• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
NYR won't threaten anybody unless Richards and Gaborik wake up. They're the lowest-scoring team in the league and unless they expect to win every game 1-0 they don't have the offensive ability and depth to win a 7-game series.
Richards won't be waking up, dude has lost a step. Gaborik could still find that extra gear, but I don't think he'll find it under Torts.

I actually somewhat agree with Tabris in that the Rangers have the potential with Richards and Gabby, just I don't know if they'll be able to find their rhythm again.

Richards might be shit now but he excels in the playoffs.

Gaborik is sort of the same way. Nash only had one outing so he could be dangerous.

I think they'd play a really tight checking game and guys like Boyle would physically punish the skill players.

Just look at their series with Ottawa last year. Then the Caps. Ran out of gas by the time they hit the Devils.

Oh yeah, so anyways I'm finally back from Hawaii. Had an absolute blast visiting Oahu and Maui. Personally I prefer Maui more than Oahu (it was much quieter and more relaxing). I wanted to stay longer but unfortunately that was not in the books.

Hoping to go back again, when I have no idea, just hoping it is sooner rather than later.

So anyone planning a vacation, Hawaii is really awesome and worth it!

Edit: Orange Passion Guava juice is also amazing!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This Kings D man the Habs traded for spent half his day with the Cup with some high school kid who was paralyzed. All that good karma that will come back to him will bring us to the Cup!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
No wonder people gang up on you. I'm not going to defend you or speak up when the members in here bully you or insult you anymore. Really, it's unbelievable that you are digging up the site's definition of trolling and cherry picking unfavorable adjectives, ignoring their context, and pretending they are admirable traits.
This is what you get Monty! >=[

Markstrom is the real fucking deal. His saves that period, my god.

Also the Hubby-Mattias-Mueller line has insane speed. Their transition game is beastly.

Cagey

Banned
What's wrong with Clarkson?

He's a UFA after the season and the Devils won't (and shouldn't) match the inevitable overpayment offer from his hometown Maple Leafs. Given what Clowe got in return with his magical 0 goals on the season, Clarkie should net at least that package, and logically more. Plus he plays hockey in a special ed kind of way and half the time it feels like dumb luck.

Yeah, but that's a lot of potential, so if those players do wake up, it's scary.

On the Rangers... I don't agree about this purported talent level. Where is it? Richards is Gomez redux and Gaborik is a rich man's Petr Sykora. Lundqvist has "regressed" back to his normal self, i.e. fringe Vezina candidate numbers rather than his 2011-12 Vezina winning outlier. Once they gutted their second and third lines that were chock-full of randoms willing to eat pucks to the face in the name of the glorious Tortorella, there was bound to be regression. They played a freaking 7 and 8 seed to draws (for better or worse) where they couldn't maintain puck possession in the latter halves of games, and then got curbstomped by the Devils (that series had no business going 6).

EDIT: that's not to denigrate Lundqvist. It's more that last year he played above his usual, and this year he's back to his usual. Expecting his career year to become his standard year seemed silly, but Rangers fans I knew were all aboard that train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom