another NHL 07 15 fps debacle.

Marvie_3

Banned
No next gen version till next year I'm guessing. Since the new systems won't be out till late October or November and the NHL games release in early September. Which is fine with me actually, gives them another year to get used to the hardware. Don't want another NHL 07 15 fps debacle.
They could have 3 years and they'd still be broken and lazily developed games.

Team specific Kinect voice commands. Example for the Canucks:

"Xbox Dive!"
If there was a way to yell at the refs with Kinect, every Leafs fan on the planet would own a copy of the game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
They could have 3 years and they'd still be broken and lazily developed games.

If there was a way to yell at the refs with Kinect, every Leafs fan on the planet would own a copy of the game.

Imagine yelling at kinect and then getting a bench minor. INTERACTION.

Howden's first game NHL game in his hometown. The kid has been getting better every game, I got a feeling he'll get one tonight. More Huby points won't hurt either.

Alucard

Banned
Interesting matchup between the Pens and Bolts tonight. Stamkos is only 6 points behind Crosby in the scoring race with 9 games left for Tampa, Letang is back in the lineup, and the Pens continue trying to build chemistry. Should be an intriguing game.

CREMSteve

1. I want to hold a button down + the stick to bodycheck. Eliminate the needless penalty calls when I am trying to one-time the puck.

2. Get rid of all the damn loading. Should be a seamless experience, think Burnout Paradise's online infrastructure. Right now, there are loading screens for loading screens, it's brutal.

3. Don't force me to create 5 separate players based on position. Keep it the way it is if you want, but give me an OPTION to have my changes/gear affect ALL of the positions, should I deem it appropriate.

4. Drop-in/Drop-out EASHL play. Someone drops out? AI takes right over. Someone pauses their game? AI takes right over. No more WAITING for EVERYTHING. They jump back in, and the AI drops out instantly.

5. Complete overhaul of the GUI. So many menus hidden within submenus hidden within more sub-sub menus. It's ridiculous.

Bring it on, next-gen hockey!! *drool*

I'll never forgot the version when they introduced stick breaking (maybe 12?)

The video was like 'NEW STICK ENGINE! CHOOSE A STICK! BREAK A STICK! GET A NEW STICK! DESIGN A STICK!"

That really sold it for me

MacAttack

Bruins lines in warm-ups:

Paille-Krejci-Horton
Lucic-Campbell-Jagr
Caron-Kelly-Seguin
Daugavins-Peverley-Thornton

Those lines look pretty ugly with Marchand and Bergeron out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom