• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I still say Islanders are biggest threat to our Montreal-Toronto series :(, fuck the Isles!

leafs hold a tie break, at least

if leafs win one... nyi needs to get 5 of 6 possible points

if isles lose one and leafs win one... then they aren't touching the leafs

and GAF is broken

belvedere

Junior Butler
Pssh, big cities with millions of people...Since the battle for the greatest city on the planet has already been claimed, what about the worst?

Our city is so shitty that the only way it can be featured in a low budget cable series is via CG, and set 30 years in the future.

Cat Party

I keep wanting to get more involved in this thread but I never know when a good time is.

Seeing as how you're now debating relative populations of metro areas, this seems like a good time.

How about those Sharks, huh?

Socreges

Banned
you sound so salty tabris, why you so salty.

Oh i read her full interview with him, not just the little soundbite, her questioning was dumb. A little more tact would be nice from Keith but what a terrible reporter.

Keith took a swing at a player on a breakaway, D Men do this all the time, and why does the penalty matter if he scored, unless i'm missing something after the play?
Nahh, you're downplaying both the slash and Keith's reply here. The reporter was being stupid/provocative, but even with more context Keith's reply is no less stupid/sexist, not to mention that the slash itself was especially brutal

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I keep wanting to get more involved in this thread but I never know when a good time is.

Seeing as how you're now debating relative populations of metro areas, this seems like a good time.

How about those Sharks, huh?

sharks best pray they can get home ice advantage :>

Just keep this little nugget in the back of your minds, Chicago: we can beat you.

iAcHSqeixAfTe.gif

Pssh, big cities with millions of people...Since the battle for the greatest city on the planet has already been claimed, what about the worst?

Our city is so shitty that the only way it can be featured in a low budget cable series is via CG, and set 30 years in the future.

We call it Defiance now.

You know, as in "Defiance of scoring goals".

CCF23

What would make for the saltiest conference finals around here? I'm thinking if the conferences go something like:

Chicago, Anaheim, Vancouver, 4th or 5th seed win.

Chicago beats 4/5 and Vancouver beats Anaheim

Chicago vs Vancouver (although even if Anaheim beat Vancouver to get here it'd still be fun to watch Dastardly go off).

and then in the East, if things stay similar to the way they are now...

Pittsburgh, Boston (if they get 2nd), Montreal, 6th seed (Islanders?) win.

Pittsburgh beats Isles, Montreal beats Boston (a salt filled series in itself).

Pittsburgh vs Montreal.

Can't really find a better possible substitute for the East. No real way for Boston and Montreal to meet in the East final it looks like.

Samyy

What would make for the saltiest conference finals around here? I'm thinking if the conferences go something like:

Chicago, Anaheim, Vancouver, 4th or 5th seed win.

Chicago beats 4/5 and Vancouver beats Anaheim

Chicago vs Vancouver

and then in the East, if things stay similar to the way they are now...

Pittsburgh, Boston (if they get 2nd), Montreal, 6th seed (Islanders?) win.

Pittsburgh beats Isles, Montreal beats Boston (a salt filled series in itself).

Pittsburgh vs Montreal.

Can't really find a better possible substitute for the East. No real way for Boston and Montreal to meet in the East final it looks like.

This is easy, Leafs vs. Winnipeg!!

Is having a team you cheer for in the other conference for the plays locked down upon? Or is that okay here

1) you shouldn't give a shit what other people find ok for things you enjoy
2) just don't call it "my 2nd team" and you should be ok. I think it's normal to enjoy other teams and even possibly like certain teams over others in a different conference

1) you shouldn't give a shit what other people find ok for things you enjoy
2) just don't call it "my 2nd team" and you should be ok. I think it's normal to enjoy other teams and even possibly like certain teams over others in a different conference

bingo

For example, I generally like the Habs to win in the eastern conference. Because it makes the city a bit easier to live in.

3N16MA

Banned
It's hilarious how much hate he had for Cooke. He will most likely look to have Cooke kidnapped and beaten with a bag of rock salt if the sens don't make it.

Nahh, you're downplaying both the slash and Keith's reply here. The reporter was being stupid/provocative, but even with more context Keith's reply is no less stupid/sexist, not to mention that the slash itself was especially brutal

Fucking please, if you call that slash "brutal" then I don't know what you call half of the other slashes. This league really has become a pussy league if we start referring to that as "especially brutal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom