• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

Bergeron > Benn
Giroux isnt that big of a difference off Seguin for Jagr not produce very well.

Plus Jagr has been producing before Benn signed his contract, he was carrying that team offensivly.

Giroux is one of the best players in the game. Top 10 for sure, top 5 centre for sure. Seguin is maybe top 30.

Anyways, we'll see how he does soon enough.

Dont think we'll trade Raymond, he improved and he's cheap. Honestly we dont have any roster players not named Booth or Ballard I can see traded. Would have really liked Clowe though, he'd have complemented the team nicely. Now we need a scoring 2nd line/3rd line RW from somewhere else.

Raymond's played pretty well. He'll get a decent payday this summer; say 3 years $8-9M. But I don't think the Canucks can afford him. They have Higgins and Hansen as borderline 2nd-liners. And assuming they keep Roy that's a set third line.

He's wasted on the fourth line and I think management would rather get a better top six or try Jensen/Kassian on the second line next year. The Canucks could keep him as third-line insurance but with their cap issues I doubt it.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Ryane Clowe is a fantastic hockey player.
Playing with Brad Richards, Rick Nash, Gaborik, and the other Rangers, I bet he scores 3 times as many goals as he did with San Jose.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Playing with Brad Richards, Rick Nash, Gaborik, and the other Rangers, I bet he scores 3 times as many goals as he did with San Jose.

i hope the rest of the team scores 30 times as much as he did with san jose!

Tabris

Oh, I was looking to see how Cody Hogson was doing lately after Vanek has been injured / cooled off. He played the last game on the 4th line. Apparently he's had poor defensive zone play.

TUSR

Banned
Oh, I was looking to see how Cody Hogson was doing lately after Vanek has been injured / cooled off. He played the last game on the 4th line. Apparently he's had poor defensive zone play.

still doing so much better than Kassian

CCF23

Will be interesting to see how Clowe finishes the season. If he starts scoring again, I'll lament not bucking up for him.

We'll find out if he really is broken or if he just needed the change of scenery.

Curufinwe

Bergeron > Benn
Giroux isnt that big of a difference off Seguin for Jagr not produce very well.

I agree. Seguin is damn good for a 21 year old and Jagr will make him better.

I wouldn't mind Jagr back in Philly next year since Giroux and Hartnell seem to love him so much. With Briere bought out and no Clowe there should be cap room for a one year deal.

Cake Boss

Banned

lol yeah those players are so much better than Thornton, Cotoure, Pavelski, Marleau etc

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
RenLavoieRDS:
Mikka Kiprusoff is open to a trade to Toronto. Still wants adjustment on his contract for next season. #transactions2013

noooo

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
2nd and a 3rd? Can't say I like giving up multiple picks, especially when we're already out a 1st due to the Nash trade. If both of those are 2013, then we have NO picks this year before the pick we got from the Panthers in the 3rd round. I wonder if we are going to sell someone for a pick.

Better than giving up prospects, I guess, though. Hooray for adding 0 goals!

At least he's a big physical guy. Maybe he can teach Boyle how to use his giant size.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just what New York needs, another older forward who can't score :lol :lol I hope they miss the playoffs so bad. The price isn't as bad as I expected, but I'm still glad Bergevin stayed away from that.

Tabris

RenLavoieRDS:
Mikka Kiprusoff is open to a trade to Toronto. Still wants adjustment on his contract for next season. #transactions2013

noooo

Kiprusoff is a great pick up. He can play utterly lights out. I think Luongo would be the much better pick up but you gotta go long term with him, and if you think Reimer/Scrivens are actually good and you want someone short term, Kiprusoff was your best bet.

Curufinwe

2nd and a 3rd? Can't say I like giving up multiple picks, especially when we're already out a 1st due to the Nash trade. If both of those are 2013, then we have NO picks this year before the pick we got from the Panthers in the 3rd round. I wonder if we are going to sell someone for a pick.

At least he's a big physical guy. Maybe he can teach Boyle how to use his giant size.

Clowe and Hartnell might be going at it for the rest of the decade.

Pochacco

Jagr will probably play on (fellow Czech) Krejčí's line.

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic/Horton - Krejčí - Jagr

Tabris

what does that have to do with anything

Just pointing out that it's funny no one thought highly of Raymond but he's turned around everyone's opinion. The next post after Marvie said this:

Mason Raymond to contract rabies, flee into the BC wilderness, and never be heard from again.

And Smiley and Desi were like "I'm good with that".

Red_Man

Just pointing out that it's funny no one thought highly of Raymond but he's turned around everyone's opinion.
Remember that time you said the Canucks were going to win the cup with all that destiny bullshit and then they choked like a cheap hooker in the finals? That was pretty funny too.

Kiprusoff is a great pick up. He can play utterly lights out. I think Luongo would be the much better pick up but you gotta go long term with him, and if you think Reimer/Scrivens are actually good and you want someone short term, Kiprusoff was your best bet.

Kipper would be a terrible idea for the leafs. They're so close to building a contender team that renting their way through final stretch would be a mistake.
How deep are the leafs really going to make it this year?

Pochacco

Kipper sucks.
The Leafs would be giving up assets and cap room (this year and next) for a significant downgrade in net.
Kipper has negative value.

Reimer is fine.

Tabris

Roy was cheaper and a better pickup. Just be worried if Canucks don't deal a goalie.

Why? We don't need the cap space today and we can always trade in the summer.

I get the whole distraction thing but I rather wait to get something more than a cap dump back + a non-1st round pick.

Kipper would be a terrible idea for the leafs. They're so close to building a contender team that renting their way through final stretch would be a mistake.
How deep are the leafs really going to make it this year?

Yeah but it's not like he's going to cost a lot though.

Spl1nter

Kipper sucks.
The Leafs would be giving up assets and cap room (this year and next) for a significant downgrade in net.
Kipper has negative value.

Reimer is fine.

Wouldnt even matter if kipper sucks. Reimer deserves the chance to gain playoff experience, he has played well this year.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Why? We don't need the cap space today and we can always trade in the summer.

I get the whole distraction thing but I rather wait to get something more than a cap dump back + a non-1st round pick.

Yeah but it's not like he's going to cost a lot though.

The longer we wait, the more desperately we need to trade him, the lower the return. Simple as that.

Red_Man

Whens the last time there's been this much action before the actual trade deadline? It's pretty ridiculous. Can't wait to sit on my ass for 8 hours tomorrow and watch Bob Mackenzie tell me how Clowe and Roy are going to take their teams to the next level.

Clydefrog

Drewiske is a good pickup for the Habs. He's a solid third pairing defenseman that can PK. He isn't flashy, but he does everything well enough at the NHL level. He's a good guy to have for depth in the playoffs. Good team player, very versatile gap filler.

Couldn't disagree more. The guy makes routine mistakes every game. Have fun with him, Montreal.

Acid08

Banned

You're going to like Clowe. I think he still had it in him to be a good player who contributes offensively. And if not he can still punch guys in the face real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom