• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
More discussion for sure. Less score trailing and meme posts. Probably seemed hostile and cliquish.
Has that much really changed from 07? I think I started to post in 09 and before that I had been reading for a while without actually posting and It feels like it always been a place full of gifs and inside jokes, just think of all the Pens gifs and manics constant attacks on Wolf and Malakhov. But yeah maybe it has gotten worse.

The biggest difference I can feel is how much Hawks GAF has grown, If I remember it correctly it used to be just marvie :p

Marvie_3

Banned
You're gonna get it.

Salt, that is.

ibnGFpWHBZ6hxi.gif

TUSR

Banned
I lurked from 07-09, got my membership in 09. Didn't really post for another year or two. And only frequently working a desk job I started and that progressed into always being on.

This is also the first NHL thread I've reallllly posted in.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So who is ripe for an upset?
IMO only the Pens losing in the East would count as an upset, any other team wins and it's not that surprising because of how close the rest of the teams are. Any of Chicago, Anaheim and to a lesser extent Vancouver losing in the 1st would be considered an upset to me.

Socreges

Banned
Has that much really changed from 07? I think I started to post in 09 and before that I had been reading for a while without actually posting and It feels like it always been a place full of gifs and inside jokes, just think of all the Pens gifs and manics constant attacks on Wolf and Malakhov. But yeah maybe it has gotten worse.
Didn't mean to suggest it's changed much or that it was better back then, but there was definitely a greater proportion of hockey discussion, far fewer gifs (this has changed internet-wide), etc. Now we get like 3-5 pages just from a dozen Leafs fans making the same observations/quips/gifs during the game.

It's a better community now, imo. We know more about hockey, have fans from every team, and get along better.

alexthekid said:
The biggest difference I can feel is how much Hawks GAF has grown, If I remember it correctly it used to be just marvie :p
Marvie is relatively new too. We only got Hawks fans in here once they started doing well

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I hope Lu starts skating around at mid ice like guys do in NHL 13 drop in games, what a terrible potential final game as a Canuck.

Socreges

Banned
I was at the last game of the season against the Oilers last year. Canucks played their best players, on home ice, and were still going for the Presidents Trophy. They won 5-0 or something. Great game.

Tonight, our top6:

Bieksa-Alberts
Ballard-Corrado
Barker-Joslin

I was at the last game of the season against the Oilers last year. Canucks played their best players, on home ice, and were still going for the Presidents Trophy. They won 5-0 or something. Great game.

Tonight, our top6:

Bieksa-Alberts
Ballard-Corrado
Barker-Joslin

NBqkq.gif

Socreges

Banned
I need to gif Fistric cross-checking Pinnizotto in the neck. In slow motion you can see his neck bend in the back. Sick

I hope that gets a suspension

Socreges

Banned
Oilers miss playoffs again. Receive standing ovation.

Worse than that cross check Kariya got from that dirty fucker Surer?
Not much is as bad as that, but Pinnizotta got it right in the front of the neck where it's most dangerous.

[edit] CBC comes through once again. "Push just a little too late" as the closing song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom