• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

You're going to like Clowe. I think he still had it in him to be a good player who contributes offensively. And if not he can still punch guys in the face real good.

So Acid, I guess SJS are still on the cusp of being a seller or buyer, either using that new cap space to pick up a big player or trading Boyle? I don't know why they would sell right now when they got 1 more year with the core all signed up?

Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star says that while the Maple Leafs are still in the hunt for help in net, they may "set their sights lower."

“There's always an urge to try to do something,” said Leafs' general manager Dave Nonis. “That's natural, to want to add, or to change. But you better take a long walk around the block before you make a big move, if it's going to suck some of the future out of your team.”

McGran suggests the Flames' Joey MacDonald or Panthers' Scott Clemmensen as other options for Toronto.

YESSSSSSSS

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
It's crazy, but Khabibulin makes A LOT more sense than Kipper.
- UFA this summer
- Has played very well (when healthy)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You're going to like Clowe. I think he still had it in him to be a good player who contributes offensively. And if not he can still punch guys in the face real good.

This is what I'm most looking forward to. We don't have this currently.

Hey guys isn't the trade deadline (or close to it) exciting? I can't wait to see what Holland has in store for us this year and what amazing trade he will pull off.

kenholland620a.jpg

"We are happy with where we are at with our team, getting our injured players back is almost like a free trade acquisition."

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hey guys isn't the trade deadline (or close to it) exciting? I can't wait to see what Holland has in store for us this year and what amazing trade he will pull off.

kenholland620a.jpg

"We are happy with where we are at with our team, getting our injured players back is almost like a free trade acquisition."
This is going to be us this year with Diaz, Bourque and White coming back, but I'm ok with that.

Curufinwe

Not being able to even try and trade Briere sucks so much. Who gets a bad concussion in practice?

McBain not on the ice in Carolina.

WE HAD BOTH OF THOSE GOALTENDERS

besides, they'd be a downgrade on scrivens and both suck.
Nonis: Dale what is the asking price for Scott Clemm...

Tallon: Done. He's yours

Nonis: What?!?

Tallon: He's a Leaf again thanks for the trade

Nonis: You haven't even heard what I'm offering?

Tallon: -Click-

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

kenholland620a.jpg

Detroit News said he was looking for a non-rental top 6 forward, which isn't going to happen because he doesn't have the balls to pull off a major trade to shake this team up.

Detroit News said he was looking for a non-rental top 6 forward, which isn't going to happen because he doesn't have the balls to pull off a major trade to shake this team up.

That is exactly what we need too which is the thing, not a rental but a good solid top 6 guy, but how Holland is lately he would probably overpay for that player.

Acid08

Banned
So Acid, I guess SJS are still on the cusp of being a seller or buyer, either using that new cap space to pick up a big player or trading Boyle? I don't know why they would sell right now when they got 1 more year with the core all signed up?
Don't really have time to respond to this right now. Am going to write something up later.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just what New York needs, another older forward who can't score :lol :lol I hope they miss the playoffs so bad. The price isn't as bad as I expected, but I'm still glad Bergevin stayed away from that.

We have to be cheering on the Rangers to make it to 7th.

Nonis: Dale what is the asking price for Scott Clemm...

Tallon: Done. He's yours

Nonis: What?!?

Tallon: He's a Leaf again thanks for the trade

Nonis: You haven't even heard what I'm offering?

Tallon: -Click-

:lol

Ryane Clowe for a 2nd, 3rd + 2nd?

WHO WANTS CLARKSON.

What's wrong with Clarkson?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
:lol no

But we are probably done, I like not that he isn't just jumping on any trade for depth since we don't need it, but I'm still disappointed that we couldn't have got a decent player with a few draft picks which it seems some are doing.

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/04/02/wings-holland-unlikely-to-make-move-before-deadline/

I don't know what it is but I can't stand reading his interviews. He sounds like the most indecisive, unsure person in the world.

pringles

:lol no

But we are probably done, I like not that he isn't just jumping on any trade for depth since we don't need it, but I'm still disappointed that we couldn't have got a decent player with a few draft picks which it seems some are doing.

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/04/02/wings-holland-unlikely-to-make-move-before-deadline/
I'm not sure why the conclusion is "Holland unlikely to make move before deadline". What Holland is saying is he's not going to make any depth moves. Which is obvious, we've got a boatload of bottom 6 forwards and 3rd pairing d-men. And making moves for legitimate top 6 forwards and top 4 d-men is difficult, there aren't many out there and the price is high.

I hope he takes some serious looks at Vanek/Pominville. Other than that I'm pretty fine with chilling this year, either not making the playoffs or having a 1st round exit. Next year we'll be rid of some of our old garbage players and have a chance to become a good team again.

Tabris

I have to say, assuming Crosby doesn't come back 100%, I would be most afraid of NYR.

Because that's a team that's being underestimated of their potential if I ever saw one.

I have the Jays game on in the background, and manoman the crowd is tense. Tighter than James Duthie's arsehole on deadline day they are.

As long as Nonis doesn't give up anything other than a late pick, I'd be more than happy to have Kiprusoff to back-up Reimer. It doesn't matter if Kiprusoff is a ancient douche bag or not, Reimer needs to play and train alongside a veteran.

Tabris, have you watched any NYR games this year?

Montresor

No wonder people gang up on you. I'm not going to defend you or speak up when the members in here bully you or insult you anymore. Really, it's unbelievable that you are digging up the site's definition of trolling and cherry picking unfavorable adjectives, ignoring their context, and pretending they are admirable traits.

NYR won't threaten anybody unless Richards and Gaborik wake up. They're the lowest-scoring team in the league and unless they expect to win every game 1-0 they don't have the offensive ability and depth to win a 7-game series.

Tabris

NYR won't threaten anybody unless Richards and Gaborik wake up. They're the lowest-scoring team in the league and unless they expect to win every game 1-0 they don't have the offensive ability and depth to win a 7-game series.

Yeah, but that's a lot of potential, so if those players do wake up, it's scary.

I actually somewhat agree with Tabris in that the Rangers have the potential with Richards and Gabby, just I don't know if they'll be able to find their rhythm again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom