• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

LOL Minnesota. All that money spent just to squeak into the playoffs on the very last day to be first round fodder for the Blackhawks.

I'm a Cleveland fan, so I'm used to disappointment.

But damn. This still really sucks.

Bert, you guys are on the right track for the first time in forever. Plus, you have THREE good first rounders in a deep draft. There is a lot to be looking forward to and you will probably make it next year in a full season.

UberTag

So.....any chance Boston throws tomorrow's game? I think they'd MUCH rather play the Leafs than the Isles.

In which case, it would be Habs-Sens.
I'd rather not play the Isles, too. But the one risk about tanking to play the Leafs is we'll piss away possible home ice advantage versus the Capitals in the 2nd round.

Best scenario from my view is that we beat the Sens in OT or a shootout. That way we still get 2nd and play Ottawa after dicking them in the final game of the season.
And if they grind out a win then they'll have earned it and we'll beat up on the Leafs.

Solo

Man the potential East matchups are so fucking delicious. The fact that we're guaranteed at least one of

Habs/Leafs
Bruins/Leafs
Habs/Sens

Is awesome. Get that SALT ready!

Bert, you guys are on the right track for the first time in forever. Plus, you have THREE good first rounders in a deep draft. There is a lot to be looking forward to and you will probably make it next year in a full season.

Let's hope so.

This was such an exciting season. I still sometimes struggle to keep up with hockey since I didn't have an NHL team to root for until I was 14, but I do my best and really want the CBJ to succeed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So.....any chance Boston throws tomorrow's game? I think they'd MUCH rather play the Leafs than the Isles.

In which case, it would be Habs-Sens.

I don't think Boston wants to chance a series against the leafs simply because of size

We have been playing fairly even games despite the record

And there'd be a higher risk of injury against toronto

B7bM7EB.jpg

Better than divisional opponents that have arguably been the 2 best in the league for the last 2 months? Don't think so. Wild tripped and fell into the playoffs.

Wild will be in Chicago's division/conference next year, with Columbus going to the east so this is the start of a new division rivalry. Though I would have liked to see Columbus make it over Minnesota too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom