• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenant

He wasn't taking much damage from hits in that gameplay video. From some pretty big shit too. Looks like no easy mode because normal is easy mode.

It's not uncommon for developers to stack the odds in their favor/turn on God mode of they can demo a game smoothly..

Cake Boss

Banned
BHqqq12CMAAV1YA.jpg:large

k

Solo

New Habs' lines:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Ryder
Moen-Halpern-Prust

Markov-Bouillon
Gorges-Subban
Beaulieu-Drewiske

Poor Prusty. But I guess that's what happens when the team gets healthy. Ryder should benefit from some nice AGally setups.

Sens v. Devils in five hours:

Let the pissing match of who can be more sarcastically dismissive of their team begin.

I plan on being a little less sarcastic since we have Michalek back and we actually won last night. I am saving it for when our joke of a PP hits the ice.

Every game we play against NJ is a one goal affair that usually goes to OT/shootout so it's gonna be tense.

Yeah... but you don't have Gryba.

Gryba is better lately, poor guy is in way over his head with the minutes he plays.

With useless Regin out and now Kassian out for MM(I am assuming) we've got the least amount of scrubs in the lineup in what seems forever.

Now if we could get Cowen to replace Benoit we would be golden.

I'd prefer getting Spezza and Karlsson back so we don't have Turris pretending to be a #1C and Gryba not playing 10min more per game than he should be lol. Benoit is way better than Lundin so careful what you wish for.

TUSR

Banned
Got dam...he upgraded.

To be fair the pics I posted were from 2010.

Funny story. My buddy plays for Anchorage, and his sister is dating Tyler Myers. (The blonde)

The dad is a scout for Buffalo in Western Canada, and is the reason why Myers went 12th overall in that draft. Told Buffalo to take a chance on him.

My town is full of hockey players and their families. My neighbour 7 years ago is now married to Seabrook.

Weber lives next door to my Ex's boss, and ive played drop in hockey against him.

Iginla and his friend golf at my course and use my friends rink.

Countless weddings here too, list goes on and on.

Kinda impressive that Myers finished the game if it was the 2nd period blasts that did it to him.

Though first reaction when I saw the headline "Myers out for season" was that he has been out all season anyway.

Sabres have pretty much no one to call up. Traded away 3 NHL defensemen this year, Sulzer and McNabb already had season ending injuries. Rochester has several new guys signed to amateur tryouts to fill up space.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Not much info aside from the new pic

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/article/nhl-franchise-lookback

NHL14-first-screenshot-MTL-TOR-phaneufhit_WM_resized-656x369_656x369.jpg

Today, we are proud to reveal the first screenshot for NHL®14, featuring Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman and Captain Dion Phaneuf laying-out Montreal's Tomas Plekanec. This is just the start of things to come. On Monday, April 15th, we will be unveiling the game's feature set as well as the first official trailer.

The EA SPORTS NHL team, led by Producers David Littman and Sean Ramjagsingh, are so excited to announce those details and to deliver a gameplay experience that captures what makes hockey such an incredible sport: Speed, Skill, and Aggression.

CrankyJay

Banned
Kinda impressive that Myers finished the game if it was the 2nd period blasts that did it to him.

Though first reaction when I saw the headline "Myers out for season" was that he has been out all season anyway.

Sabres have pretty much no one to call up. Traded away 3 NHL defensemen this year, Sulzer and McNabb already had season ending injuries. Rochester has several new guys signed to amateur tryouts to fill up space.

The tank is back on, boys!

edit: Guessing hairline fracture...no reason to rush him back anyway, especially after that Kevin Ware accident.

Stet

Banned
Every time I watch the Rosehill-Hall-Lupul hit I get fuckin steamed.

Yeah, I understand that they're both legal hits, but look at that and tell me it's not dangerous and that at least Rosehill saw exactly what was going to happen.

Now he's out with a concussion and I'm stuck jerking off to the sad sack faces of Caveman Phaneuf and Phil fucking Kessel.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
New Habs' lines
These were the lines last night, Bourque looked like he hasn't missed a game, and I liked Ryder with Gally and Eller. When you have Prust on your 4th line, that's some pretty great depth. It's getting hard to manage expectations when the team is this deep and playing this well, hopefully the D holds up.

Holy shit Tyler Myers broke his leg, guess he has to go sit back at home on his mountain of money and his hot girlfriend (
my friends sister
)
Like Solo said he took at least 2 direct Subban slappers to the leg, I was surprised he got up so quick when he took them, doesn't surprise me their broken Subban hammered them.

Marvie_3

Banned
Really? Nobody cares about You Can Play and the NHL becoming an official alliance?

Maybe I'm just careposting, but to me it seems like pretty big news for humanity and level-headed hockey fans.
I was not awake when you posted that but it's an awesome thing.

The EA SPORTS NHL team, led by Producers David Littman and Sean Ramjagsingh, are so excited to announce those details and to deliver a gameplay experience that captures what makes hockey such an incredible sport: Speed, Skill, and Aggression.

They say this bullshit every year. :lol

They should try fixing the game one of these years.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
These were the lines last night, Bourque looked like he hasn't missed a game, and I liked Ryder with Gally and Eller. When you have Prust on your 4th line, that's some pretty great depth. It's getting hard to manage expectations when the team is this deep and playing this well, hopefully the D holds up.

Like Solo said he took at least 2 direct Subban slappers to the leg, I was surprised he got up so quick when he took them, doesn't surprise me their broken Subban hammered them.

It will be awesome if we get Diaz back just before the playoffs. PP should improve even more. Have Diaz and Beaulieu on the second unit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Yeah, I understand that they're both legal hits, but look at that and tell me it's not dangerous and that at least Rosehill saw exactly what was going to happen.

Now he's out with a concussion and I'm stuck jerking off to the sad sack faces of Caveman Phaneuf and Phil fucking Kessel.

Phil Kessel is a beautiful human being. You apologize right now!

Red_Man

It will be awesome if we get Diaz back just before the playoffs. PP should improve even more. Have Diaz and Beaulieu on the second unit.
When Diaz comes back Beaulieu will be out. Beaulieu looked really good last night, but it was agains Buffalo so you can't put much stock into it.

Curufinwe

Then you might want to stop watching it. It's not like his career is over.

Red_Man

Subban said:
It’s very easy now for people to speak positively about our team and about my situation because of the way we’ve played this season, but I don’t forget the people that said that I’ll never play in a Habs jersey again or that I’m selfish or that I’m greedy or that I’m confused. I’m thinking I’m a lot better than what I actually am.

I don’t forget those things, and maybe those comments and those people are the reason why we’re having such a great season this year.

I knew that after the negotiation was over I’d be back in Montreal, and I knew that it was only the beginning of my career and not the ending. I was very sharp in terms of listening to what certain people had to say in the media about the organization, about Marc Bergervin, about myself, about my agent, and I documented all those things.

And I don’t forget things
Love it, chip on his shoulder is just fueling him even more.

CCF23

God fucking damn it. My monitor died and literally the only monitor I can find in my house is a 15 year old (at least) Philips brick we (for some reason) had stored downstairs.

BACK TO THE STONE AGE.

Acid08

Banned
God fucking damn it. My monitor died and literally the only monitor I can find in my house is a 15 year old (at least) Philips brick we (for some reason) had stored downstairs.

BACK TO THE STONE AGE.
Sounds tough bro, I hope you can persevere somehow.

Red_Man

Loved Subban since day 1.

My top 3 Favorite Habs currently:

1. Subban
2. BGally
3. The Great Dane
Subban is my top but I have too many on the same level after that. Definitely going to grab a Subban jersey for the playoffs.

Red_Man

I imagine we will hear something on the Hot Stove on Saturday.
Stock was on montreal radio yesterday trying to down play Subban and saying he's going to have a hard time now because he'll have to play more PK and regular minutes with Emelin out even though he played like 26 mins a year last year with Markov out......guy is such a fucking tool, the radio host just kept shutting him down, it was pretty funny actually.

I absolutely love Subban.

Sucks though that the media is probably going to try to spin this in a stupid way.
The difference now is management understands what they have in Subban and will protect him instead of leaving him out to dry like Gauthier & Co.

BACK TO THE STONE AGE.

I've got a 24 inch LCD monitor sitting around doing nothing if you want it bro.

gaming_noob

I can already here PJ Stock salivating at the opportunity.

In Leafs news: James Mirtle thinks it shouldn't be too difficult to resign Macarthur but Bozak may be another story.

No thanks to MacArthur... I want to keep Bozak and move Grabovski to the wing in place of MacArthur...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom