• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's part of it, I love Hejduk but he's not exactly a voice in the locker room and never has been. We need some defensive pick ups in the off season so badly.

The roster feels like Edmonton's. A fair bit of young talent but no one in the +30 range who's anywhere near league-best. Parenteau is an interesting player, however he's not going to lead this roster into the 'yoffs any time soon.

btw, what happened to Stastny?

The roster feels like Edmonton's. A fair bit of young talent but no one in the +30 range who's anywhere near league-best. Parenteau is an interesting player, however he's not going to lead this roster into the 'yoffs any time soon.

btw, what happened to Stastny?

Staz is just a mediocre guy who shows up only once in a blue moon and is completely worthless when we're facing divisional teams who are all too familiar with the fact that he never shoots. Even when he has perfect opportunities he refuses to shoot. He'll try for the odd wrap around here and there but that's it. Our success going into the next season with the roster we have depends very much on whether or not Landeskog can find his game again and start building some leadership confidence through it. That concussion this year really put us off track as a team.

Socreges

Banned
ix28st4hbwYfk.gif

RC

Banned
I swear the only thing keeping After Hours together is me, Acid and Dastardly. Thats's a podcast right there.

Solo

Habs need to win at least 2 of 3 games this week vs Devils, Jets and Leafs or else we're completely fucked in the first round regardless of who we play. 3 games to get our shit together.

My facebook feed is slowly going leafs crazy, damn bandwagoners! The shits that used to make fun of me for being a leafs fan are now calling themselves life longs, its disgusting >=(

I post a lot of Leafs stuff throughout the seasons and being in a market with Devils, Rangers and Flyers fans i always got shit. Now that the Leafs are making the playoffs, all my Leafs posts have been empty :p

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
If OTT is trying to make a Cooke statement, Penguins line up tonight should feature Macintyre, Murray, Morrow, Engelland, Bortuzzo, and Glass. Good Luck. Chris Neil is going to eat a Big Mac sandwich tonight.

Cake Boss

Banned
If OTT is trying to make a Cooke statement, Penguins line up tonight should feature Macintyre, Murray, Morrow, Engelland, Bortuzzo, and Glass. Good Luck. Chris Neil is going to eat a Big Mac sandwich tonight.

Thank you for the free 2 points.

Le bandwaggon is filling up at the right time again for the Pens.

Quick

Banned
This is the same fanbase that leaves a game with 10 minutes left in a tie game just to beat traffic.

Yeah there are some idiots here.

Anytime I'm at any sporting event, I'm always tempted to leave to beat the rush of people on transit. But the thought of finishing the game gets to me more.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you for the free 2 points.

Le bandwaggon is filling up at the right time again for the Pens.

Free two points? The top teams in the east can't even beat the Pens without Crosby, Malkin, Neal, and Martin. Not that they couldn't but they are definitely not free. Mac and Bort are in. Letang is out. Not much change in the line up versus when they handily beat the Bruins.

Acid08

Banned
The Oilers are staggering down the stretch as they dropped a 3-1 decision to the Ducks at home on Sunday. We understand Kevin Lowe has won a few Stanley Cups.

From the Baron's power ranking on espn. I lol'd.'d.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Huge game for Detroit tonight against Phoenix. If they lose this, it's pretty much over.

I'm torn on what I want to happen. It's the Wings, and I want them to win. That said, I predicted this would be the year they missed the playoffs and I really think they need a major shakeup or else it's just going to get worse.

No Leafs until Wednesday :( They are golfing in Florida today

I hope they can win the last 3 games of the season and pass the Habs, that would be glorious

Best matchups for the Canucks:

Columbus
Minnesota
San Jose (could go either way)

Worst matchups for the Canucks:

St. Louis
LA

Hopefully St. Louis and LA massacre each other.

No Leafs until Wednesday

Time to anxiously over-analyze each player on the team!

Gardiner: Do we want him playing?
Phaneuf: Who partners the caveman?
Kessel: Can he keep saying no to dessert?
Kadri: Best passer, or Bestest Passer?
Reimer: Will his God smile upon him and his pads?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Huge game for Detroit tonight against Phoenix. If they lose this, it's pretty much over.

I'm torn on what I want to happen. It's the Wings, and I want them to win. That said, I predicted this would be the year they missed the playoffs and I really think they need a major shakeup or else it's just going to get worse.
My only worry is that even if they miss, they'll still use the excuse that they were "only 2 or 3 points out of it" and they'll say that was due to the injuries which means they won't do anything major over the summer. I wish they would wake up and realize that having Helm, Samuelsson, and Bertuzzi back at full health for a full season wasn't the issue with this team. While I love Helm, he's not a goal scorer and never will be. He's a good shutdown grinder with a ton of speed. If he gets you 10 goals a year, then great, but I don't expect him to. Samuelsson just doesn't have it anymore, period. Bertuzzi is still useful for about 15 goals a year, but he's slow and doesn't have much left in the tank either.

In a dream world, I'd ship Franzen, Smith or Quincey, and a pick to Buffalo for Vanek. Let Filppula, Cleary, Miller, and White walk, buyout Samuelsson and bring up a bunch of our guys that are ready to play.

Vanek/Datsyuk/Nyquist
Tatar/Zetterberg/Brunner
Abdelkader/Helm/Bertuzzi
Eaves/Andersson/Tootoo

Emmerton/Jurco/Sheahan as your extras

Kronwall/Ericsson
Quincey/Smith/DeKeyser
Kindl/Colaiacovo
Lashoff

Howard
Gustavsson

If you look at how the D has been the past few weeks, that hasn't been an issue. Once everyone started getting comfortable together, they jelled really well. The problem has been scoring goals. Would I still love another proven top 4 guy? Yeah, but I can live with the dmen we have for another season if need be. Howard has been lights out the past few weeks as well (though he sucks in shootouts all of a sudden).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom