• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

I thought it was only 3 teams that were guaranteed from each division. As in, one division could end up sending 5 while the other sends only 3.

That's right. Maybe only three of these teams make it in next year. Only Carolina was truly bad this season.

PIT
NYR
WAS
NYI
CBJ
PHI
NJ
CAR

Making the playoffs in the Northeast, er, "Central" next season will be fucking rough.

Boston
Detroit
Montreal
Toronto
Ottawa
Buffalo
Florida
Tampa

Only 4 teams get in. 5 of those teams are playoff teams this year. 6 were last year.

Boston and Montreal are going to be in.

Buffalo, Florida and Tampa I think will miss.

That means two of either Detroit, Toronto and Ottawa would get in. You have to believe one of those three will falter next year ... but I have no clue which one it will be.

EDIT: Curu has a good point, too. I forgot they split the playoffs over both divisions.

Alucard

Banned
Go Pens. Nice offensive explosion to end the regular season. Bring on the Sens or Isles. Have a feeling it'll be the Sens just because of the hockey gods.

Razorskin

----- ------
Do the right thing tomorrow, Boston.

1364074383750vhuiq.gif

Love it. Perfect.

Would honestly prefer that the Pens face the Islanders. Anderson kind of scares me, and Karlsson will be running on salt along with the entire Sens team, fanbase, and organization. Can a team win on salt alone?!

The Canadian government will start airdropping salt on Pittsburgh.

No one will care.

I am fine with the Sharks winning or losing this game to the Kings. Don't mind either crushing the Blues or Canucks in the 1st Round.

But I would rather have the Sharks and Kings both throw the game so they can form a single team called the Hella Socal and play against the Blues.

Merguson

Banned
I predicted the Habs would win this game.

Budaj's belief in jesus and love flows to his teammates.

Price's fear is poisonous to his teammates.

EDIT: Oh right. Need some salt.

iI4m1I7A54Yiu.gif

Socreges

Banned
I'm guessing I was part of the crew that first constituted NHL-GAF. I can't remember how it all began, but for several years it was a small group that grew very slowly. And now we've reached 20k for the first time. Pretty crazy

MacAttack

So.....any chance Boston throws tomorrow's game? I think they'd MUCH rather play the Leafs than the Isles.

In which case, it would be Habs-Sens.

They wont throw it and would prefer home ice but I expect Chara, Lucic, Rask and maybe one other regular sitting out the game.

Tonights game was playoff intensity all the way through, including the Bruins making Holtby look like a Vezina candidate. Three power play goals against and blowing a 2-0 lead on the road is a tough loss but hopefully its a character builder.

Slurmer

Banned
I'm guessing I was part of the crew that first constituted NHL-GAF. I can't remember how it all began, but for several years it was a small group that grew very slowly. And now we've reached 20k for the first time. Pretty crazy
I remember first finding out about it 5 years ago and then immediately getting banned before I could post. Stupid poli-gaf....stupid Obama.
I can't believe I joined way back in 2008, well joined GAF all together, after the Wings won in 08.
Life long

Socreges

Banned
I am fine with the Sharks winning or losing this game to the Kings. Don't mind either crushing the Blues or Canucks in the 1st Round.

But I would rather have the Sharks and Kings both throw the game so they can form a single team called the Hella Socal and play against the Blues.
lol

H. Sedin in street clothes already, :lol

Only played one short shift to keep the ironman streak going.
a) Play entire game and risk wrath of Hockey Gods in order to preserve streak
b) Sit entire game, end streak
c) Play one shift, preserve streak, avoid injury, piss off Don Cherry and those that think like him

calder

Just ask yourself, "Did I kinda hate Drensch? If so, do I remember his real name before he switched to the portmanteau 'Drensch'? Why do I remember that nomoment was an Oilers fan, and did Mike Works or bishoptl ban demzor the first time?"

If you answered yes to any of the questions, then you're part of the first wave. Hell, even easier, if you remember when OT was created then definitely yes you have also been here way too damn long.

Socreges

Banned
GAF has grown much more quickly over the last few years, which is probably the reason for NHL-GAF booming.

It was a different place in '07. Didn't really post much back then. You guys were an intimidating bunch.
More discussion for sure. Less score trailing and meme posts. Probably seemed hostile and cliquish.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
GAF has grown much more quickly over the last few years, which is probably the reason for NHL-GAF booming.

More discussion for sure. Less score trailing and meme posts. Probably seemed hostile and cliquish.
Pretty much the same people past few years, no?

Well...minus Manics and 'ForzaItalia'
you'll always be forza to me, not Greekboy

UberTag

No

Also All Original 6 teams are in the playoffs!!

Respect your elders!!
With 4 of those Original 6 teams in the same division next season and going forward it's quite possible this year will be the ABSOLUTE LAST TIME that all six teams will be playoff bound together.

Socreges

Banned
Duncan Keith doesn't play for Edmonton.
Keith only hates Daniel. Pretty sure Duncan and Hank rollerblade together in the offseasons.

Just ask yourself, "Did I kinda hate Drensch? If so, do I remember his real name before he switched to the portmanteau 'Drensch'? Why do I remember that nomoment was an Oilers fan, and did Mike Works or bishptl ban demzor the first time?"

If you answer yes to any or all question(s), then you're likely part of the first wave. Or if you remember when OT was created.
Been around since 2000 and presumably posted about hockey for as long as there were threads about it. Shame they weren't archived.

Dunno if I passed your test, though. I remember nomoment, but can't remember Drensch's original name (what was it?).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
22 straight years. A week ago I thought they had no shot. Right now they're playing like they could beat anyone.

Too bad we play Anaheim and our games start at 10:30. Next year's move to the east can't come fast enough.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
ELLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR
GAAAAAAAALLLLLLLAAAAGGHEERRRRRRRRRRRR
UNF UNF UNF

Was at my sister's house to watch the game, with my brother in law who's a big Leafs fan and was chirping before the game. Feels good man.

Time to go through the thread and read all the salt I missed out on.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Just ask yourself, "Did I kinda hate Drensch? If so, do I remember his real name before he switched to the portmanteau 'Drensch'? Why do I remember that nomoment was an Oilers fan, and did Mike Works or bishoptl ban demzor the first time?"

If you answered yes to any of the questions, then you're part of the first wave. Hell, even easier, if you remember when OT was created then definitely yes you have also been here way too damn long.
...fuckin Drensch

I will. Once After Hours starts.
sE1uSui.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom