• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The thread title we deserve. Collberg plays his first AHL game tomorrow, unfortunately Dogs only have around 4-5 games left.

Socreges

Banned
Wings core remains the same. Those young guys have either played in very few games so far, or they've been given sheltered minutes. Exception being Lashoff, I guess.

Yeah that's including Samuelsson and Bertuzzi (both of whom have barely played) and not Nyquist, Dekeyser, Andersson. Tatar, Mrazek, Lashoff and Sheahan have also played for us.

You have 9 players over 30. That's a full third of your roster. You're younger than you were, but you're a far cry from being young.

Cake Boss

Banned
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 9m
Kadri on Tavares: 'Like myself, he's proven a lot of doubters wrong. Not many people thought he could be that superstar calibre in the NHL.'

wut?

Yes the guy who received the 1st exceptional status in the OHL and a 1st overall pick had doubts about on him being good at hockey.

Socreges

Banned
No one talks about him. But they know how good he is.

Kadri is probably referring to the counter-hype when Tavares was in Junior. But many did think he could still be a superstar.

Heretic

3741996_orig.gif

Le Foligno.

Koivu should have stuck with him instead of going for the man at the point... that's the least of our problems though.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Tavares will make a great future Leaf!

Jealous Leafs fans have been saying this since we drafted him. Unfortunately, he loves the team, Long Island, and his best friend and linemate Matt Moulson. Also he's locked up until 2018. You enjoy that Phil Kessel character though

stash-1-510326e83921d.gif

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
wut?

Yes the guy who received the 1st exceptional status in the OHL and a 1st overall pick had doubts about on him being good at hockey.

this does seem off, the only negative buzz i heard about him before the draft and when he first joined is that he wasn't a very strong skater. Nobody doubted he was a stud in the making though.

TUSR

Banned
this does seem off, the only negative buzz i heard about him before the draft and when he first joined is that he wasn't a very strong skater. Nobody doubted he was a stud in the making though.

The only mark Tavares really had against him was his speed/explosiveness and he fixed a majority of that in the off season.

There were no doubts that he would deliver as an elite player.

calder

Winnipeg not approving of something a non-white guy did? I am shocked.

If he does it again we dial the province's racism meter from "casually bigoted" to "winnipegfreepress.com reader comments on a story involving a Native land claim" levels. The only stage thing beyond that is Mississippi Burning IMBD discussion thread.

tumblr_lxtkd6tCgC1qibz94o1_500.gif

I don't blame you for coming back to edit that Kadri ego/Lake Ontario metaphor. Was saltier than the St Lawrence River east of Ile d’Orléans.

Right after I made that edit I just knew Detective Socreges would find and comment on it.

Props to you sir, wasn't expecting it til later tonight.

Jealous Leafs fans have been saying this since we drafted him. Unfortunately, he loves the team, Long Island, and his best friend and linemate Matt Moulson. Also he's locked up until 2018. You enjoy that Phil Kessel character though

stash-1-510326e83921d.gif

We'll enjoy the guy who outscored Tavares nearly every season just fine thanks.

Cactus

Banned
Tavares is an awesome player, but I read somewhere that he's scored a comparatively high percentage of his points this season against non-playoff teams. Not sure if that's true, but if it is, it should be a bit of a concern heading into the playoffs.

EDIT: Here it is

qGQP9af.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That differential for Tavares is kind of amazing, but he's still a very good player.

Ovechkin's differential is even bigger, and nobody doubts he's awesome. I'd take Tavares over Kessel any day. Tavares is my pick for the Hart, too. (Also on podcast)

3N16MA

Banned
Crosby/Kunitz/Dupuis playing everyone just about the same. Of course you have Ovechkin beating up on the poor while on the PP. It's basically the same as beating up a homeless man who is missing a leg.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
53% of his goals this season on the PP and he likes to pad his stats against non playoff teams. The guy is average at best at even strength against a decent team.
I didn't think this gif would be appropriate so soon after Solo used it

32LzZ45.gif

cube444

Crosby/Kunitz/Dupuis playing everyone just about the same. Of course you have Ovechkin beating up on the poor while on the PP. It's basically the same as beating up a homeless man who is missing a leg.

Crosby has a paltry 15 goals. Blake Wheeler and P.A. Parenteau have more goals than him! :lol

It's a lot easier to chalk up assists than it is to actually, you know, score a goal!

Also didn't Sid rack up 61 PP points when he hit 120 points that season?

Gotta love bandwagon Pens fans who choose what stats to trot out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom