• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I think the Rags beating the Caps is almost a certainty.

The only thing that concerns me is just HOW hot Ovechkin and the Caps are right now.

That said, we're pretty damn hot, too, and we're 2-0-1 against the Caps this season, and we only really played the Caps during our shittiest stretches of the season. (Our first win was the only win in a 6 game span, the second the only win in a 5 game span, the SO loss coming after losing to the last place Panthers.)

Going to be interesting.

Solo

Bish needs to rename the thread tomorrow. We are all Sens fans (because Sens winning means Leafs get Bruins which of course plays into the continued misery of Toronto).

RC

Banned
Bish needs to rename the thread tomorrow. We are all Sens fans (because Sens winning means Leafs get Bruins which of course plays into the continued misery of Toronto).

Don't deny me a Habs/Leafs series. It's the best thing for all of us.

Starting to wonder whether the Canes thought they could lose points in the standings the wider the gap in the game was.

What a fucking season.

Horrorcanes.

Solo

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 42s
#Habs Eller: "Game isn't won on the weight scale or on paper or in the gym."

:)

Love the kid to death. 33 points this season which equates to 57 points over an 82 game season. Almost a 60 point season for a third line center. Amazing.

Also:

2010-2011: 17 points
2011-2012: 28 points
2012-2013: 57 points (if an 82 game season)

I wish Manics were still here for me to rub it in his face. Been telling GAF since 2010 that Eller was going to be a beast. Finally getting there!

Solo

oxgUr.gif

20K!

It would be hilarious if detroits playoff appearance streak ends the first year they move to the east.

You know, this same stupid thing is said every year just in different ways, "Would be hilarious if their streak ended this year because of X". :/

Plus it is a whole new playoff structure to get in which I don't like at all and being in a division with more teams making even harder...

Solo

Making the playoffs in the Northeast, er, "Central" next season will be fucking rough.

Boston
Detroit
Montreal
Toronto
Ottawa
Buffalo
Florida
Tampa

Only 4 teams get in. 5 of those teams are playoff teams this year. 6 were last year.

cashman

Banned
Joe Nieuwendyk is out as the Stars GM.

Jim Nill from the Red Wings is the new guy. I don't really follow hockey, but is this a good move? Twitter seems to think so.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Making the playoffs in the Northeast, er, "Central" next season will be fucking rough.

Boston
Detroit
Montreal
Toronto
Ottawa
Buffalo
Florida
Tampa

Only 4 teams get in. 5 of those teams are playoff teams this year. 6 were last year.

I thought it was only 3 teams that were guaranteed from each division. As in, one division could end up sending 5 while the other sends only 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom