• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenant

petesuckit.gif

baby this is just teh foreplay

CCF23

If the Canucks play like they did tonight they'll get slaughtered. Schneider bailed us out so bad.

First comment on the podcast: Feel like it was a week or two too early to talk playoff matchups considering there are like no matchups set or even probable yet.

Second comment: Marvie picking SJ over LA. What the fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Third comment: I haaaaaaave to fucking get in on this. I keep wanting to comment hahahaha

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If the Canucks play like they did tonight they'll get slaughtered. Schneider bailed us out so bad.

First comment on the podcast: Feel like it was a week or two too early to talk playoff matchups considering there are like no matchups set or even probable yet.

Second comment: Marvie picking SJ over LA. What the fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Third comment: I haaaaaaave to fucking get in on this. I keep wanting to comment hahahaha

In a constructive way or in a "I want to punch PJ in the fucking face" kind of way?

CCF23

I still feel like the Wild will win the NW. We have the easiest schedule left...

They'd have to go 4-0 and the Canucks 1-2. It's a huuuuuuuuuge stretch at this point, especially with the Wild 3-6-1 in their last 10.

In a constructive way or in a "I want to punch PJ in the fucking face" kind of way?

Constructive.

Quick

Banned

We told ourselves that we'd each take a turn, but we ended up interrupting ourselves quite a few times anyway. Either I'm exaggerating, or Marvie edited those out.

Vman

They'd have to go 4-0 and the Canucks 1-2. It's a huuuuuuuuuge stretch at this point, especially with the Wild 3-6-1 in their last 10.

Constructive.

yea, but we play the flames,oilers, avs and kings. three at home while you play Chicago, Anaheim and the oilers.

CCF23

You guys are all up on Anaheim's dick. I just don't get it. I don't see the depth there.

I would take the Hawks, Kings, Canucks, and Blues before the Ducks if all those teams are healthy.

I just don't see it with Anaheim, in spite of their good year.

(podcast, BTW)

You guys are all up on Anaheim's dick. I just don't get it. I don't see the depth there.

I would take the Hawks, Kings, Canucks, and Blues before the Ducks if all those teams are healthy.

Blues rlly?

CCF23

Blues rlly?

They're 8-2-0 in their last 10 and playing like the team everyone thought they would be to start the year. They've got insane depth everywhere in their lineup. Their biggest question is probably top end scoring, but they're a fucking good team.

I honestly feel like the Hawks are the favourite in the West (obviously), but there's a big handful of teams it wouldn't surprise me to see come out of the West. The only teams that would legitimately surprise me are probably the Wild and whoever finishes 8th. Anyone else, if they stay healthy, can make a run in my eyes.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good stuff guys.

Are you going to do this weekly or bi-weekly?
Weekly right now.

(podcast, BTW)
I think I'm the only one who picked the Hawks as my favourite for the West. I was surprised too.

CCF23

I think I'm the only one who picked the Hawks as my favourite for the West. I was surprised too.

Smelly picked the Hawks too, but there was a lot of Ducks love.

I feel like if we wait until mid week to record the next one we might get a better sense of playoff matchups? We should be able to call a bunch of them by then you'd think.

They're 8-2-0 in their last 10 and playing like the team everyone thought they would be to start the year. They've got insane depth everywhere in their lineup. Their biggest question is probably top end scoring, but they're a fucking good team.

I honestly feel like the Hawks are the favourite in the West (obviously), but there's a big handful of teams it wouldn't surprise me to see come out of the West. The only teams that would legitimately surprise me are probably the Wild and whoever finishes 8th. Anyone else, if they stay healthy, can make a run in my eyes.

I would LOVE to see the jackets make 8th and get to the semis.

The blues seem to be always a step behind being an amazing team its always "well if they had better x they'd be more contentious". They have a good team no doubt but it just never seems to come together for them.

Red_Man

I feel like if we wait until mid week to record the next one we might get a better sense of playoff matchups? We should be able to call a bunch of them by then you'd think.
We were coming up with some more general hockey related topics to dicuss, and then we could do another playoff one right before the 30th I guess

CCF23

We were coming up with some more general hockey related topics to dicuss, and then we could do another playoff one right before the 30th I guess

There definitely needs to be one once the matchups are set, before the playoffs start, but it'd have to get edited and posted before the playoffs start or else it'd kind of be a waste.

So we'd probably need to record the night the season ends (the 28th) if we wanted to do a playoff preview show.

Smiley90

Smelly picked the Hawks too, but there was a lot of Ducks love.

Yeah Marvie and Quick were on the Ducks-train. Marvie with the huge anti-jinx attempt.

Smiley90

I cut 20+ minutes out of the whole thing. I'd guess 12 of that was me. :lol

I counted at least 5 "FUCK. JESUS CHRIST. FUCK. DAMNIT." during that recording, so that kind of makes sense. :p

NICE you left the Quick Jets hate in it :lol

EDIT: Wait you what? fuck. I'm waiting.

EDIT2: that wasn't too bad, I was expecting worse. Nice editing job Marvie :p

CCF23

Actually, if you guys want to record the podcast tomorrow I can do it as long as it's sometime earlier than around 4:30PST, if you need me.

Revenant

if im as full of jagr bombs as i am now tomorrow does that qualify for me for the podcast, because i have plenty of opinions on things.

Smiley90

thems fighting words marvie, i'm partial to whiskey but can't be picky based on whos buying rounds!

probably just red reading sanjuros posts again.

edit: that thread change :lol :lol :lol

Amazing :lol :lol :lol

Red_Man

Wait, where's Red_Man's dog in this recording? And is his name really Nash?
It's during when I'm talking about one of the match ups. He doesn't like me talking on phones or mics and yea his name is Nash. No, not based on Rick Nash or Steve Nash.

Thread title change is the greatest thing.

Smiley90

It's during when I'm talking about one of the match ups. He doesn't like me talking on phones or mics and yea his name is Nash. No not based on Rick Nash or Steve Nash.

Based on the guy from A Beautiful Mind?

Socreges

Banned
I didn't actually notice that he'd said "dog". Red_man growling in the background the entire time seemed appropriate.

Will listen to the podcast tomorrow.

Podcast was great, I mostly lurk in this thread (looking to start posting more though) so nice to put some voices to the names!
Declare your allegiance.

I think weekly, I think it's too much work to be able to do it bi-weekly unless we split it up which is possible, but the demand and content would need to be there.
Bi-weekly does not mean what you think it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom