• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything exciting about the pacific division?

More active talent in that whole division than the Leafs have had in their lifetime.
Joe "Money" Pavelski has scored a goal making the score 3-0 against the Phoenix Coyotes in tonight's Pacific Division matchup. Raffi Torres and Thomas Wingels had the assists.

These "matter of factly" goal statements are awesome.

Haha. That's because our average ticket price is $87 while your average ticket price is $51 (NHL average is $61). It costs $400+ to go to the game in the lower bowl which you see on the TV for 2 people. Which filters the type of fans that can generally attend the lower bowl often. The top section is actually relatively fun in terms of fan atmosphere but not great for viewing the game.

Also Phoenix is in the Pacific division.

What does price have to do with anything? The more richer you are, the less into the game you are?

Went to the game tonight. Baertschi, Rinehart and Brodie all look fantastic. Hanowski look confused a lot but hey, a goal is a goal. Slow start but good game.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Hahahahahahahahaha

You don't even have a 1C hahahahahahahaha

Kadri3.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Laffs don't even have a center in the top 20 for assists, Thornton is #9. Jumbo is obviously an assists heavy guy which will drag down his point totals since he isn't and never was a goal scorer.

He's also six years older.

You arguing that Bozak is anywhere near the same level as Thornton is fucking hilarious.

But yeah only points matter.

I'm actually not, you're the one that wanted to bring up that comparison. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't exactly make your #1 look stellar.

Laffs don't even have a center in the top 20 for assists, Thornton is #9. Jumbo is obviously an assists heavy guy which will drag his point risks from.com since he isn't and never was a goal scorer.

Points don't matter but specifically assists do?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm actually not, you're the one that wanted to bring up that comparison. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't exactly make your #1 look stellar.

Kadri also has the same amount of points as Datsyuk. It's a stupid comparison.

Out of the top30 in scoring, Kadri has by far the LEAST amount of ice time. More than a minute less than the next closes. About 4mins less than the average.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Laffs don't even have a center in the top 20 for assists, Thornton is #9. Jumbo is obviously an assists heavy guy which will drag his point risks from.com since he isn't and never was a goal scorer.

and then the 2nd on your team for assists is #140

we have players at: 15, 25, 42, 67, 117, 125 and 129

2 Centers, 3 Wingers, 2 Defense

Quick

Banned
I bought a pair of Vans slip-ons today. I might buy another pair of all-black sneakers later for work.

I think I've gone insane.

Smiley90

and then the 2nd on your team for assists is #140

we have players at: 15, 25, 42, 67, 117, 125 and 129

2 Centers, 3 Wingers, 2 Defense

Chicago players are 14, 28, 43, 114.

Are you arguing that due to that, the Leafs are better than Chicago?

C'mon son.

Acid08

Banned
Also where the hell are you getting these numbers for Bozak? He had 26 points. Less than Jumbo and Couture, tired with Pavelski after tonight.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Chicago players are 14, 28, 43, 114.

Are you arguing that due to that, the Leafs are better than Chicago?

C'mon son.

No.

I'm just just showing how many players in the assist brigade are between the top two players of his team if he wants to use that as a metric.

For a center, yes, assist totals matter.

You're really making the argument that player x is better than player y because more of x's roughly equal amount of points come from assists rather than goals? That's a long walk for a short drink of water. I don't really think Bozak is as good as Thornton, but that you're trying to justify that using this seasons stats is funny.

Also where the hell are you getting these numbers for Bozak? He had 26 points. Less than Jumbo and Couture, tired with Pavelski after tonight.

And this is why I don't drink and board. I'll leave my folly up for everyone to see this way be dragons.

By the time I could navigate from Thorntons stats to Bozaks I totally forgot the number. Big time fail.

Acid08

Banned
The San Jose Sharks hockey club has defeated the Phoenix Coyotes by the score of 4-0. Antii Niemi records his fourth shut out of the season and Logan "Juicy" Couture recorded two goals in the game.

Quick

Banned

I think you mentioned the Vans slip-ons and planted the idea in my head.

iUTO8FM8utxbX.gif

I had to walk into a West 49 to find the pair, I felt dirty being in there. I initially was going to pick up both the slip-ons and the lace-ups, but I figure I'll stick with the slip-ons first and get the lace-ups later on.

Acid08

Banned
You're really making the argument that player x is better than player y because more of x's roughly equal amount of points come from assists rather than goals? That's a long walk for a short drink of water. I don't really think Bozak is as good as Thornton, but that you're trying to justify that using this seasons stats is funny.
You're the guy who can't even get simple fucking point totals right AND are arguing that similar total points make players comparable. Quit trying to change your argument.

Smiley90

Our 3C has more points than your 1C

Hahahahahahaha

He has three more points than Bozak. If he's one of the best in the league than the guy three points behind him is too.

I am so confused right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom