• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Am I invisible?

Come out of that box you've been hiding from.

VRN3r.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Facebook had launched iirc but
  • It will have been 3273 days between playoff appearances.
  • Martin St. Louis won the Hart and Mark Messier was still playing in the league.
  • The best selling game was GTA San Andreas
  • Every Call of Duty game had yet to be released
  • The Da Vinci Code and the South Beach Diet were tearing up book charts
  • Usher's "Yeah" was the top single of the year so far
  • Kate Upton was 11
  • It had been less then a year since Bush's Mission Accomplished speech on the Iraq war.

Pretty sure the NHL hadn't even been founded yet. Least that's what I heard.

In what universe is Jimmy Howard worth 5.3 for 6 years? Ridiculous.

In this stupid universe apparently. Now to watch him collapse and suck and we miss the playoffs this year. Guess that means Flip is probably gone next year because if Holland gave Howie 5.3, Fil going to want close to that. This day sucks.

Edit: The length is the real problem I see with Mrazek coming up. 5.3 for 3 or 4 years would have been fine, 5.3 for 6 is a little too much.

pringles

:lol :lol
You can't be serious? He's a great goalie, we'd be nowhere near the playoffs without him this season.

In what universe is Jimmy Howard worth 5.3 for 6 years? Ridiculous.
Goaltenders that don't have a better save% than Jimmy Howard this year, and their salary:

Carey Price : 6.5 mil
Bryzgalov : 5.66
Fleury : 5.00
Luongo : 5.33
Lehtonen : 5.9
Cam Ward : 6.3
Backstrom : 6.00
Miller : 6.25
Quick : 5.8
Kipprusoff : 5.83

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Goaltenders that don't have a better save% than Jimmy Howard this year, and their salary:

So you're telling me that Howard is better then all of those goaltenders? LOL

The only goalie there I wound't take over Howard is Bryz, and maybe Fleury.

Var

You can't be serious? He's a great goalie, we'd be nowhere near the playoffs without him this season.

Yeah, but to be fair, most of those contracts are awful and the teams regret them.

pringles

So you're telling me that Howard is better then all of those goaltenders? LOL

The only goalie there I wound't take over Howard is Bryz, and maybe Fleury.
I'm telling you that unless Howard has the worst agent in the world, that agent will point towards those goaltenders and say this is how much he is worth. And since his numbers not only this year but previous years are comparable/better than those guys, what's Holland to do? Let him go and we're stuck with Gustavsson and Mrazek who probably needs atleast another year or two before he's NHL ready.

Howard's definitely an underrated goalie too. He's been pretty amazing this year playing behind the worst defense we've had in 20 years.

It was before 04-05 so it didn't count.

I really want to see Stamkos without St.Louis to see how good he actually is.

Wow

I'm telling you that unless Howard has the worst agent in the world, that agent will point towards those goaltenders and say this is how much he is worth. And since his numbers not only this year but previous years are comparable/better than those guys, what's Holland to do? Let him go and we're stuck with Gustavsson and Mrazek who probably needs atleast another year or two before he's NHL ready.

Howard's definitely an underrated goalie too. He's been pretty amazing this year playing behind the worst defense we've had in 20 years.

Mrazek will be a full time goalie after next year, count on it. Of course the Wings will keep him in GR until he is 30.

What?

How can ANYONE who was watching that game forget about that hit?

That was the amazing part about it, Sami got sent into the year 2085 and got back just in time to get back on the bench with a little help. Then moments later, bam Roenick.

Then... not long later... that AWFUL Fedetenko game... WHY DID WE EVER LET HIM COME BACK!

Stammer91

Neo Member
I really want to see Stamkos without St.Louis to see how good he actually is.

At first I thought you meant that he played for St. Louis and I was going to lose my shit. Now that I know you mean without Martin St. Louis feeding him passes, I realize you are just a regular on the HF main boards. Any sniper needs a setup guy, Stamkos is no exception. Will he be scoring 60 goals again without a great playmaker on his line? No. But he will still be a great scorer.

Tabris

It's a valid question. Crosby is able to destroy playing along side Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis. What would Stamkos do playing along side those 2?

We won't know until St.Louis signs somewhere else or retires.

Woooooooooooooo! Got the internship!

They lowered the contract length to a 1 month, but it'll be a paid internship now instead of an unpaid one.

It's a valid question. Crosby is able to destroy playing along side Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis. What would Stamkos do playing along side those 2?

It's a stupid question.
Stamkos is a finisher, Crosby is a setup man. Both play at the top of their class but neither would mesh as well with each others supporting teammates.

ZeroGravity

Stamkos played most of last season with St. Louis on a different line and still scored 60 goals.

If anything, St. Louis' production was that one that suffered without Stamkos.

Cake Boss

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMQWttz5khQ

He played most of the season with Purcell and Malone, with Gilroy on the back end.

Purcell ended up having a career year
StLouis ended up having his lowest year since 2005.

The only time he saw StLouis was on the PP.
If anything Stamkos is the one thats inflating a 38 year old StLouis's numbers, not the other way around.

Next time do some research before you talk out of your ass.

And Stamkos and Crosby are nothing alike, other than playing the same position and being from the same country they play nothing alike, one is a finisher and the other sets them up. If you want to compare Stamkos compare him to Ovie or Carter.

Stammer91

Neo Member

1) Crosby is the best player in the world

2) Stamkos is a sniper. Crosby is primarily a playmaker. Playmakers can play with anyone and succeed because they are, as their name suggests, a play maker. Snipers usually aren't the ones that create the play (few exceptions like Ovechkin and sometimes Stamkos). So playmakers can play with pretty much anyone and succeed (especially great ones like Crosby) but snipers need someone to set them up to get the gaudy numbers.

A better question would be what could Stamkos and Crosby do together?

Dear Habs/Leafs. I hope you two meet each other in Playoffs and battle to the infinity because I want to attend a Habs playoffs game in my life at least once and this might be the only time I can. Don't let me down!

How many of the playoff tickets/seats are reserved, btw?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dear Habs/Leafs. I hope you two meet each other in Playoffs and battle to the infinity because I want to attend a Habs playoffs game in my life at least once and this might be the only time I can. Don't let me down!

How many of the playoff tickets/seats are reserved, btw?

Do you have a spare car to sell for a ticket?

calder

Tonight we'll either throw dirt on the Jets season or take a small but important step to maybe making the playoffs. The extra rest the last week seems to have really helped the team, hopefully they can transtlate some rest + extra practice + weaker competition into a good streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom