• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DudKuwzAgfE

That's a commercial NBC made for the playoffs. It's 100% Leafs-centric which is weird for an American company like NBC. I cringed at the stupid "this is Canada's team" line but the rest of the commercial got me so pumped up.

I can't wait until more of these come out and I hope there already are a bunch of these for different players/teams.

There's this one new commercial that shows loads of players with playoff jitters. It ends with Lucic deep with concern standing at his bench. <3 Just beautiful.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

That's a commercial NBC made for the playoffs. It's 100% Leafs-centric which is weird for an American company like NBC. I cringed at the stupid "this is Canada's team" line but the rest of the commercial got me so pumped up.

I can't wait until more of these come out and I hope there already are a bunch of these for different players/teams.

There's this one new commercial that shows loads of players with playoff jitters. It ends with Lucic deep with concern standing at his bench. <3 Just beautiful.

Nothing wrong with anything said on that commercial EXCEPT for Cherry's statement that the Leafs are Canada's team.

Everything else you could argue for more or less.

edit: OK, Sens, you'd better fuck these Pens up. You have ONE job....

Quick

Banned

WHOOOOOAH OHHHH OHHHH OHHHH

YEAAAAHHHHH YEAAAAHHH YEAAAHHHH

GO GO GO

GO LEAFS GO

THIS IS CANADA'S TEAM.

Cake Boss

Banned
WHOOOOOAH OHHHH OHHHH OHHHH

YEAAAAHHHHH YEAAAAHHH YEAAAHHHH

GO GO GO

GO LEAFS GO

THIS IS CANADA'S TEAM.

iyEv1GCv7HNnA.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

A Leafs...playoff commercial...UNF UNF UNF!

kid-birthday-hat-gif.gif

Socreges

Banned
Nothing wrong with anything said on that commercial EXCEPT for Cherry's statement that the Leafs are Canada's team.

Everything else you could argue for more or less.

edit: OK, Sens, you'd better fuck these Pens up. You have ONE job....
"There are hockey fans and then there are Maple Leaf fans."

Silly comment. Fanatics are fanatics, regardless of the team. That one BJs fan is probably more diehard than 99% of Leafs fans.

Debate on Prime Time Sports regarding regulation wins should be worth more than OT/Shootout wins

I agree 10000%

LOL.....both teams pulling the goalie to try and win an extra point

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
"There are hockey fans and then there are Maple Leaf fans."

Silly comment. Fanatics are fanatics, regardless of the team. That one BJs fan is probably more diehard than 99% of Leafs fans.
Nothing wrong with this. I've heard the same of other teams. 'There are hockey fans and then there are X fans'

Nice bait though. <3

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised nobody on GAF made a thread about Kobe's live tweets, even TSN won't shutup about it.

I hope REAL QUEBECOIS HERO DAVID DESHARNAIS wins the cover.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Montreal Canadiens announced Monday that goaltenders Robert Mayer and Dustin Tokarski, defensemen Nathan Beaulieu, Greg Pateryn and Jarred Tinordi, as well as forwards Michaël Bournival, Louis Leblanc and Petteri Nokelainen have been recalled from the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs.

Really hope Tinordi gets another look, we could use his size. Here's a great post from one of the scouts who used to work with the Canadiens and is a friend of Timmons, about why he believes Tinordi should be used going into the playoffs:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1409551

Are they fucking serious in regards to the Ducks nominations? BELESKEY AND COGS!? We have the fucking RPG and they think we're gonna want to go either a gritty 4th liner or a 3rd line Center? HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT WORK!? Fuck off EA, another year without a Duck being on the cover. Go put your dicks in powerpoints you cumdumpster DLC-enducing empty husks of anime love pillow fucking Justin Schultz ass massagers.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Are they fucking serious in regards to the Ducks nominations? BELESKEY AND COGS!? We have the fucking RPG and they think we're gonna want to go either a gritty 4th liner or a 3rd line Center? HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT WORK!? Fuck off EA, another year without a Duck being on the cover. Go put your dicks in powerpoints you cumdumpster DLC-enducing empty husks of anime love pillow fucking Justin Schultz ass massagers.

Selanne! I don't think he's ever been on it...?

Cogliano and Beleskey LOL

Socreges

Banned
Listening to the podcast right now. No salt except for Red_Man meekly telling people to fuck off. Big disappointment.

(good work, guys. and poor marvie having to edit that)

Nothing wrong with this. I've heard the same of other teams. 'There are hockey fans and then there are X fans'

Nice bait though. <3
Oh, delicate little baby squirrel. That wasn't bait. That was me saying that "you could argue for [everything else]" is wrong since "There are hockey fans and then there are Leafs fans" is meaningless.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Stolen from twitter :

I was going to make a size joke, but I couldn't find the right words.

Really hope Tinordi gets another look, we could use his size. Here's a great post from one of the scouts who used to work with the Canadiens and is a friend of Timmons, about why he believes Tinordi should be used going into the playoffs:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1409551

Tinordi won't fill the void left by Emelin, but I'd rather see him in the lineup than Weber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom