• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here are two weird sentences:

The Rangers are the top scoring team in the NHL in the month of April so far with 41 goals.

The Rangers can clinch a playoff berth tonight.

Hilti92

GHif7qb.jpg
who's in?

Samyy

He's the guy who makes goalies stop pucks and scorers score goals... All while doing almost nothing on the ice and eventually the bench - it's true

Be honest...what did you steal

They thought I had taken a second Starbucks frapp but I was wearing a t-shirt so not sure where I would have hid that one.

There was a cop in the store too, just to make it more fun.

I took nothing I swear :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
you sound so salty tabris, why you so salty.

Oh i read her full interview with him, not just the little soundbite, her questioning was dumb. A little more tact would be nice from Keith but what a terrible reporter.

Keith took a swing at a player on a breakaway, D Men do this all the time, and why does the penalty matter if he scored, unless i'm missing something after the play?

Implying the reporter knows nothing about hockey because she's a woman is more than a little tactless, man. It has no place in hockey. It's just plain old sexism.

Implying the reporter knows nothing about hockey because she's a woman is more than a little tactless, man. It has no place in hockey. It's just plain old sexism.

Come on, she was asking for it. Look at the way she phrased the question! Practically begging for someone to put her in her place. /neogaf

belvedere

Junior Butler

She simply asked him for his perspective on what happened and his reaction was completely unnecessary. Yeah, he's a douche.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Would anyone tolerate this?

I mean, yeah, he could've used a little more tact when saying that, but really it's the reporter's fault for asking dumb question. Basically asking for a racist comment, deserved it with that kind of question.

/Rev

/salt

Heretic

Funny story:
When the canucks were at the Ponda Center I met some really cool dudes that had come down from vancouver. We were chatting as we walked back to the parking lot and they started asking my girlfriend if she liked hockey and if she knew the rules.

Vancouver fans are sexist.

Funny story:
When the canucks were at the Ponda Center I met some really cool dudes that had come down from vancouver. We were chatting as we walked back to the parking lot and they started asking my girlfriend if she liked hockey and if she knew the rules.

Vancouver fans are sexist.

This is not surprising to me.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
you guys want to get eliminated so early in the 'Yoffs?

If there is a Habs or Leafs fan that doesn't want this matchup they aren't a fan dammit. It's been over 30 years since they last met in the playoffs.

Habs fans feel confident they could crush us due to our inexperience when it comes to the playoffs.

Leafs fans feel confident they could crush the Habs due to their recent tailspin, us stretching their box a few times this year.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
you guys want to get eliminated so early in the 'Yoffs?

Leafs goal differential last year: -33

Leafs goal differential against boston last year: -26

yeah, I'd rather have montreal over boston... even if we have been playing better (-3 against boston!)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If there is a Habs or Leafs fan that doesn't want this matchup they aren't a fan dammit. It's been over 30 years since they last met in the playoffs.

Habs fans feel confident they could crush us due to our inexperience when it comes to the playoffs.

Leafs fans feel confident they could crush the Habs due to their recent tailspin, us stretching their box a few times this year.
I don't want the match up, I want Leafs / Bruins so they can kill each other. I'd love to see Leafs /Habs but rationally Leafs / Bruins gives the Habs the best chance to progress

3N16MA

Banned
Once the playoffs start the Leafs will kill whatever little hype the Jays still have left. Will anyone even remember Toronto has a baseball team?

No just an embarrassing POS newspaper in town.

I don't know a single fan here who gave a shit about Cooke.

Win games, make the playoffs is all that matters.

They wouldn't put it on the cover if it didn't sell copies though. I know it isn't rational fans but the fact that any at all do is odd.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
They wouldn't put it on the cover if it didn't sell copies though. I know it isn't rational fans but the fact that any at all do is odd.

it's the sun.

toronto sun front page back near the start of the season was of tim connolly (or tim gone-olly in their speak) being sent down to the minors

yep.

front page news for a city the size of chicago, leafs send down underachieving center.

Curufinwe

I don't want the match up, I want Leafs / Bruins so they can kill each other. I'd love to see Leafs /Habs but rationally Leafs / Bruins gives the Habs the best chance to progress

That's rational. Philly got to the SCF in 2010 partly due to favorable matchups.

Well that's pretty much it right there. They'll print anything for attention and web clicks and they need it I guess, who buys a newspaper in this day and age ?

Here's another example of their fine standard of journalism:

La7kFrb.jpg

Obviously we're not homophobic here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom