• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subban gets relatively easy minutes 5-on-5, he is not playing against the opponent's best players and out of his 34 points only 11 are at even-strength.

Don't even mention him and Erik in the same sentence.

Subban is an execllent producer but he doesn't cone clise to the dynamic potential of Karlsson.

However neither of them are the best at shutdown un the league.

pringles

What was that stoppage in play with the Wings players raising their arms upwards??

Doesn't seem to be any penalties called, but they changed the Red Wings "0" into the number "1". Gotta search the rulebook for what's going on.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nice of the refs to let Drew Miller get away with two penalties on one shift.

And now a too many men penalty. Are you fucking kidding me?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
On the other hand Karlsson won last year so I guess I have no right to complain.
Ironic coming from a Sens fan, and this sounds exactly like someone who doesn't watch Subban play. He completely dominates defensively and dismantles teams forecheck by himself using his physicality and puck movement.

Subban gets relatively easy minutes 5-on-5, he is not playing against the opponent's best players and out of his 34 points only 11 are at even-strength.

Don't even mention him and Erik in the same sentence.
So you're saying he's not capable of playing those minutes? He played round 26 minutes every night last year with Gorges against all the top lines as well as being on the top PK and PP units and was a +8 during the Habs worst season in 30 years and a Habs team that was offensively crippled. The only reason he's not doing that this year is because we have the depth with Markov back, and because his points are on the PP it makes it not a big deal? LOL right.

pringles

Nice of the refs to let Drew Miller get away with two penalties on one shift.
Makeup for the blatant trip on Datsyuk that wasn't called earlier?

Not like you guys are going to lose regardless. ONE loss against the Central this season. ZERO losses to the Wings in 2 seasons. ONE MILLION points in the standings and clinched playoff spot.

Oh man, we really need a resident Columbus fan (LEEROY JEEENKINS), so this can become the official CBJ WIN gif (or, alternatively, Anisimov scores?)

AVz939m.gif

This man... is a hero.

Subban is an execllent producer but he doesn't cone clise to the dynamic potential of Karlsson.

However neither of them are the best at shutdown un the league.

I am not calling them shutdown D-men (they aren't) just pointing out the differences in their seasons. Traditional shutdown D-men (sadly) never win the Norris anyway.

Cake Boss

Banned
So you're saying he's not capable of playing those minutes? He played round 26 minutes every night last year with Gorges against all the top lines as well as being on the top PK and PP units and was a +8 during the Habs worst season in 30 years and a Habs team that was offensively crippled. The only reason he's not doing that this year is because we have the depth with Markov back, and because his points are on the PP it makes it not a big deal? LOL right.

Hes saying he doesnt produce much in those 5on5min, not play them.

Iam going to stay out of this.

I am not saying he isn't capable just that he isn't getting the top minutes right now(for whatever reason).

I am not saying it's not a big deal. Just that getting lots of points on the PP is nice. Getting lots of points 5on5 is much more impressive(for obvious reasons).

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hes saying he doesnt produce much in those 5on5min, not play them.

Iam going to stay out of this.
Karlsson is obviously better offensively but to say Subban's not even close like the towel guy said is a joke. He has the 5th most points for any player in the league since March. They're both top d men in the league with different styles. Subban has a much more physical aspect to his game while Karlsson uses his vision and passing more.

Cake Boss

Banned
Karlsson is obviously better offensively but to say Subban's not even close like the towel guy said is a joke. He has the 5th most points for any player in the league since March. They're both top d men in the league with different styles. Subban has a much more physical aspect to his game while Karlsson uses his vision and passing more.

I agree.

Well, that was bound to happen sooner than later. Allen wasn't fantastic, but this is what happens when you turn over the puck every fucking second.

Blow these lines up please.

I'm genuinely happy for them. Seems they finally have competent management.

When your past GMs are Doug MacLean and Scott Howson you've lost before the season even begins.

It's really exciting. It always was a positive experience at Nationwide, but lately there is a real sense of optimism that hasn't been felt since Nash first came all those years ago.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Datsyuk will try something normal and probably shoot it wide... Brunner will do something normal after failing hard on his last fancy move and probably score... Nyquist will just snap it and it'll be 50/50.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Well I was right on Pavel... that shot was going wide I think. But Brunner didn't go second and Z does and OMG HE ACTUALLY SCORED!

Merguson

Banned
Hey guys!

Guess what?

Toronto has officially clinched!!!

Toronto as in the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
That was terrible Nyquist.

Haha like Franzen was gonna score that, hahahahhahaha. OMG Babcock you are a moron. Should've put Filppula out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom