• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You can compare Subban to Karlsson all you want, but hes still not Karlsson.

Karlsson still a level ahead.

Subban is a very good dman, and probably deserves a Norris but until hes does what hes doing in 82 games instead of 36, and is outscoring every dman by 25 instead of 4, and untill hes leading his team in ice time and on his team's #1 pair then I will consider him being on Karlsson's level.
Did you even read any of it?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
RACISTS!!!!

NOT AT ALL

black-white-cats-kiss.jpg

zedge

New Zelda game looks sweet but the "link is a drawing" mechanic is stupid.

I'm going to wreck your town.

The dpad/bumpers need to be changed. Other than that, the 360 controller is perfect.

Also, wash your hands. :lol

Makes fun of us watching Doctor Who.. Plays animal crossing..

:lol

Smiley90

Probably a good idea. Better save than sorry. I swear the media is such a shitfest though. That on top of the Senate throwing out gun regulations (because background checks on online/gun-show-bought weapons is clearly too much) today is just making me more angry. Also saw this, though:

Deaths on April 15 by cause:
Terrorism: 3
Smoking: ~1190
Obesity: ~306
Alcohol: ~232
Toxic agents: ~150
Preventable medical errors: ~120
Traffic collisions: ~117
Firearms deaths: ~79 (~29 homicides)
STIs: ~54
Drug abuse: ~46

And yet we'll/the US will do absolutely nothing to improve health care or gun control, but will probably cut that budget again and put in some new NDAA-style regulations and spend another couple billion dollars on more military.

I could rant on forever but I don't wanna clog up this thread so I'll stop now. Gah.

TUSR

Banned
Probably a good idea. Better save than sorry. I swear the media is such a shitfest though. That on top of the Senate throwing out gun regulations (because background checks on online/gun-show-bought weapons is clearly too much) today is just making me more angry. Also saw this, though:

Deaths on April 15 by cause:
Terrorism: 3
Smoking: ~1190
Obesity: ~306
Alcohol: ~232
Toxic agents: ~150
Preventable medical errors: ~120
Traffic collisions: ~117
Firearms deaths: ~79 (~29 homicides)
STIs: ~54
Drug abuse: ~46

And yet we'll/the US will do absolutely nothing to improve health care or gun control, but will probably cut that budget again and put in some new NDAA-style regulations and spend another couple billion dollars on more military.

I could rant on forever but I don't wanna clog up this thread so I'll stop now. Gah.

Smiles, do you have your PAL or are Europeans not allowed guns in Canada?

Smiley90

Smiles, do you have your PAL or are Europeans not allowed guns in Canada?

What's a PAL? sth sth armed license? I'm sure I could get it if I wanted to, but why would I? Switzerland has high gun-ownership (3rd in the world) but less trouble with it. I just think it's stupid not to implement something that 91% of the population is for because you're relying on the gun-lobby's money. Rather you cut something everyone needs (health care) because they're not lobbying you enough to care.

Acid08

Banned
New Zelda game looks sweet but the "link is a drawing" mechanic is stupid.

I'm going to wreck your town.

The dpad/bumpers need to be changed. Other than that, the 360 controller is perfect.

Also, wash your hands. :lol
I'll cut down all your trees motherfucker.

Smiley90

Obama's pissed, as he should be.

Mr. Compromise hasn't exactly been doing much. Compromises don't work with Republicans, he should've realized that about 4 years ago. They'll say no to anything he says, even if he gives into their demands. The whole system's fucked.

Marvie_3

Banned
Makes fun of us watching Doctor Who.. Plays animal crossing..

Talks shit to someone for any reason......is a Flames fan....

What's a PAL? sth sth armed license? I'm sure I could get it if I wanted to, but why would I? Switzerland has high gun-ownership (3rd in the world) but less trouble with it. I just think it's stupid not to implement something that 91% of the population is for because you're relying on the gun-lobby's money. Rather you cut something everyone needs (health care) because they're not lobbying you enough to care.

You've got this wrong. There are health lobbyists, they just work for the insurance companies. With a single payer system, health insurance companies have no reason to exist. That's why you see these insurance companies dumping billions into lobbying to shut down any changes in the US system.

Smiley90

Talks shit to someone for any reason......is a Flames fan....

You've got this wrong. There are health lobbyists, they just work for the insurance companies. With a single payer system, health insurance companies have no reason to exist. That's why you see these insurance companies dumping billions into lobbying to shut down any changes in the US system.

I don't consider "private health insurance lobbyists" part of a "healthy" health care system. They're part of the problem.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
BREAKING NEWS: #Flyers have agreed to two-year contract extensions with forwards Zac Rinaldo & Jay Rosehill MORE HERE bit.ly/9UNv1R

— Philadelphia Flyers (@NHLFlyers) April 17, 2013

zOutq.gif

So... fucking STUPID.

God I hate this franchise sometimes.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
You guys need to resign Huskins (who I think might be concussed now?) so we can get that conditional 7th round pick that will turn into the next Datsyuk.

He is... and he wasn't doing that bad either, which sucks because the Flyers are already down about 5 D-men as it is.

White received a 5 game suspension for that hit, so that's good.

Depends on how much they resign him for. If it's for cheap 3rd line pairing, I'd be OK with it.

Smiley90

You might not consider them part of it, but the truth of the matter is, they are part of it. And yes, they're a huge problem.

My point was that for most things, there's no "pro-gun regulation" or "pro-universal-healthcare" lobby, because there's not usually companies/a whole industry sector on the other side of the debate that could fund lobbyists to the same extent that the industrial sector can. Health Insurance lobbyists are the same as gun lobbyists. And politicians for the most part don't listen to what people want, but to what money wants. There's little money in doing the "right" thing. So what I was referring to for the lack of lobbying in health care was the lack of lobbying on the side of "change". Same for gun regulation and many other political topics.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Should've been announcing resigning Rinaldo and Hall.

I'll admit that Rinaldo HAS calmed down and hasn't taken many stupid penalties like he used too, but Rosehill?! Jesus fuckin Christ. He's about useful as Jody Shelly.

Hall has been pretty good for a waiver pickup, great defensively, perfect for the 4th line.

Sanjuro

Dude, if you have tickets you should go to the game. Im sure they have that place locked down (radio reports have indicated a huge police presence) and I think it will be an amazing game.

I don't have tickets, was just going to grab some at the Garden. It's going to be amazing, but just don't want to be a part of the circus right now.

Fenway this weekend sounds like a better idea.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I don't see why you are upset. Rinaldo was great this year, and they need one guy who can fight.

Because Rosehill is worthless.

Free up that small cap space and the contract to get some D-men. That's what they need first and foremost, not a fighter.

Curufinwe

Unless you want to see Simmonds and Voracek risking their hands in even more fights next year, having a player like Rosehill on the roster is a good idea. He can actually take a regular 4th line shift, which once again, is more than could be said for Shelley.

Razorskin

----- ------
In the last two days here there's been 2 suspicious packages that turned out to be nothing. I'm just glad it's false alarms because of people on high alert after the Boston tragedy. Real tragedy, my thoughts go out to the injured. Not paying attention to the news except going in the GAF thread every few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom