• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vman

Well.. 1 point up on 9th. Theoretically the Wild will show up tomorrow but who knows. One would think a team with strong leadership would turn up but this is Minnesota so who knows.

Erdrick

Andrew Ladd, Player of the week? Sure, I'll take that. Not bad at all...

We suddenly have a fair amount of injuries to deal with. Wellwood out for the immediate future after tonight, Bogosian out for week or so, Jokinen out for 6-8 weeks... Enstrom still out, Redmond might be able to play... Slater still out, Antropov... might be back tomorrow, Anthony Peluso could play tomorrow...

Jacob Trouba, our first round pick from last year could play tomorrow, perhaps... He led the team out on the opening skate tonight, but I'm not too sure if Noel wants to mess with the chemistry too much.

The game tomorrow is easily the most important game in this franchise's existence since relocating here. I hope everyone shows up and gives their all. For most of these players, it's possibly the most important game of their professional NHL careers, as aside from Ladd and Byfuglien, I think a lot of these guys have never been to the playoffs, or if they have, they have never won a game.

Enroth was insanely good, and we were lucky to get anything past him. Ott is a disgusting scumbag though, and I'm glad Ladd stood up to him.

Gonna be a tense game to watch, let alone play in, tomorrow. Ovechkin is freaking scary right now too.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Still need a point to lock up the NW

... right... because the Wild are going 3-0 and we don't get a point out of our last 3 games... Hawks need 4 points (?) for the President's Trophy, too.

We're used to playing like crap to end the season. Trust me, it doesn't work.

Marvie_3

Banned
We used this one last year. It's bullshit. It should be alarming when your team doesn't show up in a rivalry game.
It's really not though. It's essentially a meaningless game for both teams.

... right... because the Wild are going 3-0 and we don't get a point out of our last 3 games... Hawks need 4 points (?) for the President's Trophy, too.
Stranger things have happened.

We're used to playing like crap to end the season. Trust me, it doesn't work.
All teams function the same way, smelly. Good point.

Smiley90

:lol Kane trying to cherry-pick.

Corrado has been playing so well. Get rid of Barker ASAP as soon as someone else comes back.

FUCK YEAH KASSASSIN

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
2BUHDog.gif
2BUHDog.gif

calder

Belated summary:

- Jets kinda tight most of the game, tough to not be
- Pavs, man what can you say. He's had like at least one Save of the Year candidate so many times last few games it's unreal. I was 100% sure Vanek was going to score. 200% sure.
- Mittens with the winner, feels good
- Those last 6 minutes almost killed me
- Smelly, you're good people. The Jets appreciate your consistent kind thoughts. ZeroGravity too, nice to know that when we leave the SE that at least a few fans hated the Caps/Canes/Panthers more than us. I'll be cheering for Yzerman to handle his shit next year. ;)

Nervous about the Caps game tomorrow, but not as much as I should be. The Jets have been a long shot to make it for weeks now and more than anything I'm just glad they've been playing well and have clearly improved over last year. I'd love to make the playoffs, even if it just means getting absolutely murdered by the Pens, but if they don't I'm fine with that too if they play hard the last two.

Oh and speaking of the absurd chase the last few weeks:

Code:
Team             GP	PTS	Last 10
Washington	45	52	9-1-0
NY Islanders	45	53	8-0-2
NY Rangers	45	52	7-2-1
Winnipeg	46	51	6-3-1
comeonman.gif

Smiley90

Belated summary:

- Pavs, man what can you say. He's had like at least one Save of the Year candidate so many times last few games it's unreal. I was 100% sure Vanek was going to score. 200% sure.
- Smelly, you're good people. The Jets appreciate your consistent kind thoughts. ZeroGravity too, nice to know that when we leave the SE that at least a few fans hated the Caps/Canes/Panthers more than us. I'll be cheering for Yzerman to handle his shit next year. ;)

Nervous about the Caps game tomorrow, but not as much as I should be. The Jets have been a long shot to make it for weeks now and more than anything I'm just glad they've been playing well and have clearly improved over last year. I'd love to make the playoffs, even if it just means getting absolutely murdered by the Pens, but if they don't I'm fine with that too if they play hard the last two.

Code:
Washington	45	52	9-1-0
NY Islanders	45	53	8-0-2
NY Rangers	45	52	7-2-1
Winnipeg	46	51	6-3-1
comeonman.gif

Add the Senators to that list, will you

Belated summary:

Code:
Washington	45	52	9-1-0
NY Islanders	45	53	8-0-2
NY Rangers	45	52	7-2-1
Winnipeg	46	51	6-3-1
comeonman.gif
I'm pulling for you guys too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom