• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Where's the rest of the Blues brigade to come in and tell us they aren't bandwagoners now that it's playoff time again?

belvedere

Junior Butler
Where's the rest of the Blues brigade to come in and tell us they aren't bandwagoners now that it's playoff time again?

It just seemed like yesterday we were talking about the tank show, yet here you are saying that isn't the case.

Game and Foote haven't been around as much this season it seems, but Frey and myself have been pretty regular. I don't think we've ever posted dozens of times each day. We can only aspire to reach your level of internet commitment.

Revenant

It just seemed like yesterday we were talking about the tank show, yet here you are saying that isn't the case.

Game and Foote haven't been around as much this season it seems, but Frey and myself have been pretty regular, but I don't think we've ever posted dozens of times each day.

I want statistics, DATA. NHLGAF is about cold hard facts you fairweather fuck!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I want statistics, DATA. NHLGAF is about cold hard facts you fairweather fuck!

whitney-houston-show-me-the-receipts-gif.gif

since you guys are going to be obtuse I'll rephrase my point

from puck daddy

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...issing-vancouver-reporter-072715781--nhl.html

The problem is that even if he didn't mean it, it is what he said and it looks bad. Even on it's own the "first female ref" comment is out of line, and it's not typical of the English language to begin a sentence with an unrelated piece of information.

It might be just a goof, but it behooves him to make some sort of statement either clarifying his statement or outright apologizing. Letting it hang like a fart in an unventilated room isn't doing anybody any favors.

Socreges

Banned
Déjà vu moment, didn't think it was that hard to figure out. This same accusation/conversation was had last year. I shouldn't be surprised it's been forgotten.
And it'll be had next season when you're hardly seen during the regular season struggle into the playoffs, but miraculously appear once/if their spot is secured

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Today?

GO JETS
Go Sharks
Go Flo-ah fuck it, no way they'll beat the Rangers, or anyone for that matter.

GO JETS

Southeast could be a case of the division winner getting the 3rd seed and the rest missing the playoffs.

It almost happened last year IIRC but the Caps made it.

Revenant

The problem is that even if he didn't mean it, it is what he said and it looks bad. Even on it's own the "first female ref" comment is out of line, and it's not typical of the English language to begin a sentence with an unrelated piece of information.

It might be just a goof, but it behooves him to make some sort of statement either clarifying his statement or outright apologizing. Letting it hang like a fart in an unventilated room isn't doing anybody any favors.

Oh I agree he should apologize to her, he took it a bit too far, I don't mind snark with the media personally, but how it ended up coming out for him(the female ref line) did him no favors.

Socreges

Banned
a butt slash on a player a few steps ahead of you is a chance to maybe get them to miss a shot. I'd hardly call it "Brutal" It wasn't light but it wasn't heinous. Nothing you haven't seen 1,000 times before in hockey.

So are we calling Keith a sexist cheapshot artist? is that the full description from Vancouver, or am I missing something?

From D. Sedin on the play

SO BRUTAL
No one was concerned for his well-being. Pretty obvious that he was caught on the thick butt padding. Yet still "brutal" because there were two meters between them and that he swung his stick as hard as he could

i1x3m6fTyJgJv.gif

That's not a slash that happens as often as you suggest. It would so obviously call for a penalty shot that dmen only slash if they're closer and can at least SEEM to have slashed the stick or intended to

Anyway, goonish, flagrant, harsh -- I'll settle for any of the above ;)

Samyy

No one was concerned for his well-being. Pretty obvious that he was caught on the thick butt padding. Yet still "brutal" because there were two meters between them and that he swung his stick as hard as he could

That's not a slash that happens as often as you suggest. It would so obviously call for a penalty shot that dmen only slash if they're closer and can at least SEEM to have slashed the stick or intended to

That actually does look really bad

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a little torn tonight. On the one hand, a Caps win can give the Rangers their playoff berth tonight as long as they do their job down in Florida. On the other hand, I'd love to see the Caps miss out on the playoffs.

Either way, nothing really matters much to us if we don't win.

belvedere

Junior Butler
As I can only aspire to reach your level of fairweather commitment, looks like we've both set some lofty goals for ourselves.

I can't post every night, but I post regularly. Regular enough for you? I guess not, but it's regular. Regardless, I didn't just show up this month.

I've been bitching about the Blues for years on this forum lol. Only Soc has posted longer off the top of my head.

I'm a little torn tonight. On the one hand, a Caps win can give the Rangers their playoff berth tonight as long as they do their job down in Florida. On the other hand, I'd love to see the Caps miss out on the playoffs.

Either way, nothing really matters much to us if we don't win.

Please lose.

We need to max out on Canadian teams this year.

Revenant

i1x3m6fTyJgJv.gif

I've seen slashes like that enough that it doesn't make me bat an eye at them. It's a love tap at best. Obvious sure, but sometimes it is. There's some frustration there but If Dunc really wanted to tag him I think he would have picked some better placement. If it wasn't D sedin I doubt anyone would cared all that much.

Though this is all starting to make that pregame interview with Duncan Keith make sense...

Chicago Trib: Duncan, what is best in life?

Keith: "To crush Daniel Sedin, see Vancouver driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women."

Socreges

Banned

Game and Foote haven't been around as much this season it seems, but Frey and myself have been pretty regular. I don't think we've ever posted dozens of times each day. We can only aspire to reach your level of internet commitment.
Frey has posted.... 211 times in 23 days.

He's one of us now.

tumblr_marxocQO6j1qzz2c3o1_500.gif

I can't post every night, but I post regularly. Regular enough for you? I guess not, but it's regular. Regardless, I didn't just show up this month.

I've been bitching about the Blues for years on this forum lol. Only Soc has posted longer off the top of my head.
I honestly hadn't realized you'd been around for more than a couple. Dopey, Alucard, Solo, bish, Mike Works... probably missing a couple... have all been around for as long as I have.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Frey has posted.... 211 times in 23 days.

He's one of us now.

I honestly hadn't realized you'd been around for more than a couple. Dopey, Alucard, Solo, bish, Mike Works... probably missing a couple... have all been around for as long as I have.

Had our first child this year so it's been a bit hectic. GAF time in general usually takes place at the office (lol) if at all, but I try and jump on while games are actually being played when I can.

Smiley90

What would make for the saltiest conference finals around here? I'm thinking if the conferences go something like:

Chicago, Anaheim, Vancouver, 4th or 5th seed win.

Chicago beats 4/5 and Vancouver beats Anaheim

Chicago vs Vancouver (although even if Anaheim beat Vancouver to get here it'd still be fun to watch Dastardly go off).

and then in the East, if things stay similar to the way they are now...

Pittsburgh, Boston (if they get 2nd), Montreal, 6th seed (Islanders?) win.

Pittsburgh beats Isles, Montreal beats Boston (a salt filled series in itself).

Pittsburgh vs Montreal.

Can't really find a better possible substitute for the East. No real way for Boston and Montreal to meet in the East final it looks like.

I wanted to go back to this:

Montreal&Boston meet in the ECF if the top4 seeds (Pens, Bruins, Caps/Jets and Habs) all win.

It'd be Habs-Leafs in the first round, Habs-Pens in the second and Habs-Bruins in the 3rd.

Socreges

Banned
I've seen slashes like that enough that it doesn't make me bat an eye at them. It's a love tap at best. Obvious sure, but sometimes it is. There's some frustration there but If Dunc really wanted to tag him I think he would have picked some better placement. If it wasn't D sedin I doubt anyone would cared all that much.
Man you're just firing them off now...

Red_Man

It'd be Habs-Leafs in the first round, Habs-Pens in the second and Habs-Bruins in the 3rd.
That's literally the worst path for the Habs that could possibly happen. I doubt they could take on the Bruins after having to deal with the Leafs.

Smiley90

That's literally the worst path for the Habs that could possibly happen. I doubt they could take on the Bruins after having to deal with the Leafs.

You guys are going through terrible matchups either way. Leafs will be intense, then very likely either Boston or the Pens in the second round (which will be hard) and then the other team in the ECF. I don't envy that one bit.

Red_Man

Leafs isn't guaranteed, but if they do face the Leafs in the first round then I don't expect the Habs to be able to get past the second round.

Smiley90

Leafs isn't guaranteed, but if they do face the Leafs in the first round then I don't expect the Habs to be able to get past the second round.

I think the leafs should be good for 5th, they have the tiebreaker agains the Isles, so they only need 2 points out of 3 games for 5th.

I think the only way the Habs will make it out of the second round (barring an upset by whoever faces the Pens or Bruins) is if they get that second seed in the East. Then they'll face the Rangers/Sens in the first and Jets or Bruins in the second, which would be MUCH more forgiving than Leafs& Pens/Bruins.

EDIT: Jets or Caps, depending on who wins the SE of course.

They're playing Florida. I've given up on hoping for Florida to help the Jets. Jets need to beat the Caps today, then the Sens beat the Caps next game.
If we loose we clinch 30th and can only fall to #2 pick. I would like to to poison arrow the Rangers too and win the last two home games. The rags are scoring now, a win is bleak.

Chill the fuck out on Belvedere you salty cunts.

He, Holiday and Jakeh have all posted during the regular season this year. FOOTE had season tickets I think.

I don't actually live in STL (for the time being), otherwise I'd probably post much less too.

Probably way late on this one; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/29/rapid-city-rush-college-students-vomit_n_2569329.html :lol

Some players apparently puked here, but I didn't see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR-wA4SmbO4 (it might make you want to vomit as well)

On an unrelated topic, go Jets!

Haha shit. They so did. Also I really appreciate the fact that not only did you find something relevant and interesting but kept my post in mind and dug them up. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom