• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
How long has this rule been in effect?

84.2 Overtime – Regular-season – Extra Attacker - A team shall be allowed to pull its goalkeeper in favor of an additional skater in the overtime period. However, should that team lose the game during the time in which the goalkeeper has been removed, it would forfeit the automatic point gained in the tie at the end of regulation play, except if the goalkeeper has been removed at the call of a delayed penalty against the other team. Should the goalkeeper proceed to his bench for an extra attacker due to a delayed penalty call against the opposing team, and should the non-offending team shoot the puck directly into their own goal, the game shall be over and the team that was to be penalized declared the winner.

Oh my.

They should make it that if you pull the goalie in OT and score, the other team doesn't get the OTL point, otherwise, there is no incentive to pull the goalie unless you suck at shootouts are the Leafs.

That would be a great change. The Flyers would pull their goalie every OT if not for losing the loser point.

Really? Nobody cares about You Can Play and the NHL becoming an official alliance?

Maybe I'm just careposting, but to me it seems like pretty big news for humanity and level-headed hockey fans.

Really? Nobody cares about You Can Play and the NHL becoming an official alliance?

Maybe I'm just careposting, but to me it seems like pretty big news for humanity and level-headed hockey fans.

Saw it yesterday and assumed it got talked about in the thread somewhere in the last few pages I haven't skimmed through. It's amazing news. I hope it gets more press (all I've seen on it was the initial announcement.)

Cake Boss

Banned
Ken Warren ‏@Citizenkwarren 12m
All signs point to Milan Michalek returning tonight against Devils

iw1o6tDukeqOo.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lupul participating in practice but in the no contact jersey. Still great to see. I'm sure he won't be back anytime soon though.

Also in odd news. Grabo not even at practice today.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I hope if we make the playoffs that Grabo turns back into the Grab from the last two seasons. :(

edit: Oh and yes absolutely loving what the NHL and PA are doing with You Can Play. Great work as always unless you're one of those coloured people. :p

Getting Michalek back now is huge, considered how much trouble we have scoring. Hopefully he'll stay healthy from now.

We've been playing shorthanded all year, it'd be nice to have something resembling our lineup at the start of the year.

Spl1nter

I hope if we make the playoffs that Grabo turns back into the Grab from the last two seasons. :(

edit: Oh and yes absolutely loving what the NHL and PA are doing with You Can Play. Great work as always unless you're one of those coloured people. :p

so the b in lgbt isnt for black?

Cake Boss

Banned
Getting Michalek back now is huge, considered how much trouble we have scoring. Hopefully he'll stay healthy from now.

We've been playing shorthanded all year, it'd be nice to have something resembling our lineup at the start of the year.

Now if we could get Cowen to replace Benoit we would be golden.

Merguson

Banned
Lupul participating in practice but in the no contact jersey. Still great to see. I'm sure he won't be back anytime soon though.

Also in odd news. Grabo not even at practice today.

He's dealing with some stomach problem.. apparently he's had it for the last two years..

Osorio

We gettin' killed tonight.

Our D parings

Henrik Tallinder-Marek Zidlicky; Peter Harrold-Adam Larsson and Andy Greene-Mark Fayne.

TUSR

Banned
He wasn't taking much damage from hits in that gameplay video. From some pretty big shit too. Looks like no easy mode because normal is easy mode.

I noticed that too, even with good gear he was barely in any real danger.

But...

"We understand that a lot of fans took the word 'accessible' and translated it to 'it will be easier'," he said. "We apologise for casually using the word".

From Software's true intent was muddled in translation. This time, Tanimura and Namco Bandai producer Tak Miyazoe are clear and precise with their words: "There's no intent for us to make the game any easier."

MacAttack

He wasn't taking much damage from hits in that gameplay video. From some pretty big shit too. Looks like no easy mode because normal is easy mode.

I noticed that too, even with good gear he was barely in any real danger.

But...

Demo-ing the game so I would assume his stats were max and some other cheats enabled (inifinite arrows on the demo shown).

I also seriously doubt that armor is a starting set, like the elite knight set in Dark Souls, it should be something that is far better than the starting sets in the game.

We keep losing and we still don't fall in the standings! It's awful! PICK IT UP FLA AND COL!

Yeah it is really frustrating. I keep checking the standings and we arnt moving. Hopefully the Flyers can lose out and the teams behind them can move ahead. We deserve the top pick after having to suffer through 2 years of Bryz.

So serious question for tonight, after I get back from playing hockey should I watch the Red Wings get violated by the Hawks, or finally play the Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC?

TUSR

Banned
Holy shit Tyler Myers broke his leg, guess he has to go sit back at home on his mountain of money and his hot girlfriend (
my friends sister
)

Clydefrog

So serious question for tonight, after I get back from playing hockey should I watch the Red Wings get violated by the Hawks, or finally play the Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC?

yeah I'd stay away from watching the game

If the Red Wings lose 8-0 again, then you have to replay all of Mass Effect 3.

Demo-ing the game so I would assume his stats were max and some other cheats enabled (inifinite arrows on the demo shown).

I also seriously doubt that armor is a starting set, like the elite knight set in Dark Souls, it should be something that is far better than the starting sets in the game.

Souls fans Solo themselves for easy deaths. I'd want someone up there ducking and weaving like a pro so the issue would never arise until the "deaths montage".

I'm not really gonna get on a soapbox about it. I'm not the biggest fan of the series, but history repeats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom