• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lines at practice:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Roy
Sestito-Ebbett-Kassian
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen

Hamhuis-Garrison
Corrado-Edler
Barker-Alberts

Schneider

Loading up the top six again at the expense of the bottom six. Barker-Alberts... *shudder*

Enjoy the two points Chicago.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at what Regier has gotten in return when trading recently (Pominville, Gaustad, Kassian), it would take a lot more than that for Vanek.
Yeah, I figured as much. I wanted the Wings to land Vanek back when he first re-signed with Buffalo back in 07.

TUSR

Banned
Lines at practice:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Roy
Sestito-Ebbett-Kassian
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen

Hamhuis-Garrison
Corrado-Edler
Barker-Alberts

Schneider

Loading up the top six again at the expense of the bottom six. Barker-Alberts... *shudder*

WHAT HAPPENED KEVIN?

Merguson

Banned
Cogs has been a stud this season. He's always at 100% and showed so much heart after that high stick against the blackhawks game where he lost his teeth and still didn't miss a shift.

No doubt but still kind of strange with guys like Getzlaf.. especially when you see what kind of competition there is.

Revenant

Lines at practice:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Roy
Sestito-Ebbett-Kassian
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen

Hamhuis-Garrison
Corrado-Edler
Barker-Alberts

Schneider

tumblr_m3xst0lfRr1r6iqbzo1_500.gif

Best matchups for the Canucks:

Columbus
Minnesota
San Jose (could go either way)

Worst matchups for the Canucks:

St. Louis
LA

Hopefully St. Louis and LA massacre each other.

In the event that we win a majority of our remaining games, SJ loses some of theirs and LA doesn't tank the rest of the season, it will be 4 LA vs 5 STL.

That's fucked up. No thanks.

Socreges

Banned
At least Higgins is back. Really liking that second line.

And seeing Corrado there is a little exciting. Hopefully he adapts well. Is Ballard injured or just in the doghouse?

I'd have liked to see Roy as 3C, and Kassian in at the 2RW spot.
What is this? What are you doing? You're not one of us.

Ballard tweaked his back in a fight on Saturday.

AV tried Raymond and Kassian with Kesler and I guess it didn't work. Roy and Kesler seem to have some chemistry so I guess that's why they were put back together.

Still doesn't solve the 3C problem though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My only worry is that even if they miss, they'll still use the excuse that they were "only 2 or 3 points out of it" and they'll say that was due to the injuries which means they won't do anything major over the summer. I wish they would wake up and realize that having Helm, Samuelsson, and Bertuzzi back at full health for a full season wasn't the issue with this team. While I love Helm, he's not a goal scorer and never will be. He's a good shutdown grinder with a ton of speed. If he gets you 10 goals a year, then great, but I don't expect him to. Samuelsson just doesn't have it anymore, period. Bertuzzi is still useful for about 15 goals a year, but he's slow and doesn't have much left in the tank either.

In a dream world, I'd ship Franzen, Smith or Quincey, and a pick to Buffalo for Vanek. Let Filppula, Cleary, Miller, and White walk, buyout Samuelsson and bring up a bunch of our guys that are ready to play.

Vanek/Datsyuk/Nyquist
Tatar/Zetterberg/Brunner
Abdelkader/Helm/Bertuzzi
Eaves/Andersson/Tootoo

Emmerton/Jurco/Sheahan as your extras

Kronwall/Ericsson
Quincey/Smith/DeKeyser
Kindl/Colaiacovo
Lashoff

Howard
Gustavsson

If you look at how the D has been the past few weeks, that hasn't been an issue. Once everyone started getting comfortable together, they jelled really well. The problem has been scoring goals. Would I still love another proven top 4 guy? Yeah, but I can live with the dmen we have for another season if need be. Howard has been lights out the past few weeks as well (though he sucks in shootouts all of a sudden).

Seems reasonable. I agree with most of it. Defense has been good and I think DeKeyser will be a star. He's so good already. Also, I would keep Bertuzzi if he's healthy. He's still decent during the game and can put the puck in the net in shootouts--something this team desperately needs.

I'd let Filppula (who should have been traded) and Cleary walk and buy out Sammy's contract because it was the worst signing of Holland's career.

My guess is that Filppula resigns and is overpaid, Cleary is brought back again and I am infuriated.

Canucks'e entire playoffs hopes might rest on Corrado's ability to consistently perform as a legitimate or even borderline top 4 playoffs defenseman.

No pressure right?

#26 will be playing with #23 tonight against the Hawks.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks'e entire playoffs hopes might rest on Corrado's ability to consistently perform as a legitimate or even borderline top 4 playoffs defenseman.

No pressure right?

#26 will be playing with #23 tonight against the Hawks.

Not "entire"... Hopefully Tanev is back by game 3, when Corrado's 5-game-callup prriod ends... Ntm Bieksa and Ballard.

Higgins back makes our top 2 lines PRETTY damn great to look at. I think at least one of the remainig regular season games should have

Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Roy-Hansen

Though. Also still hoping Schroeder gets called up to replace Ebbett as our 3C if Roy/Kesler stay together.

Not "entire"... Hopefully Tanev is back by game 3, when Corrado's 5-game-callup prriod ends... Ntm Bieksa and Ballard.

Tanev is the more questionable of the two dmen. Ankle injuries are impossible hard to predict. If Bieksa and Tanev don't make it back for the 1st series, Corrado's going to have to lift a very heavy load for the Canucks.

Think about this. If Ballard/Bieksa/Tanev don't make it back, Corrado can't reach that level yet. The Canucks will be riding Barker/Alberts/Joslin for the bottom three.

So a #7/8 D in the top 4 and two AHL D as our bottom pairing... or basically Toronto's D corps.

Heretic

Now ballwash Beleksey.

belesky has also played solid all season. Got his time on the first line and contributed when we needed him to. At best, I think he'll get to the second line but guys like him are important to every team. He needs size.

CCF23

Wait Corrado is playing? Is Ballard out? Are our D pairings tonight really going to be:

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Corrado
Alberts - Barker?

Yikes. I mean, I really like Corrado as a prospect, but fucking yikes. We need some healthy bodies back on D.

TUSR

Banned
Wait Corrado is playing? Is Ballard out? Are our D pairings tonight really going to be:

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Corrado
Alberts - Barker?

Yikes. I mean, I really like Corrado as a prospect, but fucking yikes. We need some healthy bodies back on D.

Ballard tweeked his back in his fight or something, Bieksa is made of glass now, and Tanev is a mystery on return date

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Corrado
Alberts - Barker?

Should've fucking gotten Aaron Rome back on that Roy trade.

CCF23

Ballard tweeked his back in his fight or something, Bieksa is made of glass now, and Tanev is a mystery on return date

The good news is none of the injuries sound long term. Bieksa and Ballard should be ready for the playoffs, and Tanev shortly after if he's not ready for the start.

The good news is none of these last 3 games really mean anything. We're pretty pretty much set in third.

Should've fucking gotten Aaron Rome back on that Roy trade.

Alberts and Barker make me miss him. I never thought I'd say that.

Corrado? Somebody have a link on him? Is this 4th tier or 5th tier?

If you told me Corrado was Templaerdude I guess I could understand it, not much left in our prospects bin

Corrado? Somebody have a link on him? Is this 4th tier or 5th tier?

If you told me Corrado was Templaerdude I guess I could understand it, not much left in our prospects bin
He's our top D prospect, so it makes sense depth wise. He should immediately be better than Barker or Alberts, at least talent wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom